Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Free tutorial on making fish beads for BOC

Diane Woodall
2010-09-19, 1:57pm
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that I've posted a tutorial on how to make fish, hearts and butterfly beads for BOC on my website. All you have to do is click on the title of the tutorial you want and you'll be able to open a PDF that you can print for yourself and your friends.

These tutorials are absolutely free. All I ask is that if you do use them, make a few beads for BOC. They really mean a lot to the kiddos.

Here's the link. Enjoy.......To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GlassGalore
2010-09-19, 2:55pm
Love the new fishie tute! Thanks Diane! :)
The links to the butterfly ones aren't working for me... :(

Diane Woodall
2010-09-19, 3:30pm
Thanks Lisa, I fixed the links for the butterfly tutorials. It's been a long time since I originally built this page and I've updated my computer since then. Thanks for letting me know about the broken links.

ekkc
2010-09-19, 3:42pm
Love them! Thanks so much, Diane. One of these days, I'll actually make it out to my studio and make a bead again, and I'll use this to inspire me. I miss you so much and was sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting last week to see you! :love:

houptdavid
2010-09-19, 4:07pm
Diane Sweet of you to post, you maigh also want to put a link in the tutorials thread if you havent yet

cadia
2010-09-19, 4:20pm
Diane That is soo kind of you!

praxidis
2010-10-11, 9:44pm
After seeing the video in the BR today, and printing out your fishie tut, I was inspired to try my first fish!
I have wanted to make some beads for BOC, but have a hard time with sculpting and just wasn't sure what to make.
Your tut was so easy to follow I had a great time making my first one, and know I'll be trying more soon.
Thank you so much-you're a gem!
:love:
Prax

Deborah
2010-10-12, 12:09am
How sweet of you to do this! Thanks!

cdmaam
2010-10-12, 5:02am
Thank you very much!

Ann~
2011-01-02, 8:39am
Thanks Diane, that's so nice of you! Great tutorial, I will try making some for the kids this week.

marilyn h
2011-01-02, 10:37am
How kind of you to share. Maybe my fish will be more acceptable with instruction of yours. Thank you.!

artwhim
2011-01-05, 9:43am
Oh, I love your fish Dianne! I have a tendency to make really thin fins that wouldn't be appropriate for BOC so I've stayed away from fish. Will have to make some with your tut. Thanks!

Diane Woodall
2011-01-05, 12:31pm
Thanks everyone. I always loved seeing the beautiful, delicate fish other beadmakers were making, but I knew they couldn't survive the "love" the kids at BOC would give to them. My design is a little clunkier, but hopefully they'll hold up well. Perhaps one day I'll try and work out a version with the hole going vertically.

I made one into a key chain for DH and he's been using it for a month or so now. It's a test to see if the design is sturdy enough.

LuckyBunny
2011-01-06, 10:10am
These are great! LOVE the fish!! This will be a great way to use the frit I have from ThatFritGirl's frit challenge for BOC!! :)

Melinda
2011-05-11, 9:10pm
Thanks for the free fish Tut. I've printed it out and I'm gonna give it a whirl the next time I sit at the torch.