Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : How to make a half and half bead

gemsinbloom
2010-09-13, 8:16pm
We all know how to make a bead where it is half one color and half another which runs from hole to hole.

I want to make a large pressed lentil bead where each side of the pressed bead is a different color. I have been mulling this over for a bit and have come up with squat.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

PiP
2010-09-13, 8:38pm
Hey!! I finally get to be able to provide an answer instead of just reading !!!

I've made quite a few of them. What you'll want to do is place 4 dots around the mandrel. Put the like colors next to each other. Normally when the dots start really building up I'll press them down. Once you think you have enough glass then round it out.

Looks great with like colors if you use opaque and transparent.

Have fun!!

Kalorlo
2010-09-14, 1:28am
If I have the right idea of what you want to do, what I'd try is making the core in clear, or anything really depending on what you want to put on top. Press it, then encase each side separately with the colour you want and press again. You'd need to be very careful to keep the side seams tidy, but I think it should work?

BellaBean
2010-09-14, 5:45am
^^ This is kind of what I do. I make a one color lentil (but make it thin). Then encase one side in the other color and press. It helps to make the whole lentil the lighter of the 2 colors and the encased side the darker color.