Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : What is the technique for peeling clear rods?

lbjvg
2005-07-23, 12:32pm
I tried peeling the outer layer from a 12 mm clear glass rod and it turned into a mess - the rod bent in the direction I was pulling; the glass 'froze' and stuck to the rod after being smeared. It was nothing like what I remember seeing where the glass is peeled like a banana. Any helpful pointers on this technique? Sure would appreciate it. Thanks - Jim

paintingwithglass
2005-07-23, 10:13pm
I tried peeling the outer layer from a 12 mm clear glass rod and it turned into a mess - the rod bent in the direction I was pulling; the glass 'froze' and stuck to the rod after being smeared. It was nothing like what I remember seeing where the glass is peeled like a banana. Any helpful pointers on this technique? Sure would appreciate it. Thanks - Jim

Hi Jim! Hate to say it but practice, practice, practice. :confused: All of those things happen until you find the right spot and the right amount of heat....sounds like you are going in the right direction. Just glance the outside of the rod in the flame. :wave: