Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Critter beads and BOC

Bluejeangirlnc
2010-10-18, 1:03pm
I love to make critter beads and as I'm doing them sometimes they don't come out quite as I'd like them to. There's nothing "wrong" with them but I wondered if they'd be okay for BOC beads? Most of them do have little bumps for ears and I've got one that has small wings though they're not delicate.

Would these be okay to send to the kids?

Thanks!
Wendy

davelovins
2010-10-18, 1:18pm
Hi Wendy,
Those are awesome. I'll wait for an expert to give you a definite answer, but just wanted to say those are really cool. I hope they are acceptable cause I know they would really make kids smile.

Bluejeangirlnc
2010-10-18, 1:20pm
Aww thanks Dave! I just don't want to send them something they can't use. :)

GlassGalore
2010-10-18, 1:25pm
Those wings and ears look pretty 'sturdy' from here. Those will make some smiles for sure! I'm not the official answer person either though. I just had to chime in because they're too stinkin' adorable! ;)

PattyK
2010-10-18, 3:05pm
Wendy, those are adorable!

Bluejeangirlnc
2010-10-18, 7:40pm
Thanks Lisa and Patty. They're kinda noisy when there's too many of them so I try to find them new homes as quickly as possible. ;)

ChaosMom
2010-10-21, 9:39am
They sure made me smile :) Not an official answer either, but I just had to say how cute they are. LOVE the faces!!!!

theglasszone
2010-10-21, 9:34pm
OMG Wendy, those are adorable and I'm not the definitive voice, but I'm gonna bet the kids would love those!

I liked that Bumble Bee so much I even went trolling in your Etsy to see if there was a similar one there...but no little sitting bumble bee babies for sale. :( Well at least not yet! :lol:

WINK!

Bluejeangirlnc
2010-10-22, 4:30am
Awww thanks De! I haven't had any torch time since last Saturday. Thought I'd get some last night but DD (17) had a series of siezures at the end of the school day and after we got her home and settled she wanted to watch a movie with all of us. No torch time but time well spent anyway.

The bee was something new I tried so there will be more, though. ChaosMom, part of their face is built using a section from Cynthia Tilker's keeper tutorial. I've never made a keeper from the full tutorial but the way she does the face makes it super simple to add life to a critter bead.

I'm going to string some beads up this weekend and send them off to BOC. If they can't use these for the kids maybe they can sit on a desk somewhere there and make someone smile. ;)

LoriGreenberg
2010-10-27, 1:14pm
I'm no expert but I can be an 'official' voice. :)

They're GREAT and the kids will love them! As long as any bumps and raised areas are melted in firmly they should be good!

Bluejeangirlnc
2010-11-02, 10:12am
Thanks Lori! I'm hoping to have several done by the end of Thanksgiving break and mail them off in time for them to make a child smile by Christmas. ;)