Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Lynx Question

demcc2
2011-09-22, 7:00am
Hi guys! I also placed this question in the "torch" section but I'm hoping that some over exposure can only help.

"...Hi guys! I currently have a cricket and like it very much but I'm considering upgrading to a Lynx. If I do that, do I need to get additional concentrator or still use the EX15 that I have. I've heard that I need something like a regalia to run the Lynx perfectly"

Thanks

Duane

kbinkster
2011-09-22, 9:45am
Hi guys! I also placed this question in the "torch" section but I'm hoping that some over exposure can only help.

"...Hi guys! I currently have a cricket and like it very much but I'm considering upgrading to a Lynx. If I do that, do I need to get additional concentrator or still use the EX15 that I have. I've heard that I need something like a regalia to run the Lynx perfectly"

Thanks

Duane

You could run it as is or add another EX15 (or similar) to it to get a little more out of it.

Since you already have a machine, it might make more sense to just try it on that single machine and then add a second if it isn't enough. If you were starting out without a machine, I would have advised getting a different machine to run the Lynx (like a Regalia or another 10 LPM machine). The Lynx does better on 10 LPM 9 psi than 8 LPM 15 psi.

loribeads
2011-09-22, 10:03am
I have a Lynx and I run it off of an EX15. Works fine. I have a second concentrator (M15) and I recently joined the two and hooked them up to the Lynx. I find that the flame is a bit loud unless I turn both machines down a bit and back off the oxy a bit at the torch. I can't do a raging flame because of the way I have my bench set up right now but if I could, I am sure the two concentrators and a Lynx would have no problem producing a hotter and larger flame than I would ever need (doing mostly soft glass).

Just with the one concentrator, I am able to do big murrini pulls - to give you an idea of the size of glass I am working.

LarryC
2011-09-22, 10:28am
Really does depend on your expectations and if you are intending to work soft or boro. Keep in mind there is no free lunch here. The oxycon will never equal the large pool of oxy at high volume and pressure that you get with a tank. The torch you are using now has been designed to run well on oxycons. This is not the case with the Lynx. I love mine but its a bit of an oxy hog.