Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : August BOC Frit Challenge Drawing Contestants and Prize

ThatFritGirl
2010-08-08, 2:26pm
Hot, hot hot out there folks! I know that alot of you (myself included) are almost too hot to torch, but these kiddos are soooo worth the sweat!!!

August brings us the following....

1oz Nuance
1oz Loetz Grey/Gold
1oz Magic Gold Iris
0.5oz Z99 Purple Rose Special

Drawing Contestants (so far):
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse

infernoglassbeads
2010-08-09, 4:13pm
I am so psyched to get my frit! \\:D/

What can be better than being able to play & help out kids at the same time! Thank you Leslie! =D>

ThatFritGirl
2010-08-09, 5:43pm
It's my pleasure!!! This should be something fun!!

Here is an updated list:

Drawing Contestants (so far):
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse
6. Astrid Lisa Boyce
7. Amanda Harris

Seasoned Soul
2010-08-09, 8:18pm
wooo to the hooo!!!!!

[-o<

*** you're righ, it's hot as hades here in Texas

infernoglassbeads
2010-08-11, 3:58pm
Got mine already! :waving:

Feeling kind of blah today, but hopefully I will crank up the torch tomorrow!

alb6094
2010-08-13, 12:44pm
Leslie thank you so much for the fast shipping and WOW, these frits look amazing! :) I've already set my alarm for 4AM tomorrow morning so I can go out and torch before it gets beastly, lol. I'll have BOC beads coming back to you ASAP.

Oh, I love the copper cutouts too, really cool!

pittypat
2010-08-13, 12:51pm
I am having too much fun, too!! Did you know that every frit I have tried looks just grand on Opal Yellow??
Forty more coming to ya, Leslie....
Pat

krisb16
2010-08-13, 6:50pm
Got mine too, and just got done popping them into the kiln. Yeah! What a fabulous cause and a generous offer, Leslie! Mine aren't the best, but they are made with love.

alb6094
2010-08-18, 3:58pm
Got mine too, and just got done popping them into the kiln. Yeah! What a fabulous cause and a generous offer, Leslie! Mine aren't the best, but they are made with love.

Ditto :D Having lots of fun though! I think I have 9 more out in the kiln (I'm slow) today and hope to work on more tomorrow if this cooler weather holds. It was actually cloudy here today! So strange to sit and lampwork in the garage in the afternoon, I've almost become a vampire lampworker because of the heat.

infernoglassbeads
2010-08-19, 6:10pm
I am playing when I torch, but I've only gotten to 2 colors so far...but they are so beautiful! I'm hoping next week I can sit and play some more with the rest!

Leslie, when did you need the beads by? Also, did you want our "notes" on how we made the beads? (mine are all real simple, so it would be easy! :lol:)

ThatFritGirl
2010-08-21, 5:49am
Notes would be great if possible, but not absolutely neccessary - if you forget or are not a note person no problem, at least we have beads & examples of what they look like!

I send out beads as soon as my little boxes get full enough, so please don't feel pressure to meed any sort of deadline. I'll keep this challenge going as long as there are people interested in doing it and as long as the kiddos need the beads. If you miss one box, there will always be another going out after it!

ThatFritGirl
2010-08-21, 3:19pm
A new updated list.....:cool:

Drawing Contestants:
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse
6. Astrid Lisa Boyce
7. Amanda Harris
8. Jerry Spangler

ThatFritGirl
2010-08-25, 6:36pm
A new updated list.....

Drawing Contestants:
1. Darcy York
2. LaWatha Wisehart
3. Tammye Williams
4. Kris Ball
5. Rachel Baron-Newhouse
6. Astrid Lisa Boyce
7. Amanda Harris
8. Jerry Spangler
9. Jennifer Thakurwani
10. Pia Kaven

pittypat
2010-08-25, 10:41pm
I'm whininggggg, Leslie....where is my name? What did I win??? LOL
loveya, pat

ThatFritGirl
2010-08-26, 3:55am
Ah, my Dear, your name was on last month's list! Your name goes on the list for the drawing for the month that you order, but it goes on EACH TIME that you order during that month :)

Beads are starting to come in! Pat, I got some from you and the kiddos will LOVE them!

pittypat
2010-08-26, 5:05am
Well, put me down for some more by Friday...I have done them all and should be able to clean them tonight and send tomorrow. I will get to ordering then!! And I will answer your PM later today...thanks so much, Leslie...
Pat

infernoglassbeads
2010-08-30, 7:51am
I only have Green Luster left to test :) All of the other colors have been simply gorgeous so far!!

Just wanted to remind peeps that we can't have exposed silver glass that can touch the skin (found that out in the official thread). But it's good practice for my encasing! :)