Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Bead Decoration Assist System

BillBrach
2005-07-18, 6:22pm
Many people have asked me about this so I thought I'd post a link to a page I've prepared for it.

At first look, my system seems similar to the "Creative Station" but, is specifically aimed at improving your ability to MORE ACCURATELY DECORATE a bead.

It does this by moving your "anchor" point from your shoulder, to the side of your palms, therefore reducing the "trembling" you have when working with something small like a bead, with your arms extended.

I build them one at a time, to fit you and your specific torch. And please note that these are not intended to reduce fatigue, but that they do this too.

Take a look and see what you think and try the test as suggested on this page: http://user.gru.net/billbrach/armstead/index.htm

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, as they will help other viewers of the thread too.

Kalera
2005-07-18, 9:27pm
Very cool little unit! Thanks for posting, Bill!

SuzyQ
2005-07-19, 5:14am
Bill, I stand. Do you have any ideas for something that would work?

BillBrach
2005-07-19, 5:38am
Suzy,

Whether you sit or stand doesn't make any difference IF YOUR WORKSURFACE is at the correct height.

I stand too, but also have a tall stool, and go back and forth between sitting and standing, depending on how tired my butt is.

My unit only raises the torch 3/4", so it should not be a problem.

Specifics in my case: I'm 6' tall, my bench top is 41" off the floor, and when I stand at the bench, my elbow is about 6" above the top.

I would think that your elbow needs to be no lower than 6" above the top, but could be up to 8" and my unit still work.

Bill