Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : NorCal Beadmakers: Answer the Bead Challenge!

beadybyrd
2012-09-08, 2:00pm
The Sept. 15 meeting of the Northern California SGB is a very special one - it is also the occasion for the Beads of Courage Bead Challenge, and we need you to participate!

The meeting starts earlier than usual: 10 a.m., Saturday, September 15, 2012 at The Crucible in Oakland.

We'll be torching away, making as many wonderful glass beads as we can at the eight torches in the Crucible studio. Glass, mandrels and bead release will be available (but feel free to bring your own glass, too, of course). We also need volunteers to staff the Beads of Courage Store, the Sponsor-a-Bead table and the bracelet-making table. Beads of Courage children and their families are also invited!

The Crucible is located at 1260 7th Street in Oakland. There's a small parking lot, as well as street parking. We hope to see you there!

Baywinger
2012-09-11, 10:42pm
Come on out and Support BOC!

glasshouse
2012-09-13, 4:33pm
I totally need to reinstate my sgb membership. Will there be someone there to take my check? I really want to go. I miss seeing all my favorite glass peeps. Who else is going?

:) Kelly

tilegoddess
2012-09-13, 5:24pm
I'll be there torching... :D

preciousglass
2012-09-13, 6:35pm
I totally need to reinstate my sgb membership. Will there be someone there to take my check? I really want to go. I miss seeing all my favorite glass peeps. Who else is going?

:) Kelly

I have been welcomed saturday despite not being a member. You should come too.

glasshouse
2012-09-13, 7:05pm
I'll torch too if they'll let me. But I don't mind joining again. :)

SharonP
2012-09-13, 7:52pm
Absolutely, you're welcome to come, and bring friends! And if you want to renew your membership, Jim Kervin or I can take your check - no problem.

Seeya all Saturday!

AmorphousDesigns
2012-09-13, 8:32pm
I'm in! I have a small bag of beads to bring.

Would it be OK to bring my BOC tutorial book to share? It has tutorials for about 20 BOC animal type beads.

SharonP
2012-09-14, 10:42am
Absolutely, please bring your tut book, would love to see it!

And bring friends, family, other beaders - let's pack this place and make a ton of goodies for the kids!

tilegoddess
2012-09-14, 10:51am

Would it be OK to bring my BOC tutorial book to share? It has tutorials for about 20 BOC animal type beads.

Yes PLEASE!!! I'm in desperate need of cute critters/beads to make for the BOC kids!!

Nohline
2012-09-15, 9:09pm

Elizabeth
Did you put this tut book together from the Soda Lime Times? Would
love some guidelines on this.

kissmyglassjackie
2012-09-15, 10:02pm
Santa cruz contingent had 9 great contributors todayat Kiss My Glass!!Thank you! Kilns are full!!! Yea!!

SharonP
2012-09-15, 10:36pm
Thank you all so much, Santa Cruz! In Berkeley we had about 20 SGBNorcal peeps, two full kilns, and lots of people brought bead donations.

We all did great, thanks to everybody who participated!