Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Will sharpie marker fire away?

nitefire
2012-03-04, 10:08am
I need a quick answer before i ruin a project. I want to draw a pattern on a flat piece of fusing glass with a sharpie marker. Then paint with powdered glass inside the marker lines. I don't want to use powdered glass to draw the lines. Will the marker fire away? Or what do you use that will fire away?

Thanks
Elaine

Sue in Maine
2012-03-04, 10:19am
If it's a black sharpie permanent marker, yes, it will burn away but be careful of some of the fusing glass markers. There is a white that I can think of that doesn't burn off.

I use a black sharpie marker to mark lines on my glass and then cut the glass up to make multiple same size beads. The marker burns off.

Sue

chevygirl70
2012-03-04, 10:38am
Sue's right - I just took a fusing class and the teacher advised that the black sharpie does burn off - even a permanent marker, but never ever ever mark in white because it won't burn off. She said not to even use white out...!

nitefire
2012-03-04, 10:47am
Thanks so much for the quick info. I was anxious to play with my newly purchased jars of powdered frit from Bullseye. I bought some CMC powder to mix with the glass powder, and i am ready to draw designs on the glass with permanent sharpie marker, then paint with glass powder mix. Yippee now i can go play and not ruin my design by using the wrong marker.

Thanks
Elaine

lacey
2012-03-05, 9:01am
I agree with all - black sharpies burn off, white does not. Also, I've found that the silver sharpies don't burn off either.