Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Czech Glass - Tourmaline Pink?

SageCreekStudio
2011-07-09, 2:33pm
Does anyone know where I can get some Tourmaline Pink glass rod? I'm almost out. The one supplier I found by googling is out of stock. I have no idea where I got the little bit I had, but I LOVE this glass!!!!!!

Thanks,
Brandy

zen-mom
2011-07-09, 4:18pm
I think I have some (I like czech glass) I don't carry but it would be pulled from my own stash. If you can wait till tomorrow I can check for you.

SageCreekStudio
2011-07-09, 4:35pm
I think I have some (I like czech glass) I don't carry but it would be pulled from my own stash. If you can wait till tomorrow I can check for you.

:) Yes, I can wait until tomorrow! Thank you for checking! I'll look for your reply tomorrow sometime!

My fingers are crossed!

zen-mom
2011-07-09, 4:36pm
If you don't hear from me that means I spaced out and forgot... send me a pm and give me a poke.

Polgarra
2011-07-09, 6:25pm
Czech glass? I want Czech glass.

zen-mom
2011-07-09, 6:28pm
Goober. :lol:

zen-mom
2011-07-10, 2:03pm
Diva! I have one 16" rod and one 11" rod, they are the larger diameter (I think 10mm?)
Lemme know if you'd like it.

SageCreekStudio
2011-07-10, 2:44pm
Diva! I have one 16" rod and one 11" rod, they are the larger diameter (I think 10mm?)
Lemme know if you'd like it.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I want them! Can you pm me with the details? Or just leave it here? I'll paypal you right away! :grin:

zen-mom
2011-07-10, 2:47pm
PMing you.. :)

FosterFire
2011-07-13, 6:41pm
Did anyone find a new supplier for this glass?

zen-mom
2011-07-13, 7:48pm
No supplier... Jan of Check Glass is completely out of stock :(

Elizabeth Beads
2011-07-14, 6:24am
Someone needs to become a U.S. Ornela Dealer. The glass is still being made in the Czech Republic. I aksed Mike Frantz but he said his hands were full. So how about it? Ross? Ron?

FosterFire
2011-07-14, 12:46pm
*sniffle* anybody want to trade me some t-pink for FosterFire bead release?

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 12:51pm
If I had more Robin I totally would!

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 12:58pm
Does anyone know if this is Czech glass?

WIESENTHALHÜTTE by Ornela

VivianLampwork
2011-07-14, 1:16pm
Maybe if we got enough people together, we could put in an order with them. I need more of the shampoo glass. My supply is getting low.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your contact person: (Glass)
Laurýn, Radek
Phone 1: +420 483 343 407
Phone 2:
Fax: +420 483 343 291
E-mail: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 1:22pm
I think I sent them an email a few years ago.

I just tried again. Is there a market of buyers for this glass?
Or am I the only one who loves it? Besides the Tourmaline that people want...

VivianLampwork
2011-07-14, 1:27pm
Donna, I don't know if a lot of people are familiar with it because nobody sells it in the US now. I wonder why Checkglass.com stopped selling it. I think they live in New Orleans & it all seemed to stop after Katrina. I for one would love to see another US supplier.

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 1:30pm
I met Jan at The Gathering in Oakland a few years ago... I've heard that he has lost his contact with the Ornela people. I don't know for sure. I love love love Czech glass.

I just sent Jan an email as well, asking if he really was completely out of stock and if and when he might ever get any back in stock. I don't want to step on any one's toes.

VivianLampwork
2011-07-14, 1:33pm
Great Donna, I hope you're able to establish a contact. I love it too & there are probably a lot of newer lampworkers that have never had a chance to use it. My favorite is the shampoo glass. These are the yellow shampoo glass & I only have a few rods left.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 1:36pm
OMG Vivian! That's a beautiful color! The beads are great too!

SuzyQ
2011-07-14, 1:42pm
I think it might be hard to carry unless you are big shop. They have a lot of colors, there are definite incompatibility issues within themselves and the glass appeals to a limited amount of lampworkers. I think you would have to have a good chunk of money invested in inventory on hand.

But if you do it, I would be very happy, lol.

Elizabeth Beads
2011-07-14, 2:08pm
Charmaine got a price list from Ornela about a year ago and I have a copy. It is in Excel, I don't know if there is a way I can upload it, but the glass prices were reasonable, if you can meet the minimum order and leverage the shipping.

I think there would be a market for the colors that aren't in the currently available 104 and 96 palettes, like the shampoo colors, tourmaline, blue and rose opalescent, peach, grape, denim blue, avocado (which is more like Lime), mint (like Seafoam), etc.

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 2:17pm
That's what I was thinking Elizabeth... if possible to bring the unusual colors in... don't they have smokey topaz color as well? Or is that Lauscha? I had a full sampler of the Czech colors but I'm slowly working my way through them...

Elizabeth Beads
2011-07-14, 3:05pm
Yes they have Smokey Topaz ....

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 3:26pm
Damm, I was hoping that was a Lauscha color :(

chrissij
2011-07-14, 3:47pm
They also have the denim blue. I have old Tourmaline (think I bought it from Patty), and newer (Katrina era) Tourmaline. :razz:

Haven't melted the first bit of it. :roll:

SuzyQ
2011-07-14, 4:04pm
The jonquil is a lovely striking yellow that is not electric. Both the shades of smoke topaz are wonderful. I love the denim, grape, amethyst (which is more plum in shade than either trans effetre purple), alexandrite and of course the tourmaline pink. The shampoo colors are simply TDF. They don't even like each other, but I love them anyway :) The red opaque is one that won't get black on you. As I recall it even looks great when using a hot head. The mint.... *sigh* They make a lot of fabulous colors.

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 4:14pm
Sigh... I really just use the Czech and Lauscha colors alone and make spacers from them them... because I don't want to waste it with incompatibility issues. They are lovely to use as accents with my regular line up of beads.

mtnglass
2011-07-14, 4:35pm
I'm still wading through the 400 plus pounds that I got from Abe Fleishman years ago. I love some of it but it can have compatibility problems. I have about 20 pounds of the strikers that I haven't touched since they are coe110 or so. No tourmaline though.

Shrimp
2011-07-14, 5:15pm
I have Czech glass, and no, I'm not giving up my Tourmaline pink! I find this to be one of the more challenging glasses. I've never used it with other glasses, nor mixed it within the Czech line. The transparents are incredible colors that I prefer not to use them with anything else. Would I order more of this glass if we could find a distributor? Yes. However, it would not be my major glass to work with, unless the prices were to come down.

zen-mom
2011-07-14, 5:22pm
The prices wouldn't come down... there are shipping, import fees and minimum order requirements. I don't think $22 pound is that bad though... There are glass colors out there that are $100 a pound. Opal Yellow is at $60 a pound now I think.

SuzyQ
2011-07-14, 5:29pm
$22 a pound is pretty good if you ask me. The colors are gorgeous, the glass is practically bubble free and and a pleasure to melt.

Julie! Yet another reason you make me jealous :D

shawnette
2011-07-14, 5:30pm
They have a yum nummy chocolate brown, too!

SuzyQ
2011-07-14, 5:31pm
Oh that reminds me. Love the striking garnet too!

Shrimp
2011-07-14, 6:06pm
The prices wouldn't come down... there are shipping, import fees and minimum order requirements. I don't think $22 pound is that bad though...

No, not at all Donna. Count me in should you decide to carry it.

mtnglass
2011-07-14, 6:36pm
Oh that reminds me. Love the striking garnet too!

Got buckets of that!

loribeads
2011-07-14, 7:02pm
Kiwi/avocado green = :love:

Polgarra
2011-07-14, 7:24pm
I heard about a nice mint?

SuzyQ
2011-07-16, 4:05am
Got buckets of that!Do you have the jonquil too?

afina
2011-07-16, 5:01am
There is a good supplier in Germany:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. BOHEMIA=29/product_overview.shopscript

chrissy
2011-07-16, 8:42am
I love Ornela glass! We carry all the colors. I have been working like crazy to get a sample beads of all the colors.

I know many people say that Ornela has incompatibility issues within their own range. But I know of several people who work a lot with Ornela and do not have any issues mixing the Ornela colors. They even use it combined with some silverglass decorations without any issues.

PaulaD
2011-07-30, 9:44am
I looked into importing this a year ago through contacts in Europe and what I came up with is that the factory was having some financial problems. I decided not to pursue it because I didn't want to send them money and not get the glass. There is really no protection when you send money overseas if you don't get the glass. I also tried to import Reichenbech. First they said ok and they would be very happy to take on another dealer but when they found out I was in the U.S. They said no.
Of course now that I am trying to move South and know how much it costs to move glass I am happy I don't have any more than I already do!!!!!

elyart
2011-08-02, 6:44am
Is that pink tourmaline the one that looks like the old "amber rose" that's all but gone now? kind of brownish pink? Beautiful!! I love the denim too! I got mine years ago from the "distributor-who-will-not-be-named".
I love the ornela colors......sigh....
elyart

SuzyQ
2011-08-02, 8:54am
No it's a bright rubyish fuchsia pink transparent without brown tones.

sansan239s
2011-08-02, 2:01pm
I purchased some in the Garage a little while back. I'll check and see what colors I have. I haven't tried it yet, but than again... I haven't tried my Satake either. If the colors are purdy and unique, I would be willing to purchase some for spacers!

purpledragonfly
2011-08-05, 5:15pm
I know Jan of Check glass personally and he still sales this glass. I just bought some of the czech glass from him a week or so ago. I am happy to go down to his shop and see if he has the pink you are looking for, but it will have to be next week when I get back to New Orleans from Texas.

Charmaine
2011-08-07, 7:13am
I got some not that long ago from HotBeadBox in Australia ($$$$ to ship!!) but now wish I had gotten more because they don't seem to have any in stock now.
The glass they sent was a deep hot pink in the rod form-made it easier to work with that the usual "I look just like Alexandrite except on the ends" rods I had been using.

I will keep searching, because, seriously, this is some amazing glass: