Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Oxycon Dealers

Kitty
2011-11-29, 7:57pm
I currently have a Devilbiss MC 44-90 which according to Justin at oxygen plus medical has 9 psi/5LPM. I would like to purchase another 5LPM to supplement my torch which is a GTT Bobcat.

I don't really want to spend more than $350 if possible. I keep seeing the Devilbiss 515 model for around $250 refurbished. It says it is 8.5 psi. Will that make a difference when I connect the two concentrators?

Justin also suggested the Solaris 505, Devilbiss MC 64 and MC 84 which are more in the 450-550$ range.

Is it possible to get a long lasting machine with my specifications for the money I am wanting to spend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kitty

kbinkster
2011-11-29, 8:24pm
I would say that you should be able to connect the DeVilbiss 515 you mentioned to your MC 44-90 with no problem. There's no reason that they have to be the same model. You just want the psi outputs to be comparable so that one won't overpower the other. If you are always running a large flame, the difference between psi output can be greater than if you run a small flame or use a variety of flames (in which case, you would want to have the difference in psi output be no greater than 2 psi). I hope that helps.

If you are interested in a nicely reconditioned DeVilbiss machine with a 5 year warranty, feel free to check out my website, too. It is To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kitty
2011-11-29, 8:52pm
Thanks so much for your help Kimberly! Terrific. I looked on your website. Which DeVilbiss machines are you selling? Also I couldn't find what the warranty covers. If there is a problem do I need to pay to ship it somewhere, etc.

If they are refurbished, what happens to the past mileage it has had? Does that make sense?

Kitty

Justin L
2011-11-29, 9:18pm
if a machine is properly rebuilt, and all the wearable items are rebuilt or replaced, all prior hours accumulated should be irrelevant.

kbinkster
2011-11-29, 9:18pm
The way it works with my supplier is that the machine could be an older model like an MC or a newer one like a Solaris. It depends on what is in stock. Once the machine is fully reconditioned, really, one DeVilbiss model will perform as well as another. The hours are not turned back on the machine, but they are not really relevant, anymore, since everything that needs to be repaired or replaced to get it to put out oxygen at 5 LPM, 8.5 psi, and 90% purity is repaired or replaced.

The DeVilbiss and Invacare 5 LX units come with a five year warranty from the company who reconditions them (my supplier). If there is a problem, a technician can speak with you over the phone and help decide whether or not the unit needs to be sent in. I haven't had too many problems with the units I have sold, but every now and then something comes up and more often than not, it can be fixed without sending the unit in. The main components covered by the warranty are the compressor, valves, and sieve beds. Damage to the units caused by accident/neglect, misuse, or abuse is not covered by the warranty. I have had good feedback from my customers regarding my supplier. They really are nice people to work with.