Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Chili Pepper Kiln repairs? Or new one on sale?

ksglass
2011-06-21, 3:41pm
I have a chili pepper that is not kicking off the firing schedule… or rather it will in about one in a dozen tries.

I have tried contacting the manufacturer for the last 3 weeks with no response.

Does anyone know if it can be fixed?

Is it worth fixing?

Or if not… is any vendor running any specials on a new one?

Eileen
2011-06-21, 3:54pm
They close like 4pm Eastern time. They're very nice though. Try calling earlier, or email. The email is on the website, he got back to me the next day or maybe one more when I emailed him.

Oh, I am pretty sure it's a family business, so I guess they could be closed for vacation, don't know if they do that or not.

VivianLampwork
2011-06-21, 4:08pm
It's probably an easy fix. I sure wouldn't go buy a new one.

echeveria
2011-06-21, 4:50pm
There aren't many moving parts. Jen Ken walked me through replacing my control board over the phone. They were very helpful.

Toni Lutman
2011-06-21, 10:18pm
The times I've had a problem with my chili pepper, it has always been the relay, which is fairly easy to change out. I think they run about $15 if you get one from Jen Ken, but I got my last ones in a bulk buy here on LE for much less. If you get a relay, I'd suggest you get an extra one, so you'll have it for the next time it goes out. I think I remember being told that they're good for about 10,000 "clicks".

ksglass
2011-06-22, 11:58am
Thank you everyone for all the info and emails. I have an under $20 part that should fix my chili pepper good as new! Woohoo!