Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : BOC on CBS yesterday

Diane Gates
2010-12-13, 9:27am
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This was on CBS yesterday and well worth watching about BOC. Get the hankies out but a great reminder of the importance of our bead donations.

Enjoy!

neagle
2010-12-13, 9:44am
Wonderful. Thanks for posting.

Diane Woodall
2010-12-13, 10:20am
Wow, CBS did a wonderful job introducing the world to BOC. It makes me want to donate even more beads this coming year!

Vanityfaire
2010-12-13, 11:15am
This was awesome. I have had experience with children in the Oncology unit as an educator. Their stories are filled with courage and bravery. I wish BOC was available to those children back than, but so glad they have this program now. I worked a lot with parents and I think that having these beads to recall a journey is helpful and it bridges discussion between the child and caregiver. Children are afraid to talk to their parents because they understand the fear that their parents have so they tend to not talk about it. Parents don't want to talk about it with their children because they don't have answers and don't want to upset the child. So you tend to have this BIG ELEPHANT in the room. Through the beads stories can be told and shared and healing can occur.

jujeebeads
2010-12-14, 11:01am
Congrats to BOC and Jean for a beautiful story! And Lori and Margaret did a great job too!

bshelle
2010-12-16, 10:27am
Wow, what a great segment! I really had no idea the impact of this.

gemsinbloom
2010-12-16, 10:50am
I had no idea either. Is this program in Canada? They did not mention Canada on the video. I would like to get involved. Or can Canadians send beads to the program in other countries?

ginger2
2010-12-16, 4:15pm
Thanks so much for posting this, as I didn't get to see it air. I'm so happy to be one small cog to provide beads for these brave children.
ginger

Chemwapuwa
2010-12-16, 5:43pm
Great Story, thank you. I going to go practice donate

Swirls
2010-12-16, 5:49pm
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will be sending in some beads to help support this program.

Linda

amazon
2010-12-17, 5:37am
I just sent a link to the University of Iowa Children's Hospital. I hope they'll see it and at least inquire about participating!

RSimmons
2010-12-17, 6:56am
I had no idea either. Is this program in Canada? They did not mention Canada on the video. I would like to get involved. Or can Canadians send beads to the program in other countries?

We don't have a presence in Canada at the moment, though it would be nice if we could get going there.

Robert

LoriGreenberg
2010-12-23, 10:54am
Last I heard, we have a few sites in Canada waiting to come on board! (as well as the UK and other parts of the world who are working on their contracts).

We can use all the beads we can get from anywhere in the world! We never turn them away!! Think of it as stocking up for a site near you for when they DO get Beads of Courage!

Thank you everyone for spreading the word. That is the best compliment you could give to Beads of Courage. Also, if anyone has an "in" on a pediatric wing, it goes a long way to being able to get a site in the program. Colin Smith is the Program Director and she can answer any questions you might have. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.