Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Can anyone identify the color?

Mountain Lady
2012-09-06, 9:42am
This rod is from a mix of glass that was given to me. No idea what it is but I love it and want more. Does anyone know who makes it and the name??

chrissij
2012-09-06, 9:45am
CIM Chalcedony.

chocolatier
2012-09-06, 9:51am
Hi: I haven't touched the torch in a number of years; however, it might be one of the Effetre opalino or alabaster colors, but I am not sure. If it is, be careful as it is very "shocky" and should be introduced into the flame very slowly and carefully. It also prefers more of a oxy flame. If I am correct, let me know.

Linda

ElizabethCreations
2012-09-06, 10:05am
Looks like Alabaster Periwinkle. (pale one)
I do have a rod that lies in my shelf since about 8 years!! LOL

I do not use it as I hate Alabaster since it's so shocky and it gets me very frustrated! :lol:

Mountain Lady
2012-09-06, 10:08am
CIM Chalcedony.

Thanks!

Mountain Lady
2012-09-06, 10:10am
Thanks everyone. I believe Chrissy is correct after looking at it. I made the bead with it very easily, not shocky at all, melts easily and flows really well. Beautiful color!

ElizabethCreations
2012-09-06, 10:16am
This is surely not Alabaster then!!!

Frit Diva
2012-09-06, 10:24am
I use the Effetre alabastros with no probs whatsoever.... the blue is a little bit shocky, but if you stick the tip in your kiln for a few minutes before starting, it will melt like butter.... and it's cheap! I love to use the alabastros to make a blended rod with clear and white... two parts alabastro, one part each clear and white.... the end result is a very stone like pattern in three pale tones...

Jo

Elizabeth Beads
2012-09-06, 9:29pm
Periwinkle Opalino. Melts like a dream.