Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Cannon SD559 model questions

rita
2006-05-15, 6:20pm
Hello, I am shopping for a new camera that will take nice closeup pictures of my beads and jewelry. I looked at this model today at Best Buy and there are so many to pick form its hard to know what to buy. I know models change but does anyone have any experience with this camera? Thanks for your time. Rita

rita
2006-05-15, 6:21pm
opps, its the SD550. Rita

ukiacat
2006-05-22, 8:45pm
Here is a link to the camera you are asking about. Are you using it for bead photos? If it were me, I would not get it because the macro distance is 5cm. I tested a Canon A430 which is a bare-bones $149, 4MP Canon with super macro. It gets within 1cm and I was able to take really good close-up photos and really good pictures of bead sets. I ended up returning it and instead ordered the Canon A700. It has the super macro [not all Canon's do] and it has 6MP, and a 6x zoom. Online at Costco it is $315 with shipping to our house. They have an A700 with a printer for more money but I don't need the printer. The A models are not all that big but they are bigger than the SD model you refer to. If you just want a small camera for general purposes, it may be what you want.

Anyway, if you go to the link, you'll be able to read the specs on the SD550.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_sd550.asp
And if you just go to the the www.dpreview.com, you can look up specs on lots of cameras!

Good luck
J

rita
2006-05-22, 11:29pm
Thanks so much for your post. I have pruchased a Sony DSC-T9. I have not tried it yet but hope it will do what I want. Is so confusing because the cameras change so often. Again thanks for your information and your time Rita