Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Ninja Surprise?

cggee
2006-05-16, 9:55pm
Here's a pic of my first time using NS Ninja. I didn't notice the "reaction" of streaky greens and whites until I got it out of the kiln. It made me think Ninja was some sneaky cool reactive color--hence the name--but in my reading since then everybody seems to say it's a nice stable black. I suppose it's quite possible that I picked up the white smears from the vortex (NS Star White) and the green is just white mixed with Ninja. Is Ninja green-based? Anybody else get any cool reactions out of this color? It would be more fun if sneaky ninja streaks were jumping out of the shadows.

I know the marble has other issues... bubbles, encasing seams, scum... It was my 12th marble ever, and my first vortex (thanks to Chad's awesome tutorial). It also got WAY bigger than I intended... it's a fiesty one!

27672 27673

- Carol

hotflashwanda
2006-05-17, 1:05pm
Hi Carol,
Hmmmm...Ninja is a blue based black, so I'm not sure how you got green streaks in there. I do know if it is reduced or overworked, it can develop gray streaks. I've never gotten anything other than black out of it in beads. Maybe you've discovered a new reactive aspect of this color! :-) You could send your pic and inquiry to Northstar through email at their website (www.northstarglass.com). I've emailed them about a couple of odd colors in the past and found them to be very helpful.
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

e. mort
2006-05-17, 1:57pm
I haven't got green yet either, but I have definitely picked up gray on larger pieces that are in the flame for a long time.