Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Slyme TAG Borocolor Glass Rods

caogomi
2011-11-08, 3:33am
Slyme TAG Borocolor Glass Rods

http://www.frantzartglass.com/images/Kiwi%20Slyme.jpg

622017-S TAG Slyme Borosilicate Glass Rods.
Size: Diameter 5-7mm, length 20", weight per rod .07 lb, approximately 12-15 rods per pound. There is a � pound minimum per color. All Northstar rods are first quality.

Swirly, milky electric green that looks like Ghostbuster's ectoplasm. Slyme can vary... some is transparent, most is translucent, and some is more opaque - until you get it really hot. This gives you some control over the translucence of your piece.

^^^^^

The ghostbusters thing caught my eye before I even read it in this description! (i grew up with the movie as i was born the year it came out hehe)

Has anyone worked with this stuff? What is your opinion or experienc with it? I would really love to make some slimer based art haha. It would be great if there could be oranges blue and pinks. One could make some really fun ghosts with a whole pallet of these kinds of colors! I hope it isnt shit to work with and my dreams are not smashed of a slimer pipe!:shock:

pierces*designs
2011-11-08, 4:49am
You are usually better asking boro questions in the boro room. That is where most of the 33 peeps hang out.

I have some of this, but I find it tends to be much more translucent than the pic.

SonyaHusko
2011-11-08, 6:03am
I love this color! I've only made simple disc style beads with it, but it's gorgeous and was easy to work with.

LarryC
2011-11-08, 7:50am
I've used quite a bit of it for larger 2"-3" solid sculpture. Nice color.

Harry
2011-11-08, 9:32am
Wow that is a really beautiful color. Wouldn't it be great if it were glow in the dark?

H

LarryC
2011-11-08, 9:39am
Neat color. You can get quite a bit of color variation based on heat and chemistry. Works smooth as well. Some of these semi transparent colors boil easily but no issue with this so far. I think I was on a zombie kick this day.....

LarryC
2011-11-08, 9:43am
Wow that is a really beautiful color. Wouldn't it be great if it were glow in the dark?

H

Did someone say glow? Havent used these myself so I cant comment on their qualities. Anyone?

http://www.mountainglass.com/Borobars-Aqua-Glow-Glass-Cane-115-00-per-pound.html

theglasszone
2011-11-08, 9:44am
Lot that Larry!!! It's right up my alley! ;)

volkanokaren
2011-11-08, 11:28am
I love that glass.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz

menty666
2011-11-08, 11:54am
Did someone say glow? Havent used these myself so I cant comment on their qualities. Anyone?

http://www.mountainglass.com/Borobars-Aqua-Glow-Glass-Cane-115-00-per-pound.html

I use and like them. You need to baby them a little though:

1. Wash them well to make sure all the refractory is off from the press molds.
2. I like to preheat them.
3. Run your kiln a little hotter than normal (1100 vs. 1050), the glow material likes the heat.

But those are what I used to make my glow chess set.