Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Endeavor launch delayed!

jujeebeads
2011-04-29, 9:53am
What a bummer! I feel for all of those who are actually there. What a disappointment.

hopefully Sunday will be a better day

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New2glassgal
2011-04-29, 10:00am
I hope it can go up Sunday! Lots of prayers!

Reenie
2011-04-29, 10:10am
Better safe than sorry :-)
The Endeavor has special meaning to me. It was the one and only space shuttle that I got to touch, look at the burnt tiles on the bottom and read all the numbers walking underneath, got a peek inside the shuttle and all the areas throughout. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. And they let you take pics :-) I'll need to pull them out before Sunday.

karin
2011-04-29, 10:44am
My dh was down there for the originally scheduled date for the Columbia in the fall. Cancelled, waited, cancelled, waited... after 4 days he finally came back. I think it finally launched 4 months later? He was very very disappointed, but by the time you buy the plane ticket, the hotel room, the observation ticket (which you have to pay part of again each day they postpone), you can't wait forever. The ones I felt really sorry for were the Europeans who'd come over....

jujeebeads
2011-04-29, 8:44pm
my hubby works for a company that launches rockets....unfortunately, delays and postponements are common and all part of the process. It's always best to call a delay, obviously, but it's too bad it affects so many, especially the ones traveling to witness the launch.

I wish all the best to shuttle crew and hoping the next launch time is flawless! And congrats again to all involved...and all supporting!

Cheers~
Judy:)