Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Lauscha Pale Fuschia

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-06, 2:23pm
ETA: It turns out this is not one of Angie's rods, it's one from Kelly, please read my last post....please, help a womyn to not think she's toatally nuts.....pleeze, lol.

Hi.

I bought some Lauscha pale fuschia in the garage sale. She wasn't sure if it came from lauscha lady or flamekissed or flamedame.

It's turning a brownish amber colour on me. I have some other batches of it that look just like lauscha pale amethyst, I can't tell those 2 apart. I thought maybe they were all pale amethyst and they were mismarked.

I'm not doing anything differently. Still on HH and at first I had used propane so I got some mapp pro and still turning brownish. The glass has the tags from the vendor marked pale fuschia.

any ideas?

thanks

namaste
Rowyn

PaulaD
2011-08-06, 3:43pm
Do you have a photo?

Elizabeth Beads
2011-08-06, 4:00pm
Transparent or pastel?

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-06, 4:44pm
transparent--the labels says Lauscha-227- Light Fushia that's how it's spelled. Actually, I don't think it's vendor labels, I don't recognize the labels as belonging to any of you and they, obviously, don't have a vendor name or website on them.

As for colour, they look just like the other ones I have which look exactly like the transparent pale amethyst.

Even over white it turns brownish (the other day).

I tried working high up in the flame(today) and it kind of went clear over white but now it's in the kiln.

Angie09
2011-08-06, 5:27pm
Hi,

I sold Rowyn the rods so I have a photo which I have attached. When I used the couple other rods out of the original 1/4lb I bought, they were just a very, very light pink. I think I bought them from the Lauscha Lady .... but I can't swear to it.

Hope you find out why you're having problems. :waving:

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-06, 5:45pm
Thanks Angie...am I working them wrong?

I am totally baffled, and I hope you didn't think I was inferring anything wrong with the glass. I read that they have alot of gold in them so I thought maybe this batch has more gold, or like I thought, the other rods I have are all pale amethyst and not fuschia....

thanks for helping out!

namaste
Rowyn

PaulaD
2011-08-06, 7:59pm
Try adding more oxygen to your fuel and see if that helps.

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-07, 8:40am
Thank Paula. That's what I was thinking but I'm on a HH.
Would different batches need different fuel mixtures?

This goes back to glass I got on ebay that was supposed to be pale fuschia but all looks like pale amethyst. The vendor went out of her way to send me different batches, they all look and melt like the pale amethyst.

When I saw Angie's listing in the gs I jumped on it 'cause pale fuschia is the colour I wanted from the auctions I won and I wanted to figure this out so I asked Angie where she got it and she said one of you.(we've kind of been over this next paragraph in another thread)

I know the glass I got on ebay is from Jodel's old stock. All other glass I got from Kelly has been great and after some miscommunication she more than made things right and actually sent me glass of my choice to replace the pale fuschia which is a mystery to her. She doesn't lampwork, yet. Obviously the glass she has is mismarked and she wants to figure this out.

Now, that it's melting and turning brown, and the longer I work it the darker brown it's getting I'm like, maybe I'm just not meant to have this glass at this time....waaawaaawaaa!

I also wanted to send Kelly a piece of it so she can see what it looks like. In the right light it does have a tinge of fuschia that the other batches don't have.

Please don't gang up on Kelly here. I know there is some relation to Monique, I don't know what it is and it's none of my business. I had sent email to Kelly that went to an unused account. I did not use her ebay acct because last I had used ebay you could email outside the ebay system. Now you cannot so my emails to her ebay bounced back because they didn't correspond to a specific auction and the other emails went to an account she doesn't use.

I am not defending Monique and any of the things she did that were wrong.

I am saying that Kelly was willing to do whatever I wanted to make things right--my choice. So after that rant about Kelly, I am asking to please keep this thread to the pale fuschia issue that I am having with the true pale fuschia. I just wanted to explain the backstory.

Whew....ok, we're actually going out for dim sum, snide remarks about me being on le rather than dressed and ready to go are in the hallways.

thanks you guys, I appreciate your help.

namaste
Rowyn

Angie09
2011-08-07, 9:44am
Thanks Angie...am I working them wrong?

I am totally baffled, and I hope you didn't think I was inferring anything wrong with the glass. I read that they have alot of gold in them so I thought maybe this batch has more gold, or like I thought, the other rods I have are all pale amethyst and not fuschia....

thanks for helping out!

namaste
Rowyn

No Problem .... it sounds like a fuel problem to me too. Also, Lauscha has it's own annealing schedule but I'm not aware that annealing at the "standard" levels would cause a brown look to form. If all else fails, throw the brown beads in Coke or toilet bowl cleaner ... that's always my last ditch effort!

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-07, 1:54pm
It's brown before the kiln. I'm guessing it's the gold. I'm gonna try working it as cool as I can, and if that doesn't work I'll put it aside til I get my mini cc going.

At least I, finally, have an anwer to that the other glass is not pale fuschia which is what I had been saying.

Forward

namaste
Rowyn

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-10, 9:20am
Ok everyone, I am TOTALLY losing my mind, I think. they say it's menopause, but I'm wondering???

Angie, your pale fuschia is fine. Now it turns pink. Beautiful beautiful glass.

now there's this unmarked rod I have. It would appear to be pale amethyst transparent. it's turning brown. this is the culprit, why I thought this was from Angie, who knows,it's a different size rod, like I said, I'm losing my mind I think. Anyway, this rod tip stays the same colour as the rod after I make a bead, so why is the glass on the mandrel brown? before going into the kiln? I have used these rods before they stayed pale amethyst. they could even be the one's Kelly had marked pale fuschia, but I already have stated that those are all pale amethyst.

I'm used to things disappearing and reappearing in my house all the time but if my glass starts changing colour I may just hit my limit!

I am so meticulous in keeping stuff labeled and sorted. This one rod has no label but the colour is obvious and it matches the other rods from that auction.

I feel like a fool but I also want to know what the heck?

thanks
namaste
Rowyn

theglassattic
2011-08-21, 1:30pm
Just had to see what this was about! Lauscha pale Fuchsia is one of my all time fave's!!!

2tumblingdragonz
2011-08-25, 7:12pm
I've got the most awesome lavender rods that turn a gorgeous amber, that used to come out lavender. I dunno, I'm just shaking my head. I have like 4 pounds of these I need to go thru and see if they come out pink, lav, or amber.

this is as bad as when things disappear and the reappear here all the time.

I need an assistant, lol!

Yes the pale fuschia is one of my faves, too.

namaste
Rowyn