Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Shops and Vendors in Fort Myers FL Area

Spicy Beads
2012-04-29, 8:14am
Hello,
on Tuesday I'll be in Fort Myers, Florida. Is there any vendor or shop were I could buy nice things (beadroller, silver glass....). I'd like to get some nice souvenirs. Unfortunately I stay only one day, so the shops should be in the vicinity (around 50-70 Miles distance is o.k.). Do you have any information for me?

Thank you in advance, greets, Kerstin.:waving:

Tillie
2012-04-29, 9:49am
The closest one I know of is in Sarasota...Glasscrafters, but they don't carry much in the lampworking line. I know there is a studio/retail store in Cape Coral, but have never been there. Are you going to be going to the Atlantic side of FL? If you are, go to the ArtGlass House in Cocoa Beach....it is HUGE!

Spicy Beads
2012-04-29, 12:12pm
Hi, Tillie,
I know Ron and Rocio Bearer, I visited them last year! Well, it was not quite a visit, more of an invasion. The Art Glass House is like a candy store! Unfortunately I have only a day off on the 2nd of May and will return to Germany the next day. A friend of mine is with me and probably she'd rather go to the beach instead of driving to the Atlantic side with me for hours. Well it's not that we don't have any glass here in Germany, but I'd like to buy some (CG) beadrollers in the US. It's much cheaper to purchase here than to order them and pay so much for customs. I'll check out Sarasota and Cape Coral.
Thank you Tillie, Kerstin.

glvz
2012-04-29, 2:19pm
Kerstin,

I was in Glasscrafters in Sarasota last week. They cater to stained glass workers and did not have any beadrollers that I saw. They have a small selection of bullseye rods but no 104. If you need directions I can give them to you.

I am not familiar with the store in Coral Gables-guess I'll have to track it down next time I'm in Ft. Myers.

Georgia

Spicy Beads
2012-04-29, 11:27pm
Thank you for replying, Georgia!
I think this time I'll return home with empty hands...

But I'm three times in the US this month, so maybe I'll be successful al little later - just takes some patience.

Thank you, greets, Kerstin.

Deb L
2012-05-05, 3:26pm
If you can find a peep in a city where you will be visiting perhaps you could order your beadrollers and have them shipped to the peep. They could hold them until you visit. I don't know how many vendors stock beadrollers.

PaulaD
2012-05-05, 3:38pm
There is a group that meets near there once a month to torch in Cape Coral.

kissmyglassjackie
2012-05-05, 11:01pm
Check Glassic arts, they are in deland florida, i am not sure but think its not too far from ft myers.

Tillie
2012-05-07, 4:36pm
Glassic Arts (Kathy Truba) in Deland is about 4 1/2 hours from Ft. Myers...north. It is northwest of Orlando about 25-30 miles.

tikiterri
2012-05-07, 11:46pm
Cape Coral arts center sells some lampworking supplies. You might give them a call first to see if they have what your looking for. But it's close to ft myers.

Spicy Beads
2012-05-08, 4:39am
Thank you all!

Meanwhile I'm in NY and will be in Miami next week before I return to Germany. I have a list of vendors now and maybe I'm lucky to get what I'm looking for.
Thank you for your help.
Greets, Kerstin.