Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : That Frit Girl -- Shipping Delay

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-03, 8:41am
My poor sister Leslie Cifelli has been rear-ended AGAIN. This makes twice in three weeks. She just called me from the ER (she was taken in on a backboard with a collar, but apparently there is less damage than they initially thought, thank Heavens). (I hate being in GA when she is in TX!)

Anyway, she asked me to let people know that any orders that came in late Sunday or today for That Frit Girl will of necessity be delayed until she gets home, can move, and can pack them. I know everyone will be understanding. I'll keep people updated as I get news, though right now Leslie is thinking she'll be home soon. (I hope so!!!!!!)

Meanwhile, I would like to ask the Universe to please remove the invisible AIM HERE sign from the back of her car. Even a solid Honda can only take so much abuse.

alb6094
2011-10-03, 8:46am
How horrible, poor thing! I hope she gets to feeling better quickly and takes the time she needs to get well. She has just been through too much this last month!

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-03, 8:53am
I agree! I try to be a cool sister and not get panicky, but it's hard when you love somebody and rotten things keep happening to them. :( This time it was a little old hunbuns who failed to see that Leslie was stopped at a stop sign and smacked right into her. At least this time nobody tried to punch her, there was no drunk woman swanning around and complicating things, and only ONE car involved. All the same .... collecting that much damage isn't good for Leslie. I'm just glad that I am teaching only one class in my upcoming term, and THAT class will be online (did an overload this term!). If Leslie needs help, I can head to Texas.

Please, folks, drive safely out there!

krisdaka
2011-10-03, 8:57am
Oh no, sending her :love:

SunDoorBeads
2011-10-03, 9:44am
Please tell her that we are wishing her a speedy recovery!! She is one of my all time favorite frit suppliers and just an amazing person! I will put her and her honda on our prayer chain!! Hugs to her!!!

Warm Wishes, Michelle

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-03, 10:55am
She called me about half an hour ago and said she was heading home ... whew! Her husband has promised to repaint the back of the Honda and remove the invisible bullseye.

LAJ
2011-10-03, 10:57am
So sorry! Please send her my best wishes! My son was rear ended a month ago, totaled the car, but walked away with not even a scratch. In his case, he lost control & hit the guardrail, so it's all the more amazing that neither he nor his GF were hurt, thank goodness! Hope she heals quickly.

gemsinbloom
2011-10-03, 11:12am
Woah! This is terrible, poor Leslie, healing thoughts your way.

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-03, 3:30pm
Thanks guys, thanks Sis. I'm home, well medicated, and sorta feel like the inside of a maraca, but still feel lucky all the same. My DH drove me home and has stayed the remainder of the day with me. I've just been dozing and listening to a book. We'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. I really do not recommend travel by backboard & c-collar before you've gotten to throw down your first cup of coffee. Sorta puts a wee damper on the morning ;)

Lisi
2011-10-03, 4:06pm
So sorry about the accident, Leslie! I'm so glad you're okay! :)

My daughter and you could share stories there. She's been hit in her Honda four times and finally the last time, the insurance company wrote her a check and totaled the car. One of the accidents was another small car hitting her broadsided and the 68 yr old woman was doing guess what? Text-messaging! :shock:

Sadie Mae
2011-10-03, 5:19pm
Drink lots of fluids to help flush out all those fear toxins and stuff (adrenaline, etc) Best wishes for a speedy healing.

MagpieGlass
2011-10-04, 5:24am
Leslie

Hugs and white light coming out to you. So sorry this has happened to you yet again!!

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-04, 5:58am
Thanks guys! I couldn't believe it! I've had one wreck in my life, then all of a sudden two in two weeks. I'd just gone back to work. Buy I'm lucky. I'm alive, walking, and no one punched me in the face this time :) I just feel a bit like the inside of a maraca right now. Not to mention a bit loopy - I hate meds but didn't take them as often as I should have last time and was in a world of hurt. I learned my lesson! I'll take the pain meds & muscle relaxers for a few days and just be a little, um, goofy.

In the mean time I'm napping, stretching, trying to stay hydrated 'cause I sure ain't hungry ;) I'm also grumbling because I'm home, it's cool enough to work in the studio, and I can't lift my arms yet!!! GRRRRRR.

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-04, 7:37am
Wait a minute ... you're blaming being loopy on the MEDS? :P :P :P I thought that was your normal condition! :) Seriously, glad you are taking the *(&%*&#! things this time. Pain = no fun.

As for being home and cool enough to work in the studio and being unable to ... I hear ya.

Big sibling hugs. Air hugs don't compress ribs, lungs, sore heads, or arms .... the Wigglebutt sends licks and Miss Thang says she'll WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the woman who hit you if you like. Corgi/Beagle woos are piercing painful things to hear, and would terrify even the stoutest heart. That's from her advertising blog, at least. Molly just says "Mreeeak!" I think it all adds up to love and wishes for a speedy recovery.

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-04, 7:57am
This time (that sound awful) it was a poor little old man that drove into me. I know that my break lights work because there seems always to be a Bulverde PD car behind me at least once per day, and they would have cited me if they didn't. Bulverde cites you for just about everything, but they're nice about it.

It was the guy in the middle last time who punched me in the face after I said that I needed to call the police and get a police report. The poor girl who drove into him was just trying to manage her drunk sister. Marx Brothers all over the place. This time seemed a bit more straight forward, not to mention painful - probably because I'm still trying to heal from the other week.

I still maintain that I'm lucky. I see what comes across my own exam table and compared to them I've got no worries.

I'll see how I feel about going back to work tomorrow....

PattyK
2011-10-04, 8:10am
Leslie - so very sorry to hear about this!

Take good care of yourself and don't be too quick to hurry back to work. :)

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-04, 8:14am
Sweetie. Please do not mention "break" lights in conjunction with your car. You've been hit TWICE -- no inviting further breakage!!!! (Though the hell with the Honda--you're more fragile than it is, bless its sturdy engineering and sound construction!)

As for work ... what PattyK said. Take the time you need to feel better, please! When you do go back, may I suggest a different post office?

alb6094
2011-10-04, 8:29am
This time (that sound awful) it was a poor little old man that drove into me. I know that my break lights work because there seems always to be a Bulverde PD car behind me at least once per day, and they would have cited me if they didn't. Bulverde cites you for just about everything, but they're nice about it.

It was the guy in the middle last time who punched me in the face after I said that I needed to call the police and get a police report. The poor girl who drove into him was just trying to manage her drunk sister. Marx Brothers all over the place. This time seemed a bit more straight forward, not to mention painful - probably because I'm still trying to heal from the other week.

I still maintain that I'm lucky. I see what comes across my own exam table and compared to them I've got no worries.

I'll see how I feel about going back to work tomorrow....

I can't believe someone would punch you in the face after an accident! What a troll (and other worse names I won't type out here)!

I'm glad you're taking your pain medicine this time around. You be good to yourself, you certainly deserve a rest after all this (whether you want to take one or not, LOL).

((((Leslie)))) Sending 'removal of bullseye and get well quick' vibes your way.

Pia Kaven
2011-10-04, 8:35am
Oh wow, Leslie, just placed an order, but I am in no rush with it, I had no idea, otherwise I would have waited until you feel better and wont feel pressured to work through it all when not feeling good.

Where in TX you live? Texas drivers are awful, if I didnt have to get my license here... oh wait, I didnt... just renewed my excisting one... so I still believe that most people get their license from the mail order company!!! People text while drive ALL THE TIME, they talk on the phone, or they just dont have a clue that they are cutting people off. Man, they really suck here!

I got into an accident exactly two years ago with my hybrid Honda, and it was just a city intersection. The SUV that ran the red light rolled over 3 times, and my less than year old car was totaled. I only suffered minor injuries on my chest from the seat belt and hit my ankle on the pedal, but I was so disoriented I didnt know how to call help (the touch screen on iPhone got me totally confused) nobody stopped even though about 200 cars passed, luckily someone had called the ambulance. I was lucky, my car just kinda spann little and my injuries were nothing, rear ending is waaaay worse! Your whole body hurts after that!

I hope you will recover fast, and that the injuries will not be as bad as expected.

Pia Kaven
2011-10-04, 8:39am
Someone punched you the time before? I would have kicked them into the ding ding for that! I dont have a bad temper, but you hurt me and youre doomed! It is a good thing I wasnt there, cause I would probably have been jailed!

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-04, 11:53am
LOL! The hardest part was telling my husband! I thought that he was going to kill the guy, and I was already in the ER and the guy had already been arrested!

I spent many years working with kids from gangs, so I received more than my share of poundings, but that was a bit unexpected.

This time (goodness, that sounds awful :) ) has gone much more smoothly, although the guys at the collision center (it was the same place) were gently heckling me. They were very nice though and even offered suggestions on how to deal with two different insurance companies/claims in the most expedient manner with the fewest headaches to me. Once I schedule the repairs it will only take three days to get my car fixed, too!

Wow. I think that I want to go lie down for a bit.

My idea about returning to work tomorrow got shot down by my primary care doctor. He won't even see me for a follow up until tomorrow afternoon - said that it was too soon. There are just so many patients and the cases are so long. Sometimes we're scrubbed in for 6 hours just for one embolization, and that's only one case. I worry about my co-workers.

Rambling. Soon to be napping.

Pia Kaven
2011-10-04, 12:35pm
Leslie, you work at the OR?

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-04, 4:15pm
Interventional Radiology. We get the added benefits of radiation ;) I scrub & circulate.

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-07, 6:03am
Shipping is slowly getting back to normal although I still haven't been allowed back to work yet. All orders from the date of the last accident have gone out, save one (Karen), and I've only got three to send yet from yesterday and the 5th.

Sorry that I'm still moving a little slowly guys. I'm getting the feeling back in my left hand, but there are still three fingers that are tingling. The doc is giving the meds until monday to do their work, then it's PT time for me. Hopefully I'll be back at work then as well.

dpglassworks
2011-10-07, 6:17am
Oh Leslie.... sending you lots of HUGS and love....

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-07, 7:49am
Cheering recovery from Georgia. HOW many times have you covered for your coworkers? They can help YOU out. :) :)

pittypat
2011-10-07, 8:01am
Ok, that is it!! I am bringing you to Virginia for a little R & R!! Get rid of the Honda!! You need, and I do mean need, not want, a HUMMER!!!!! I will just bet no one will rear end you then! Or a Jeep Grand...I never got even close to an accident driving that one.

Love and kisses.

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-07, 9:00am
LOL! Yeppers, my DH is threatening me with a big truck for my next "car," but at the same time trying to get it through my skull that it was bum luck, not my fault & that he doesn't blame me for the car. I have the sweetest DH. The first thing he said was to hell with the car was I ok and that we could replace the car but he couldn't replace his wife.:love:

I want to thank all of you for being so supportive & understanding. As I feel like packing orders I get them packed up but I'm still paranoid to drive (I wonder why) even to our local post office. Both will get easier with a little time but right now I'm a, um, wreck!:lol:

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-07, 3:29pm
M is indeed a very sweet and loving guy, and that would be his natural reaction. If it weren't, by the time I reached Texas to kill him, there wouldn't be anything left, because his mother would have gotten to him first (and THEN his sisters). Thank you for marrying into a loyal family!

Can we wrap your car in faom around bumper tires?

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-09, 7:59pm
Ok, all orders from the second MVA up through today have been packed, stamped and are ready to go to the post office if they haven't already gone. Yes, I'll use a DIFFERENT post office on my way to work from now on - you couldn't pay me to drive down Huebner Rd. anymore in the mornings since both accidents occurred within one block from each other - I'll use the Post office on Medical Drive - it still has the 24 hour kiosk.

I do apologize for any delay that the MVAs have caused in shipping, and do NOT anticipate any more rear-endings (there had BETTER not be any more!!).

I plan to return to work tomorrow if I can get through employee health (if they think that I can perform my duties), and will drop all packages off on my way in although the mail service won't start again until tuesday.

Thank you all for your support, patience and prayers for healing.

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-10, 3:45pm
No go. Wasn't allowed to return to work yet - PT for a week and then a re-evaluation. :(

FourTailsLampwork
2011-10-13, 4:24pm
AIGH!!!!!!! However, take advantage of the time to REST, O Sibling Mine. (Here's a threat: if you don't and need help, you'll have to (AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!) put up with me coming over to Texas, as I am only teaching online. (DUM da da DUUUUUUM!)(Cue TRUMPETS OF DOOM!!!!!!)

mewsicmama
2011-10-13, 4:39pm
Please be sure you are feeling perfect before you go back. The Honda Civic I had was a 98, and was rear-ended four times. They were able to fix it each time and now my neighbor owns it.

Have had many whiplash type injuries (none my fault either) and to this day my neck is hosed. Please make sure you are REALLY OK before you start lifting stuff (patients, etc.).

I don't get on here much any more but wanted to tell you I hope you feel better very soon.

:love:

Shari in California

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-13, 7:16pm
Thanks Sis, thanks Shari. I see the doc again tomorrow and have been pushing hard in PT. Still don't sleep because of pain, but at least I'm used to insomnia :)

The collision center looked at the car and deemed it unsafe to drive - my rental is a tank - a Hundai SantaFe SUV. The guy who is in charge of my repairs has already called and said that they found structural damage to the car that was hidden by what was left of the bumper and that I was lucky that I drove a good car - the guy was going fast. A less well built car would have been obviously totalled. He'll know more by monday when they finish taking it apart and evaluating the damage.

I'm hoping to be back at work on monday - my boss is going out for surgery so if both of us are out our small department is totally hosed. I know, I know - listen to the doc. We'll see what happens 'cause there still is alot of pain: my c-spine is out of alignment, my pelvis is torqued, my left first rib is dislocated and my l-spine is out of alignment as well. and I thought that I was fine!:roll:

ThatFritGirl
2011-10-16, 5:28am
No go for monday, either. I went in and spoke with my Director who was very sweet about it. She let me know that as long as she knew ahead of time she could plan for scheduling but she just needed me well and to take care of myself right now.

We'll see how far three more sessions of PT get me, and I'm doing my home exercises religiously (OUCH! lol) I've got better range of motion on my neck - still could use more work but it's come far! (happy dance) Now if I can get to where I can sit for a bit...

In the mean time I'm using my torch as therapy for my hand, playing with new color combos (uh-oh! ;)), packing orders, and hanging out with my MIL.

Tillie
2011-10-19, 2:14pm
I got my Frits!! Thank you! Gives me something to look forward to! They are beautiful mixes, by the way.