Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : K-232

ThatFritGirl
2011-08-27, 4:18pm
I currently carry R-232 frit which reacts nicely both on it's own and with silver leaf, depending on your redux settings. I'm switching many of my more "mundane" - nonreactive - frits over to Kugler glass frits because of the higher quality of glass and better color saturation. Even though I can't get any reaction from the K-232 frit I'm wondering if there's any interest in my carrying it in my store as the color is absolutely gorgeous on it's own, even though it would be a mundane frit. I do, however, plan on keeping the R-232 available as it is a reactive frit, so no worries about it pulling a disappearing act. Any thoughts, strong or otherwise? Both pictures below are K-232...

Cinnamon
2011-08-27, 4:41pm
The color of your above beads is beautiful. Yes, keep K-232 on your list of non-reactive frits.

In the next couple of months I'll be able to invest a little on frit. I'll remember K-232. I hope you have it on sale. That sure would help me and many other lampworkers!

Stay well. Ne

New2glassgal
2011-08-27, 5:28pm
Yes, I definately want this frit. Such a gorgeous color!

ThatFritGirl
2011-08-28, 5:48am
I'll add it to my Kugler frit line then. Thanks guys. I still plan to keep the R-232 as well because it's such a gorgeous reactive color. The Kugler glass is just so clean and saturated though - very easy to work with.

Cinnamon
2011-08-28, 6:43am
Thank you for the positive description of Kugler glass. I now know to consider these highly when ordering frit.
Enjoy life!
Ne

ThatFritGirl
2011-08-29, 6:56am
Thanks Ne - I'm switching many of my "mundane" frits over to the Kugler equivalent because of the quality of the glass.