Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : boro frit source?

burntfingers
2006-06-07, 9:17am
I am on a quest for butterscotch (size L) frit and with all of the different sources out there for frit, I have become very confused. Who do you get your boro frit from? I need a good source that is reasonably priced and takes Paypal as a form of payment. (And not charging an arm and a leg for shipping would be great too)!

Thanks everyone!!

Cosmo
2006-06-07, 12:01pm
I know Colored Sands has it...

http://lampworkingsupplies.com/proddetail.php?prod=912&cat=105&desc=Butterscotch+large+frit+4oz-Butterscotch+large+frit+4oz

And they take PayPal.

e. mort
2006-06-07, 12:35pm
I am still looking for a source for both NS yellow small frit as well as NS Extra light yellow large and small frit. I know the NS ELY will probably never happen, but if anyone knows of a source for NS yellow small frit it would be much appreciated.

Eric

Over the Moon
2006-06-07, 12:54pm
Hiya Eric! Just a thought - I've been grinding up some frit with a coffee bean grinder...works like a charm..(and yes, I wear a respirator when doing so as the glass dust rises instantly into the air...)

Cosmo
2006-06-07, 12:54pm
Art Glass House carries NS Yellow frit in large and small. No sign of extra light yellow...

e. mort
2006-06-07, 1:32pm
Thanks Chad I will give them a call. Are they the outfit that only sells wholesale?

Eric

Cosmo
2006-06-07, 2:13pm
Yeah. I'm not sure if you need a business license or not. You may just have to meet the minimum initial order, but I'm not sure...

burntfingers
2006-06-07, 2:17pm
Thanks Chad. I just placed an order with Colored Sands - I appreciate the link. On another note, did you get my PM about our trade? I still feel like I owe you something better than what you got. :sad: The bead you sent me is beautiful.

Mr. Smiley
2006-06-07, 3:17pm
I am still looking for a source for both NS yellow small frit as well as NS Extra light yellow large and small frit. I know the NS ELY will probably never happen, but if anyone knows of a source for NS yellow small frit it would be much appreciated.

Eric

I've got a 4 oz jar I'll sell ya. $12 shipping included. ;)

Toni L.
2006-06-07, 5:09pm
I need some yellow too!!!!!!! Wanna share? Just a teeny bit?
8)
toni

Over the Moon
2006-06-07, 5:55pm
I've often wondered, but, uhhh....what is WITH you people...??!!!??!?!? :rolleyes:

Cosmo
2006-06-07, 6:10pm
Thanks Chad. I just placed an order with Colored Sands - I appreciate the link. On another note, did you get my PM about our trade? I still feel like I owe you something better than what you got. :sad: The bead you sent me is beautiful.

Nah. You don't need to send me anything. I mean, you CAN. But you don't have to. I didn't send it expecting something back. I did it just because I thought you'd enjoy it. Plus I wanted you to see what that glass looked like.

Juln
2006-06-10, 9:00am
As far as the extra light yellow, it seems like NS has started making a bunch of new frits and powders? I got a new poster that showed powder and frit samples of about every color but plum crazy... I didn't check X.L. Yellow, but it's worth looking in to!

burntfingers
2006-06-12, 6:37am
What's so special about the yellow, anyway? :-s

e. mort
2006-06-12, 8:34am
NS Yellow and NS Extra Light Yellow do interesting things when layered over other colors. It can turn some reds into a nice fuschia pink. You really need to try it out over other colors. However, just remember that you don't need to use a lot of it. A thin coat is usually best, or at least that is what I have found so far.

Eric

Curly Irish Girl
2006-06-20, 5:40pm
You can get some fabulous colors with boro frit from Paula -
www.thevenerable-bead.com

Boro Frit Blends

I find myself playing with her frits quite frequently....in fact I just picked up some Persimmon boro at B&B and want to try her new frit blends on it.....

gennym
2006-06-24, 9:06pm
For those of you who make your own frit - how do you separate the various sizes from one another? I've been using a small coffee grinder and seem to pulverize some of it and then have large pieces that don't look so good if they stick to a small bead. I'm a little afraid of sifting it - not wanting it to get too dusty. Most of my favorite colors aren't available in frit already so would like to do it but do it well (and safely).

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-11-05, 5:26am

Eric

I can't believe I found this thread! :biggrin:

Anyways, fantastic news! I found a great supplier who has this frit, among others, and it is our very own Cathy of Eplanet Glass!

She has NS Extra Light Yellow and NS Yellow!!! WooHoo, way to go girl! :love:

Here is the link to these in her Ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Eplanet-Glass_Northstar-Frit_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ6027045QQftidZ2QQtZkm

e. mort
2006-11-05, 8:50am
Just ordered mine!