Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Matching Double Helix names to product codes?

eregel
2012-03-02, 10:37pm
I'm baffled! Last weekend I ordered quarter pound batches of 6 Double Helix colors off their website. Order arrived (VERY fast, nicely packed, GORGEOUS) but... the bundles are labled with codes. All that's on the invoice and packing slip are codes. And when you go to the website, all I can find are the names! NOWHERE can I find something that will tell me what these are! I don't have the slightest clue what I ordered (other than it should all be reducing.) I even tried looking in Stash Master, and that has the name in the product code field.

If the folks at DH are listening, it would be REALLY helpful if you added the codes to the website, or the names to the labels, or both! (Oh, and by the way - I LOVE the way you package shards! Very cool!)

Meanwhile, anyone have any idea how I can figure this out?

Eileen
2012-03-02, 10:45pm
My glass that I've ordered had the name on one of the rods. (label)
Some of the glass on the site has codes, not names, but I've never ordered any of that.
Are you certain you didn't order test batches?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hayley
2012-03-02, 11:01pm
You probably ordered test batches. If you tell us what those codes are, we can help you figure out what to expect from them.

If you order DH regular production line, one of the rods has a label with the name of the glass and the production date.

valjean
2012-03-02, 11:04pm
Same here, I always have the names on the rods, unless they are test batches.....Val

eregel
2012-03-02, 11:43pm
Well that answers it! It IS all test batches! What the heck was I thinking when I placed this order?!? (Okay, I know what I was thinking, it was something like "if this freaking winter doesn't end soon I'm gonna slit my wrists, lets go shopping! - but test batches of DH? Bet that was another insomniac night like tonight. )

Thanks for clearing up my lame-brained confusion. (slinking off in disgrace now...)

SGA
2012-03-03, 7:33am
You probably ordered test batches. If you tell us what those codes are, we can help you figure out what to expect from them.

If you order DH regular production line, one of the rods has a label with the name of the glass and the production date.

Haley beat me to it. Those are test batches and are only available for a limited time. Also a hit or miss. You could theoretically have in your paws their new production color, or a glass that's one of many in a long journey towards their newest color. :)

eregel
2012-03-03, 7:40am
You realize what this is going to force me to do... (besides not posting after Midnight, that is) When I use this stuff I'm actually going to have to *take*notes*... sigh...

betsymn
2012-03-03, 8:25am
Well that answers it! It IS all test batches! What the heck was I thinking when I placed this order?!? (Okay, I know what I was thinking, it was something like "if this freaking winter doesn't end soon I'm gonna slit my wrists, lets go shopping!

LOL! Been there, done that!

Magicfire
2012-03-05, 11:03am
You realize what this is going to force me to do... (besides not posting after Midnight, that is) When I use this stuff I'm actually going to have to *take*notes*... sigh...

lol!! I hate taking notes too. What's worse is when I have been all industrious and taken notes and then I have no idea where I put the notes.

Anyway, I have lots of test batches from DH. My problem is that I have no idea what they were supposed to do. I guess one of these days I need to sit down and look them all up and write down how to use them. I just hope they are all still on the DH website!! Some of them are from 2-3 years ago.

So I haven't used a single one because I don't want to waste them figuring out what they do! :D

-Patti

Double Helix Glassworks
2012-03-09, 1:33pm
Here's a link to our Color Archives. If you have additional questions, feel free to email us at To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Double Helix Glassworks Color Archives (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Thanks,
Jed at Double Helix Glassworks

Magicfire
2012-03-09, 3:56pm
Thanks Jed!!