Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Thanks to Soda Lime Times!!!

Iwantonetoo
2012-01-15, 12:58pm
I am really enjoying it, and decided I should tell you!!!

There's a wealth of knowledge in these.

Just finished reading the :love: edition. Loved it. I realize I have been making hearts (on mandrel) the hard way.

Now if only I could figure out how to transfer them onto my iPad.#-o Each time I download on my mac.Then after I read it the first time, I realize, I'd rather have it on the iPad!

Thanks again!!

I'm not affiliated. Just a happy customer.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (I think)

SGA
2012-01-15, 1:51pm
I think this is my favorite edition so far. I am in love with all the hearts!!! And I discovered a new lamp worker that hasn't been on my radar in the past. Lynda Muell, OMG.

The Raja hearts! AWESOME!

And the little strawberries. So sweet!

Yup. Best one yet. :)

Hardalee
2012-01-15, 1:54pm
It's relatively easy to transfer to the iPad. You should have GoodReader or ZenReader or iReadPDF or some other free pdf reader. In iTunes with the iPad tethered click the iPad, go to the menu at the top of the page, choose apps. At the bottom of that menu is a file sharing dialog. Choose your pdf reader on the left side, click add on the right hand side. This brings up a finder or explorer window for your computer. The soda lime times is probably in your download folder, choose it and sync. It will move to your iPad.

You can also send it to Dropbox or Evernote if you use them, that's pretty easy too. On your computer open the SLT, save it to dropbox or select it and clip it to Evernote.

PM me if this doesn't provide you enough directions and I'll try to help more.

By the by, I love the STL too. I carry all of them in Evernote so I can read them at the torch or anytime.

Hardalee

bryna75
2012-01-15, 2:15pm
Just follow the link in your email while you are on your iPad. It will give you the option at the top right of your page to open in iBooks, then it'll save there. Download iBooks if you don't have it already, it's free. I have all my PDFs, tutorials, etc in there.

Signguy
2012-01-15, 2:16pm
The easiest way of all is to just use iBooks which is free on the iPad. All you do is download the PDF to your desktop. Open iTunes. Pick "add to library" from the iTunes menu. Select the file. Sync your iPad. From now on you will have it available to you on both devices.

I have all my issues, plus all my tuts, plus all my videos on mine - available any time for reference. It's great!

loribeads
2012-01-15, 2:39pm
Love, love, love!!!

Pammi
2012-01-15, 4:52pm
I thoroughly enjoy each and every issue!!!!

Diane Woodall
2012-01-15, 6:27pm
Thanks for all of the kind words about the magazine. I've said it a thousand times, but I have the best job in the world! Artists who I idolized when I first started making beads are now friends. How cool is that? And it seems that the more people know, the more willing they are to share.

I can't wait for you to see the issue on florals that is coming next month. :love:

You all have made my day!

SGA
2012-01-15, 8:57pm
Diana, I know I'm requesting this early but you're probably a couple editions ahead of us.

Can we please please please get an acorn tutorial this fall? :)

Diane Woodall
2012-01-15, 9:05pm
Hi Shardi, I think we can definitely do that. The July issue is "Inspired by Nature" and I'm sure I could arrange to have an acorn tutorial in that issue. Sounds like a great idea!

pittypat
2012-01-16, 12:13pm
OK, I have looked enough!! for two day for Lori's heart tut. Please head me in the right direction. I can only see her blog.
Thanks.

Diane Woodall
2012-01-16, 2:08pm
I am so sorry Lor's heart tutorial is so hard to find. My fault for not giving a direct link. Here it is. My bad.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SGA
2012-01-16, 6:49pm
Hi Shardi, I think we can definitely do that. The July issue is "Inspired by Nature" and I'm sure I could arrange to have an acorn tutorial in that issue. Sounds like a great idea!

Oh Diane! That would rock. Thank you for considering it. :)

I asked because you never know if you don't ever ask.

CMode
2012-01-16, 10:28pm
This is a great issue! I am so inspired to make heart shaped beads :-D

Curly Irish Girl
2012-01-16, 10:50pm
Each month I think to myself "Ohhh....it can't get any better than this"....and then the next issue is available and I say the same thing again!!! This is a GREAT publication! I appreciate the pdf and can print the specific info I want or have it all available in e-copy.

anitah
2012-01-17, 2:27pm
I second what Lynn said. Every issue is a winner!!!! Anita

Kybeadmaker
2012-01-17, 5:24pm
I agree, I look forward to each issue! Great job Diane!!

Diane Woodall
2012-01-17, 6:19pm
Thanks so much for the encouraging words. BTW, the April issue is Life's a Beach and is going to be about ocean themed beads. I know a bit about those myself.

Hopefully it will take the chill off and make you look forward to the sunny days of summer.

dehoffa
2012-01-17, 6:33pm
Diane, I know I've told you many times in person, but your e-mag is great. I love the variety and inspirations found from the first to the last page.

You rock

SGA
2012-01-18, 11:56am
Well, using Diane's purple heart tutorial, I came up with this! :)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best heart I've made! I'm very happy with it.

Diane Woodall
2012-01-18, 1:23pm
Shardi, your heart is gorgeous! Isn't it easy making a heart that way? For years I thought hearts were far too difficult to make, so I made my first one by accident after 5 years at the torch. When I discovered how easy they were to make I could have kicked myself.

I think it's all in the method you use, and I'm all for doing things the easiest way possible, as long as I get good results!

Show us more!

SGA
2012-01-18, 1:25pm
Shardi, your heart is gorgeous! Isn't it easy making a heart that way? For years I thought hearts were far too difficult to make, so I made my first one by accident after 5 years at the torch. When I discovered how easy they were to make I could have kicked myself.

I think it's all in the method you use, and I'm all for doing things the easiest way possible, as long as I get good results!

Show us more!

I was becoming discouraged because I saw the article on all the heart presses. I think my shoulders slumped when I realized "THAT'S how everybody achieves such beautiful hearts."

Then I took a longer look at the tutorials. I realized I had the straight sided lentil and it just took off from there. I don't think I'll ever made another heart any other way. :D

Diane Woodall
2012-01-18, 1:44pm
I'm with you. I think that the presses have a place, especially if you want to create exactly the same size and shape every time, but I enjoy the freedom of creating hearts by "hand".

The good thing about that method is that you don't even need the straight sided lentil. You can flatten it on your marver if you don't have a press, and the results are still good. It really is the easiest method for making a heart I've found so far.

Amy Trescott makes hers much the same way, and I just love the long tails she puts on hers!

Wowglass
2012-01-19, 6:12am
Ooooh! An 'Inspired by Nature' edition? How about a mushroom tut also?

SGA
2012-01-19, 8:04am
I believe Mary Lockwood has a mushroom tutorial. I wish I could say how it's done but like that heart, once you figure it out they're just so freaking easy. :)

I love the tuts. Just give me a start and I'm golden. It opens the door to so many ideas.