Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : April 2013 Soda Lime Times is coming at midnight

Diane Woodall
2013-03-14, 12:24pm
Once again, it seems like ages since I've posted on LE. We have been so busy getting the new issue ready to launch.

The April issue of the Soda Lime Times will be ready for our subscribers to download at midnight tonight. This month it is about flameworking projects that aren't beads, primarily buttons and knobs. Here are some photos of the projects in the upcoming Soda Lime Times:

Amy of Zooziis did two tutorials, one for making a shank button and one for a hex knob. Julie Fountain did a tutorial for making easy shank buttons using her button mold and Grace Edwards did a tutorial for making some gorgeous rose buttons.

Our fifth tutorial is by our featured artist Mike Mangiafico (Fig), and is an off-mandrel floating heart pendant.

In Tips from the Masters Drew Fritts shares his technique for making marble tweezers from coat hangers. And of course, Amy Kuczewski shares some great goodies in the Grubby Mitts Report. We are so excited that Amy has joined our little family and will be writing the Grubby Mitts Report now. As you know, she knows everything!

See you all at midnight!

PaulaD
2013-03-14, 12:38pm
Yay!!

Kristen
2013-03-14, 1:42pm
Woke up this morning thinking today was the 15th and wanted to download my copy...but no ...off by a day ....can't wait to read it Diane!

Diane Woodall
2013-03-14, 2:23pm
Thanks Paula!

Yikes Kristen, I'd have had a heart attack if I woke up and realized it was the 15th today. It makes me so happy to know you look forward to it so much.

I had so much fun making buttons this month. I made some smaller ones that I think would look great as clasps on a necklace. I posted these on FB, but thought I'd put them here too. These were made using Julie Fountain's little button mold from Lush Lampwork and a spiral Imprinter tool from Karen Leonardo. So fun!

Elegance_1
2013-03-14, 4:39pm
It all sounds so exciting! I'm so glad I subscribed. The tutorials are always top notch and the tips, well I am surprised that "I should have thought of that" is always coming out of my mouth so many times when I read every issue. lol

Diane Woodall
2013-03-14, 4:43pm
Thanks Barbara! I've said that a fair number of times myself. The talent in the lampwork community never ceases to amaze me.

Sheila D.
2013-03-14, 6:11pm
Can't wait!

karrina310
2013-03-14, 6:48pm
I always look forward to the 15!!!! Yeah Diane!
Karen

barbaracollins
2013-03-15, 3:35am
=D>=D> I love it!

julieann1674
2013-03-15, 6:23am
Thank you Diane!! And big thanks to everyone that contributed, so excited to download it today! YIPPEE!

Diane Woodall
2013-03-15, 2:56pm
Thanks so much guys. I love the 15th too! Means I get to take a nap. :)