Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : How many torches will an Oxygen generator run

CorriDawn
2005-07-20, 5:17pm
Can you only run one or 2 minors on an oxygen generator?

Mr. Smiley
2005-07-20, 5:42pm
Which one? Concentrator or generator? My beast generator will run about 50 minors- LOL

CorriDawn
2005-07-20, 5:46pm
generator

what one do you have?

Mr. Smiley
2005-07-20, 5:50pm
It's a beast. I got it on Ebay and it's a ZORBOX or something spelled like that. Not sure what model, but I need a huge compressor to run it... and sadly, I don't have one yet or the money to buy one ($3k). It stands about 7 feet tall and weighs about 1000 pounds. Can you say OVERKILL?!?

Mr. Smiley
2005-07-20, 5:53pm
I'm not an expert on Generators, but you will need an output of about 12-15 LPM at 8 PSI to run two minors... I believe. It's all about flow and pressure.

CorriDawn
2005-07-20, 5:59pm
what would be needed for 6 torches?

Heidi von Frozenfyre
2005-07-20, 6:16pm
Cori I have the Oxybox45 generator from BTES ($8-9K). I have run my Mirage and a lynx at the same time (those are the only torches I have so that's all I've done)

I could probably do 4 Minors, possibly 5.

It will depend on the holding tank of the generator also, and how much pressure etc... flow, input and output.

8 psi? why in the world would you need that much output? 5psi o2 and 1 -2 psi of l.p. is the norm for soft glass.

Heidi

Mr. Smiley
2005-07-20, 6:28pm
8 psi? why in the world would you need that much output? 5psi o2 and 1 -2 psi of l.p. is the norm for soft glass.

Heidi

Doh! #-o Sorry, color me a boro guy... and I was doing the mins for boro too- LOL

Craftylady
2005-07-21, 6:01am
Corri what do you have going on in that head of yours? I see a project in the making.

BillBrach
2005-07-21, 6:11am
Corri,

Figure about 4-5 LPM per Minor. You could do this with regular oxygen concentrators, you'd just need 6 or more for 6 torches. Just dedicate one for each torch.

If you are planning a teaching studio, then I'd highly recommend liquid oxygen. One problem with them is that they will vent ox to the atmoshpere if you don't use the tank enough. Here in Florida, with the heat, they will vent about once a day. If you use oxygen from it every day, then it would be very economical. The other problem is if you are in a residential area, you probably won't be able to find an liquid ox supplier that will service you.

A combination of regular tanks and ox cons might be a good way to start. Use the ox cons when running just a couple of torches, and use the tanks to run 6 torches, until you can justify the liquid oxygen tank. BTW, you rent/lease the liquid ox tanks.

coyotesfamily
2005-07-21, 8:49am
Corri, whatcha have in mind? you filling up that garage of yours?? hehehe...

CorriDawn
2005-07-21, 10:31am
I have nothing in my mind. haven't you guys figured that out by now??