Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Inside out picture tutorial?

Kikki
2006-05-16, 10:44pm
Is there such a thing anywhere on the internet?

I'd really like to see pictures of how it's done instead of just reading about it.

Cosmo
2006-05-17, 5:26am
I would go rent/buy Making Inside Out Beads by Shannon Hill.

Also, I believe there is an article on inside out beads coming up in Glass Line magazine...

IF-Designs
2006-05-17, 5:27am
Ill 2nd that dvd it was a GREAT dvd tutorial.

suzanne
2006-05-17, 7:23am
and where can we buy that? Beeing European is hard sometimes....renting is not an option since no one knows what the heck we are talking about.. I gave up after looking for a book on lampworking about a year ago;)

e. mort
2006-05-17, 8:24am
Hey Suzanne,

Don't forget if you order to make sure that the DVD is in the right format if you want to view it on your TV. I think it will work on your computer no problem, but we do use a different standard her in the US.

Here are some links for videos.

http://www.dichroicimagery.com/

http://www.glasscraftinc.com/

Of course if you own a Multi-system TV and DVD player then there won't be an issue. I had one of those when I was working in Stuttgart, but it finally died so I can't play any of my European DVDs and Video Casettes anymore.

Eric

shawnette
2006-05-17, 8:54am
There is a tutorial by Shannon Hill in the issue of Bead Unique that I just picked up. (Issue #9)

baylie
2006-05-17, 1:52pm
I will try and get wifey to bring the camera into the shop today and get some pics. I make Inside out stuff on daily basis,and should be able to help pretty easily..........

Kikki
2006-05-18, 1:51pm
That would be great Baylie! Thanks!

Bead Unique... hmmm, wonder where I can find that one.... I haven't seen that here but I'll go looking for it!

Curly Irish Girl
2006-05-18, 2:46pm
OHHHHHH Baylie!!! For your tools....and inside out bead with sig cane.....oh!!!! Just in case you are taking notes, mine should be greens & blues! Can't wait to see the pics....think I need to spend a few hours with you at your studio in Madison!!!!

hestias_hearth
2006-05-29, 5:43am
I would not recommend this video if you do not have the basics of making blown beads and manipulating hollow work. He skips over flaring tubes, making bead holes for hollow work, and basic manipulation skills. It is a great video, but if you have never made a hollow bead and don't have those skills down pat, you will get frustrated very easily.

baylie
2006-05-29, 10:17am
Still tryin to get wifey to come down to the studio with the camera......

Over the Moon
2006-05-29, 2:30pm
Strip down naked - maybe that'll get her down there quicker!!

Lynn Larson
2006-05-29, 2:31pm
OH! There is a tutorial in the latest Bead Unique magazine!!

baylie
2006-05-29, 4:52pm
Strip down naked - maybe that'll get her down there quicker!!
With how hot it is I am already blowin in a sarong.

Over the Moon
2006-05-29, 7:03pm
ROTFLMAO! Hmmm...somehow, although we've never met, I can just picture you in my mind's eye.........
I agree 'bout the heat. 'Tis positively scorching!