Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Why a New Black? See for Yourself!

Donna Milliron
2011-06-08, 10:10am
Why a new black? Why ? We did a test showing stringers melted in on white - on the top are Effetre, CIM and Vetrofond blacks and on the bottom is

BellaDonna Black Diamond.

Black Diamond doesn't spread, bleed and most importantly IT STAYS BLACK! See for yourself!

And don't forget that during the month of June if you order 1/2 pound or more it will come in a free pouch to store all your beautiful BellaDonna Glass in!

Available now from Arrow Springs, follow this link! To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cgbeads
2011-06-08, 11:14am
Dang, that's cool.
Got mine.

-D

Angie09
2011-06-08, 11:24am
Hey Donna,

I lightened the pic for you so it's a little easier to see the wonderful differences.

Donna Milliron
2011-06-08, 12:40pm
I am way better at glass chemistry than photoshop - lol! Thanks for fixing this for me, it looks way better now!

Donna

barbaracollins
2011-06-08, 5:22pm
Mine is on it's way!

chrisdd
2011-06-09, 8:06am
Donna, how does it compare to CIM Hades?

wdgross
2011-06-09, 10:17am
Donna - will there be any for sale at the Bead & Button?

Donna Milliron
2011-06-09, 3:23pm
Thanks for asking! We sent BellaDonna Black Diamond to the show and it will be in Arrow Springs Booth. The photos I put up here were taken off of the displays they have there, so you can see them better in person. They also have the pouches for the glass if 1/2 pound or more is purchased.

Opening preview night should be starting in the the next hour???? Wish I were there! Have fun!

Donna

Donna Milliron
2011-06-09, 3:25pm
Hi Chris,

no I have not had a chance to compare Hades to Black Diamond - it's a color we don't carry. I will make a point of getting some to see the difference and I will post photos when I do. Thanks for asking!

Donna

chrisdd
2011-06-09, 4:25pm
Thanks, Donna! I'm interested in seeing how they compare.

Deb
2011-06-09, 8:44pm
Me too!

Mitosis Glass
2011-06-09, 8:59pm
This is awesome!

Mountain Snail
2011-06-09, 10:30pm
I had the pleasure of seeing this glass in action at Barbara's last night. It is amazing stuff!

theglasszone
2011-06-09, 10:44pm
Oh, you know I'm thinking of all the WONDERFUL possibilities in using this glass when making my murrini! :) Nothing makes me sadder than to see a lovely BLACK murrini turn PURPLE once applied! I've been using Hades, which is really wonderfully dense and stable, but this looks very intriguing! Looking forward to seeing how your "comparatives" work out...

:)

Heaven1
2011-06-12, 6:47pm
That is a really amazing difference! Looks Wonderful!

Donna Milliron
2011-06-17, 9:11pm
Okay, so I finally got a pound of Hades to try next to Black Diamond. I make sure that the stringers I start out with on the bead are as close in size as I can get them. I tried the Hades and Black Diamond on clear and white Effetre and really didn't "cook" them that long or that hot, so I was actually surprised by how much the Hades bled. Here's the photo of the two beads, Hades is on the left, Black Diamond is on the right:

If you are looking for a black that webs well, Hades or Effetre Intense Black work, but if you are looking for a black that stays where you put it without bleeding or webbing for your finest stringer work, I think Black Diamond is it!

Donna

Mountain Snail
2011-06-17, 9:38pm
That is a huge difference. I am going to have to buy some next time I am at your store. :)

chrisdd
2011-06-18, 7:09am
Wonderful! This is definitely going on my "must get" list. Thanks!

Deb
2011-06-18, 5:50pm
Thanks for checking. There is quite a difference!

Donna Milliron
2011-06-20, 11:52am
I was kinda scared to try the Hades against Black Diamond! I had only used it once before so I thought what if this inexpensive black would do the same or better than Black Diamond?

Black Diamond is pricey, I know, but it's because it has so many expensive chemicals in it - but I figured since it is designed for fine stringer work not much would be used each time we used it - and there were enough artists who needed this precision - that it would be worth the months of research and development to produce it. So then when I was asked how it compared to Hades I thought, oh great, I missed one and well.....yikes!

I was pretty happy when I saw the Hades spread so quick, I really thought it would at least take a little heat. Whew!

I know the Black Diamond costs more - but the chemicals in it cost a bundle and it will be a long time before we recoup our research and development money on it - for stringer work 1/2 lb. can last FOREVER. But it's not about the $$, this one was totally about the puzzle - could it be done? And I am happy to say, yes, it can be done!

I would love to see the work you are able to do with it!

Enjoy! Donna

P.S. 1/2 lb of Black Diamond comes with a free pouch for the rest of the month :-)

Sirius214
2011-06-20, 1:15pm
Donna,
I will say that I was a little hesitant to spend that amount on just black but boy- after getting a chance to try it in one of my Bead and Button Show classes, I was sold on it. Very crisp and clean lines! I don't have to be super careful about over cooking and getting a mess from it. I also used it in my first batch of murrini this weekend and it performed wonderfully.

I'm now a big fan of it - now off to give Moody Blue a try...

Michelle

loribeads
2011-06-20, 2:10pm
Donna, can you do one more test? Can you test it against Reichenbach Deep Black? To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna Milliron
2011-06-21, 10:42am
Hi Lori,

how many blacks are out there - lol - this is another one I don't have handy so I'll have to see about getting some.

Thanks, Donna

P.S. any others out there anyone? who knew?

fawnheights
2011-06-21, 4:17pm
Hi Donna...

My stringer control isn't great - but to give everyone another bead with black diamond - this is on an effetre pink, and the stringer is pulled hair-fine.

I love that it stays black. I also found it a little easier to get on spot - even if my lines aren't perfect.

BTW - the bead itself is small, about the size of a thumbnail.

loribeads
2011-07-05, 10:14am
Hi Lori,

how many blacks are out there - lol - this is another one I don't have handy so I'll have to see about getting some.

Thanks, Donna

P.S. any others out there anyone? who knew?

LOL! Well, there's Lauscha and Czech and Divardi...and... :lol:

Renee Weaver
2011-07-07, 4:20am
This is the best black I've ever worked with. Love it!

dellabeads
2011-07-07, 6:33pm
Will there be a comparison with Reichenbach Deep Black?

Lyssa
2012-10-30, 4:21pm
bump

Lisi
2012-10-30, 4:45pm
Is it a dark green, dark violet, or dark blue base?? I need to know because I used Vetrofond to make a certain shade of blue-grey.

Lyssa
2012-10-30, 4:55pm
I'm curious about the comparison with Reichenbach Deep Black. Shoulda said that when I bumped.

theglasszone
2012-10-30, 10:23pm
...I tried the Hades and Black Diamond on clear and white Effetre and really didn't "cook" them that long or that hot, so I was actually surprised by how much the Hades bled. Here's the photo of the two beads, Hades is on the left, Black Diamond is on the right:

...Donna

Hum, impressive! ;)

Ravenesque
2012-10-30, 11:14pm
I want her Hades, mine I have to cook a lot if I want it to bleed! :-s

I will have to try some black diamond though, why not right?

gemsinbloom
2012-10-31, 4:50am
I want her Hades, mine I have to cook a lot if I want it to bleed! :-s

I will have to try some black diamond though, why not right?

May I suggest just pulling your hades thinner. You may have more luck then. I too would like to hear a comparison with Reich's black.

Darlene Balkcum
2013-10-22, 9:30am
Has anyone compared the reichenbach deep black with the diamond black?

gemsinbloom
2013-10-22, 1:11pm
Bumpity bump. I am still interested in hearing how it compared to Deep black.

loribeads
2013-10-26, 1:19pm
I found them to be the same when I did the white bead with black strings test as shown above.

Darlene Balkcum
2013-10-28, 6:17am
Thanks for the info Lori. Good to know.I found them to be the same when I did the white bead with black strings test as shown above.