Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Shipping Delay

Reenie
2012-03-12, 11:54pm
I'm sorry but I have to delay shipping for today. Mom's had a few minor strokes but is totally confused, combative and just doesn't know where she is. I HAVE to go see her. Again, I am so sorry that there have been a few of these delays this year.

mnoelker
2012-03-13, 5:51am
Reenie-Huge hugs to you. My first order and soon to be one of many came uber-fast recently. I was so impressed. Sending healing thoughts to your Mom. Travel safely today.

Reenie
2012-03-13, 1:42pm
Were closed until further notice. Mom is being transferred to a rehab facility and she still isn't fully there. I don't want her freaking out so I was able to have them let me stay overnight with her. sorry guys. I hate when things like this happen.

barbbbeads
2012-03-13, 8:19pm
Take care of what's most important first and that's family. Your loyal customers will be here when you return. Best wishes for your mom and hugs to you!

Reenie
2012-03-13, 10:15pm
Well thank God for cellphones!!! I have no internet but I have moble AP on phone and tada.....internet access using my phone. I need to ask this place if they know how I could connect. Everything is password protected.
So arrived here this evening. Mom is in a convalescent home...(not sure how to spell that) and she's sleeping. She keeps wanting to get out of bed and telling me where the crackers are. She loves crackers! I have to remind her that she is not at home.

The worst thing is ....this place is an open facility. They have no monitoring, no alarms so if mom gets out of bed and no one from the family is here??? She could walk right out the door and get lost. That is what is worrying me the most. She has to stay here for 2 weeks at a minimum.
I'm not sure how were going to work this out but it may be that when the DH drives to work (he works at night on the Carmageddon 405 freeway stuff so it's on his way...he can drop me off here around 7 or 8 but then would have to come and get me on his way back at 6 am or so. That's going to be tough and then someone from the family would have to be here at the same time I leave.
Sleeping going to be fun. They have those metal chairs that fold up. Couldn't get comfortable so I'm in a chair that kind of turns into a lounge chair. I have it against her bed (She doesn't have those guard things on the side so this way, she can't get out of bed with me here. Need to see if we can get her in a bed with the things on the side.. They had her in a vest at the hospital. Sort of a restraint to where she couldn't get out of bed. She needs that here.
Hoping to get what orders have come through out if I can...and the rest of the bulk buy stuff.
Just wanted to update. Thanks for understanding :-)

purpledragonfly
2012-03-14, 5:12am
Irene,

Just wanted to say you and your mom are in my prayers. I received my first order from you Monday. I can't believe how fast it arrived. This will be the first of many orders from me. Take your time with your mom, I think everyone will understand.

2tumblingdragonz
2012-03-14, 12:44pm
Irene, first I want to say I am so sorry, but second, isn't there another facility that is better equipped for you beloved Mom? I've never know a place that didn't have the guards on the sides of the bed nor alarms.

that's totally not fair to the family, you are paying for full time care in a rehab. I don't blame you for being concerned but I would look for a better place.

Putting her in a jacket is cruel IMHO, in NJ that's not allowed. It's one thing if she's trying to hurt herself or others but to put her in restraints to keep her in bed, I'm not sure that's even legal.

Whomever is coordinating her care, whether it's from the hospital or insurance company should be able to find a place where she is safe and as comfortable as possible and that the family can visit but not have to babysit, that's the facility's job. However, I do recommend visiting every day that's possible. When they know family is coming or present they take better care, shouldn't be that way but it is.

Major hugs and prayers for you and your Mom and family and I can attest that you have great customer service and ship quickly when things are "normal".

namaste
Rowyn

cgbeads
2012-03-14, 1:03pm
Oh Man!! Wish I were closer, I'd help you sit and ship.

What a shame they have no way to monitor so she can't wonder away. Could you put some sort of device on the door yourselves? Just thinking out loud.

Hang in there.

-Donna

Reenie
2012-03-14, 7:06pm
Hi guys...I'm home for the night, catching up on the orders that came through. Mom was doing okay and we didn't have too bad of a night. The chair I attempted to sleep in has left me with a raging headache tonight from the back of the neck up to the temples. :-(
My sister Libby was supposed to bring her clothes today but chemo yesterday and an MRI today has got her flat out~! So a friend of the family is at least bring her something to wear.
They do have an alarm they can attach to her that would let them know if she gets out of bed but it also would go off if she sat up and stuff so I don't think that's a good idea. I've reamed into her head all day what she needs to do if no one is there and she has to get to the bathroom. Push the button!!! Today she knows she is not at home and is in a rehab facility. It was pretty busy with speech therapists, and nutritionalists and all coming in to get her ready for the week ahead. I hate not having anyone there with her tonight but the nurse promised to check up on her and leave orders for the next shift. I asked if she would mind me calling around midnight to check in and she said no problem!

So I'm going to try and catch up as much as I can. I have a trainer coming over for my terrorist puppy at 1pm tomorrow and from there, we'll figure out what to do. I have had no contact with 2 of my sisters and one other one keeps giving excuses as to why she can't come down. I know she's having a hard time as well but we all need to step in and help. Libby (dealing with Chemo) shouldn't be even in this place. Don't need her getting sick but she won't slow down.

So that's the update for now. It's going to be hard not being down there tonight but I'll get down there tomorrow night if anything.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers :-)

wendybritt
2012-03-15, 10:24am
I have been praying for you. Glad that you will get some rest in your own bed. Hoping that the situation improves.