Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Silver core silver tube or something...

BethMyers
2011-05-31, 7:34pm
Please tell me where you like to shop for silver tube for coring beads? I am confused as is my normal and a bit overwhelmed. I have my press, now I need the silver. Also any suggestion on quarter inch, 1/4, mandrels? Thanks guys, I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting this damn dog and pony show on the road.
Again, thank you.
Beth:waving:

BethMyers
2011-05-31, 7:36pm
AND while I'm begging help, how about your pick for good dichroic glass? It's been so long since I've bought any, I am out of date with what's good and where to find it. Again, my thanks.

loribeads
2011-05-31, 10:51pm
Here's the link for the tubing: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For dichroic, Kim recommends Arrow Springs. I don't do a lot of dichro but she does.

jjgoodhope
2011-06-01, 5:15am
Hi Beth, I have purchased from both Ginko and Indian Jewelers Supply To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and have been happy with both. I use a 3/16 mandrel. Did you buy Dave's press?

BellaBean
2011-06-01, 5:22am
I buy my mandrels from speedymetals. I have them cut to 9", but you can buy any length you want. This company is super fast too! Here is the link to what I buy...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I get my 1/4" tubing from Rio Grande.

Sorry I can't help with the dichro!

BethMyers
2011-06-01, 5:25am
I am thrilled, thank you all so much for the great info. I can tell you how frustrated I've been with this. I am going right now to check these links and buy the stuff. Will let you know how I do. Thank you guys for the private messages too. Cross your fingers for me, LOL! Thank you!!! Beth

SuzyQ
2011-06-01, 8:35am
Learning to core is overwhelming at first. But you'll be just fine. We're here for you!

BethMyers
2011-06-01, 5:43pm
Thank you Suzy! Goodies ordered and I'm putting my feet up to celebrate. I can NOT believe I just paid someone $50 bucks for 10 3/16 mandrels. Crazy. Nice to find them at such a good price, silver too. Thanks guys, what a relief to find the path. Beth