Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : set point controller

cakey
2006-03-27, 9:36am
Does any one know which kilns are made with a "set pont controller"?
I'm beginning to think I will never be able to afford a kiln with a controler. I did however read that some kilns have a set point controller so you can manually ramp up with a pyrometer to a pre determined set temperture, then the kiln will automatically hold at that set point for soaking.

Ellen Black
2006-04-09, 7:18am
Hi, A friend of mine uses a set point controller, and likes it. I believe it was purchased at Frantz Art Glass. This was at least 7 years ago, and I dont' know if Mike still carries them.

There are some great kilns out there with digital controllers. Chili Pepper, with a digital controller is around $500. Paragon has just come with some new annealers tpo this year. First you need to think about what your future needs might be for your kiln. Chili Pepper is a great bead annealer , but you can't fuse in it. You would need a brick kiln. I think another important safety feature is that the elements are quartz encased. I have an Arrow Springs kiln and controller. Maybe you can keep an eye out for a used kiln. ISGB has a used equipment section too.