Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New butterfly design? To R Simmons

5betsy
2012-01-24, 7:23am
I have a bead I call a deconstructed butterfly and am wondering whether it would be appropriate for BOC butterfly presentations. Sorry, no photo this morning.

Who do I show it to? Should I just throw it into an email to BOC itself?

I live very close to the Tucson BOC office - an appointment with them?

What to do, what to do. . .:rolleyes:

Robinj
2012-01-24, 9:14am
Clearly I'm not Russell...

Do the parents select the butterfly bead or is it selected for them and given to them?

If so, my personal opinion is that if the parents are selecting the butterfly to memorialize their child, yours might be perfect for them.

I think you should send them in, clearly labeled that they are "butterfly beads" and let the parents choose. If an abstract or non-traditional butterfly bead speaks to them and brings them comfort, then that's the bead they should have.

RSimmons
2012-01-24, 10:43am
Much of the time the butterfly beads are distributed at group memorial ceremonies. They are boxed when they are given and aren't chosen by the parents. Sometimes parents don't attend the memorials and the beads are sent to them.

You might send me a photo of your new butterfly, you can send it by PM if you don't want to put it on the forum right away. If you are close to the Tucson office a visit would be fine, but a call ahead would be a good idea.

Thanks much,
Robert

5betsy
2012-01-24, 11:48am
Thanks Robert! I'll get a picture together this weekend and send it on to you.