Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : water marks on photos?

Shadow Darner
2006-05-19, 7:42am
Some of you have a watermark of your name or company name across your photos. This must be a good deterrent for those unscrupulous people who steal photos from websites. Do most software packages offer this option? Can anyone recommend any particular photo software program that would allow photos to be marked this way?

Thanks!!

ChaoticGlass
2006-05-19, 7:55am
I do mine on photoshop, I'm sure there are other programs though. The only issue is that the watermark needs to be juxtaposed onto the beads, or else it can be cropped out. I asked a copyright & trademark attorney and was told that unless you have your watermark registered as a trademark they can still take the image without penalty.

Cosmo
2006-05-19, 8:23am
Any image editing program can do it. Basically, what it consists of is opening an image, pasting your logo/name on a new layer above the original, and then lowering the opacity of your logo/name. While a watermark like that may not legally stand up in court, it would do a lot to prevent people from stealing your work.

Shadow Darner
2006-05-19, 1:16pm
Thanks for the info. I know that...(just like any criminal) if 'they' really want something you have they'll find a way to get it. When I do get my website up and running I would like to make it as difficult as possible for 'them'......That is assuming that I ever make anything worth copying:-k

Lara
2006-05-19, 7:56pm
this was posted by Jay, it is for PSP. I did it and works great.

http://www.jaychantell.com/watermarkingwithpsp.htm

drrufo
2006-07-02, 1:14am
There is a stand alone program called picture shark thet does batch watermarking. The site is http://www.picture-shark.com/

It takes a little work to get it perfect, but once you learn it, it goes fast.

Kevan
2006-07-02, 1:19am
I think it interferes with the viewing of the bead to have something written across it.

Laurie L
2006-07-02, 5:18pm
Yeah I agree Kevan. I hate looking at someones beads with a watermark across them. I completely understand the issue with using them but for viewing the beads...well lets just say I have passed on many sets and focals because of the mark. If I cant see a great picture I just wont buy them. Sorry :(

e. mort
2006-07-03, 3:25pm
I saw one picture where the water mark was still there, but was at an angle so it didn't cover the bead. However, it would not have been easy to crop out with out using photoshop. So, maybe if you just make it more difficult to copy they will go find easier pickings.

Eric