Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : GA Silver Strike 5 - what is it supposed to do?

e. mort
2006-05-20, 8:34pm
I made this heart with GA Silver Strike 5. I can usually get the yellow color no problem. On this heart I started to get a hint of blue violet color down by the tip of the heart. I have heard that you can do a lot more with it. What other colors can you get out of GA Silver strike 5? Can anyone post some pics of what it can do besides this?

Thanks,

Eric

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-05-21, 2:44am
I get a few more colors. I like Silver Strike 3 better. I will look for some beads today and try to post.
Depending on whether I encase it or leave some of it exposed, the results are different for me.

Juln
2006-05-21, 4:30am
I tend to get
Light tan
Mirrored Brown (won't usually stay that way)
Medium Brown
Popcorn Yellow
Weird Semi Light Green (not intense)

I usually use this as a light color, almost like an ivory or white. Try doing what you did with the Spring Luster and the clear frit.

Cosmo
2006-05-21, 4:48pm
I get greens out of mine. Check out the Dots Dots Dots marble exchange thread. The marble I made for that exchange was decorated on the back with just silver strike 5 dots with clear over it. Nothing else. Then heated a lot and let cool, then heated again. They became green. I've been able to get it pretty consistently. You just need to work it hot and with a lot of oxygen.