Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : glass ID?

demcc2
2011-12-31, 9:31am
I have a piece of a precision silver glass that I do not know which one it is. I was gifted it this past fall. A couple of nights ago I thought I'd try some and I've fallen in love with it (its about the only silver glass that I've been able to get colors to pop!)

I checked their website and I think it might be Van Gogh....I've included pics of a sample bead, the rod and the end of the rod. Tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance!!

Duane

squid
2011-12-31, 9:57am
It's not Van Gogh - those rods are tan. I think it's Davinci or Davinci 2 - I have a ton of that but I can't find a label on a single piece!

kayrein97
2011-12-31, 9:59am
Hi Duane, How did you work that? Your bead is beautiful!!! If you don't mind me asking, Thanks

jamie lynne
2011-12-31, 10:15am
It looks a little like my DAP that I have. The same stripes... but my center looks different.

demcc2
2011-12-31, 10:27am
Hi Kayrein, I don't know how it worked that! :shock: Just kidding.
Seriously though, I heated it up to almost white hot and spun it onto my mandrel, then shaped it up a bit. This was just meant to be a sample piece.

Last night I tried some again in smaller amounts and small round beads and I received much darker colors (mostly reds) with hints of some other colors.

Squid and Jamey Lynn, thanks for your suggestions! I actually have a TINY piece of the Davinci DAP somewhere (labelled) I'll have to dig that out and see if results match...No matter what the glass is, I* WANT*MORE :lol:

Duane

FosterFire
2011-12-31, 10:34am
Keep us posted!

squid
2011-12-31, 10:40am
The white hot is the key to the color.

demcc2
2011-12-31, 11:06am
I was able to dig out that other piece i mentioned. Its actually a good size piece and larger in diameter. My mystery piece is indeed the Davinci DAP!!

Thanks guys for the assistance!

Duane

Reenie
2011-12-31, 11:12am
lol...guess you don't need my help. Yup, double amber purple.