Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Reichenbach Silver Aqua and Silver Crystal?

EchoTantuli
2011-09-24, 8:53am
I bought these frits thinking they would be really cool. The aqua is a bubbly mess and the crystal just seems to look brown reduced. Is there some way to use these, because I'm struggling with them?
Just wondering, Echo :)

Elizabeth Beads
2011-09-24, 6:40pm
Did you buy cane or frit?

EchoTantuli
2011-09-24, 6:56pm
Frit. Is cane better? I know I can pull stringer from the frit but it's kind of a pain. Do you know how to work either of these?
-Echo :)

28676bhe
2013-09-03, 4:14pm
I'm going to bump this thread up because I have some silver crystal cane (R-102-C) and I'm really hating it!

Any goodwill peeps out there that can help me fall in love with this stuff?

jaci
2013-09-03, 9:05pm
I don't know if this is that color or not, I'm leaning towards no, but I do have that color, and basically did this with it with more aqua green ish results... If its the aqua I'm thinking of... I did a whole series of beads that were basically ivory (dk ivory) warped in silver leaf, rolled in some silvered/reduction frit, and dotted with clear. I think the combo of reduction to non reduction, and the light low flame, in and out really helped to make it cool, other than the silvered ivory. I didn't put leaf on all of them though, some like this was just the frit/stringer etc. I loved it! The frit was not worked very much at all though most times. When it was, it was still neat!! But if I worked it a whole it was in and out of the flame multiple times over a period of time to accomplish the rest of it. I think I used it over a trans green. Darker than lighter. It was cool, but I barley worked it. Just enough to melt it in and stamp it. I think some of the frit was still raised even. The clear got a cool almost candy pull translucency to it when worked, I think I ended up pulling stringer with it to maximize the effect.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/04/ydebygeb.jpg