Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Flashback Arrestors for NG?

EmbellishYourself
2006-04-29, 7:35pm
I went to my local welding shop and the guy told me I could not use the arrestors they had because they were for acetelyne. I asked if I needed one especially for NG, he said yes. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, do I need a regulator for NG? Thanks for your help! Jenny

chrisdd
2006-04-29, 9:26pm
I use NG and an oxycon, which don't require a flashback arrestor OR a regulator.

EmbellishYourself
2006-04-30, 5:52pm
Thanks Chris, I was hoping that would be the case. 2 different people told me I should have them so I was trying to figure it out. I am upgrading from a hothead. Can't wait till it's all set up! Jenny

PaulaD
2006-05-12, 12:17pm
You should have a "flash check" for NG. The regular FB arresters for propane require a higher pressure to set off. The flash checks don't. There's also an all in one FB arrestor and quick disconnect available. I'm not near my catalogue and forgot the name of the company that sells them but I know that Carlisle can get them.

MaryBeth
2006-05-12, 12:57pm
I use NG and an oxycon, which don't require a flashback arrestor OR a regulator.

Ditto. Of course this is assuming you are using NG at normal household pressure which ranges from 1/4 pound to 2 pounds.

I don't know what the flash checks are that Paula refers to in her previous post but you need to make sure that they will allow the NG to flow at low pressures if you do decide to get them.

PaulaD
2006-05-12, 2:34pm
The flash checks are designed for the low HH pressure of NG and are manufactured by Harris.

EmbellishYourself
2006-05-13, 12:06pm
Thanks for the info! Jenny

Dale M.
2006-05-31, 7:40am
The flash checks are designed for the low HH pressure of NG and are manufactured by Harris.

Could you supply part numbers... I am not seeing any devices on HARRIS site that shows up as you describe them....

I see reverse flow check valves. But they do not function as a flashback arrestor... And yes I do see their selection of traditional "flashback arrestors"...

Dale

PaulaD
2006-05-31, 11:21am
I could if I didn't trash the catalogue!
I know you can get them through Carlisle. And they can probably give you the part ##'s.
The 4 in one product is called a "safety-mate" and is somewhere on the internet. That's how I first found it.
Paula
ps. It might be called a firecheck instead of a flash check. But it's definitely designed for low pressure NG. They also know about them at the Welding Supply house that we use now.