Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : I need some help:)

suzanne
2005-07-21, 4:57am
Hi,

I am ready to go and pick up my concentrator tomorow. I have a Minor Bench burner and am thrilled to get the bottle of tanked oxygen out of the way ( that thing just scares me:(). Now here is the problem. I am probably the only one in this country to use a concentrator for this purpose and all written information about connecting the concentrator to the torch is in english. Now, my english ain't bad at all , I also learned to make beads with information in english only, but there are some things I can't figure out.

How do I connect the oxy hose to the concentrator. I am assuming I have to take off the regulator or do I leave that on? Does anyone have pictures of it so I know what I am talking about if I need to go to the welding shop to get connectors and stuff.

Thanks. Suzanne

Lynn Larson
2005-07-21, 5:13am
I can't help you, but I'm bumping it so someone who can will see :D

suzanne
2005-07-21, 5:25am
Thank you , sorry for putting it in the wrong place:)

MikeAurelius
2005-07-21, 5:40am
The concentrator "should" have a tapered barbed fitting on the output. Cut off the threaded "B" fitting on the green oxygen hose that used to mount on your oxygen regulator, and slide it up onto the barbed fitting on the concentrator.

Very easy!!

If there isn't a fitting on yours, they should be available from the concentrator supplier.

suzanne
2005-07-21, 6:05am
Oh it;s that easy! No clamps or things nessecairy?

Thanks! SUzanne

MikeAurelius
2005-07-21, 7:46am
shouldn't be, but if you do have problems, a simple hose clamp will resolve the issue. Mostly, for medical purposes, the hoses are just pushed on the barbed end so they can be removed quickly. If the hose is pushed on all the way, it should be fine.

suzanne
2005-07-21, 7:48am
And do I just take out the whole regulator and flashback arrestor? ( that stupid thing cost me over 150 dollar... used it for one whole month)
Suzanne

Mr. Smiley
2005-07-21, 7:58am
Yep, no need for a regulator with the new system. :)

MikeAurelius
2005-07-21, 8:44am
Sell it on ebay - list it at near the price you paid for it - it's "like new" "low hours"...and be patient! It will sell. Same with the flashback arrestors.

Lynn Larson
2005-07-21, 1:59pm
Oops..didn't move it to a different thread...just the top :)

suzanne
2005-07-22, 4:45am
Thanks all for the advice. I just picked the thing up and hooked it on my torch and it works like a charm!!! I love it! I got it for free from a medical supply company. The standards for dutch concentrators are quite high, they have to provide 95 % oxygen, everything below that number is send to concentrator heaven, and mine does 94 % (5 lpm)
They even gave me extra connectors in case I broke something, they put in new filters and I could take it with me! I was so happy with the guy I could kiss him:D:D
Now I don't have to drag a big bottle of oxy in my house anymore!

MikeAurelius
2005-07-22, 5:55am
Just a suggestion - don't run it a full wide open maximum. According Paulette, concentrators actually run best when set at about 3.5 LPM, you get the same PSI, and the oxygen concentration is slightly higher.

Running the unit at max will ultimately shorten the span of time between servicing.

suzanne
2005-07-22, 7:24am
thanks for the tip! I had it full throttle but will turn it down then

SUzanne