Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Celebration of Courage in Atlanta

RSimmons
2011-06-29, 10:26am
The Dream Bead cards from Atlanta are going to be rounded up in the next week and will be posted to the Artist On Call page on the BoC web site. The Celebration of Courage for our two hospitals here will be in mid-October, so there's our timeline. I hope that lots of folks from around the country (or world) will jump in and help us make these extra special beads. I'm planning to make a bunch again this year myself - it's challenging, fun and very worthwhile.
Thanks
Robert

carolinesbeads
2011-06-29, 11:49am
What is a dream bead? Or maybe I should just check the website lol

RSimmons
2011-06-29, 11:58am
The kids get to describe what their 'Dream Bead' would look like. We get to interpret the description and figure out how to translate it to glass. That's where it gets challenging but it's great when it works.

Robert

carolinesbeads
2011-06-29, 3:49pm
how cool!

Eileen
2011-06-29, 4:04pm
I was going to put my name out there, but I'm new, so I guess I will wait a while till my skills improve. I'd love to help when I can do a better job though.

RSimmons
2011-06-29, 4:31pm
I was going to put my name out there, but I'm new, so I guess I will wait a while till my skills improve. I'd love to help when I can do a better job though.

I'll admit that it can sometimes be a stretch even for veteran bead makers, but looking in on what the kids are asking for might not be a bad thing. It'll sure get you thinking about how to translate concepts into glass. You might not be ready for making these beads yet but it could help you get ready for the next one. You'll think about all sorts of things in new ways. This project will push everyone in many ways but my experience last year with the pilot project was absolutely amazing.

Robert

Eileen
2011-06-29, 5:11pm
You've made some good points, and maybe I'll see if Lori will put me on there as a "trainee" so I can begin trying some, even if I don't do a good enough job to claim the "orders" yet.

LoriGreenberg
2011-07-08, 1:44pm
Go here, click "apply" and fill out information to get you into the database/email list. The most emails you will receive is once a week letting you know that new beads have been listed. but you can check in any time.

Once you apply, I'll accept it (may take up to 24 hours if I'm not at the computer) and send you directions how it works. It's as easy as shopping on the internet!

Eileen
2011-07-08, 3:21pm
I can't find the form. Where is it on the website?
(not a promising start, LOL)

RSimmons
2011-07-08, 5:34pm
Here's the link:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Robert

Eileen
2011-07-08, 8:14pm
Hmmm, I tried emailing to the address on the page, and my email tells me that there is no email on file like that.
I tried filling out the form (although it says "wholesale"), and since I don't have a company name it won't let me do that either.

PattyK
2011-07-09, 1:48am
Eileen .. I had the same problem. Lori said to fill in the form but just put your name as the company name. That worked for me. :)

Eileen
2011-07-14, 7:36pm
Thanks Patty