Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New Vetrofond ODD colors Pale Pesto and Biscotti look alike

turtleshelle
2011-03-03, 7:38pm
Hi all:waving:
I ordered some glass last week for my birthday-including the Pale Pesto and Biscotti. I got them today and these two colors are practically indistiguishable from each other in rod form. Has anyone else noticed this or could I have mistakenly gotten two pounds of the same color? Thanks.

neagle
2011-03-04, 10:00am
Well, I don't have Biscotti, but I have Pale Pesto, which is nothing like Pesto, unfortunately. I thought it would be a paler version of that lovely glass, but it's just a creamy white that goes kind of creamy pink. If Biscotti looks like that, then yes to your question.

beadbroad
2011-03-04, 5:26pm
The original batch of pale pesto I got was a lovely greeny color, and I think the rods were a little rough. The next one I ordered from a different vendor was identical to the ELO I got from the first vendor -- who is the distributor. I think the second vendor had purchased it before the big batch of ELO came in, and I suspect there was some discretion in naming on the distributors part. Very disappointing. I paid a lot more for the second batch I got than I paid for either the first or the ELO, but the distributor was already out. I'd like more of the pale pesto I got the first time around.

bluhealer
2011-03-04, 6:30pm
I liked the one that goes slightly pink, and if anyone has any to sell, I'm interested....

neagle
2011-03-04, 9:21pm
Actually, the regular pesto rods that I got originally were kind of rough and that lovely green color with tiny dots of green, but I haven't seen it anywhere since. :cry:.
I have a feeling I'll never see it again, either.

The original batch of pale pesto I got was a lovely greeny color, and I think the rods were a little rough. The next one I ordered from a different vendor was identical to the ELO I got from the first vendor -- who is the distributor. I think the second vendor had purchased it before the big batch of ELO came in, and I suspect there was some discretion in naming on the distributors part. Very disappointing. I paid a lot more for the second batch I got than I paid for either the first or the ELO, but the distributor was already out. I'd like more of the pale pesto I got the first time around.

turtleshelle
2011-03-05, 8:32am
I got ELO with this order too but it is just a greenish tinged light ivory-not close to either colors. The rods of both colors are rough and practically indistiguishable from each other. Hmmm, I am going to melt some glass this weekend and hopefully they will turn out differently.

SuzyQ
2011-03-05, 11:01am
My biscotti and pale pesto are almost identical in color. The biscotti is a smoother rod while the pale pesto is a rougher textured rod.

Dreamsincolor
2011-03-06, 9:26pm
I ordered some pale pesto from Frantz and when the order arrived I didn't know which the pale pesto was because what I received was a transparent looking very light green. I was told it would become more opaque when it went into the flame. I haven't tried it in anything yet. Has anyone gotten this kind and tried it to see if it does turn opaque? If so, any special suggestions on working it?

Deborah
2011-03-06, 10:00pm
Dreamsincolor - I wish I could help, but all my pale pesto is opaque.

SuzyQ
2011-03-07, 4:23am
Try it first. I have a few rods of other colors (ivory for one) that are translucent looking and turn opaque just by being used.