Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Critique Wanted

rplace
2006-06-09, 8:37pm
Hi there I invested in a light tent and lights yesterday and wanted to know what advise you the pros have on what I can do to improve. I can never get the larger pics to post here so it is pretty small but shown bigger on my ebay. I have had a hard time learning but hope it turned out alright. I am suprised I did not pull out my hair. Thanks for your help.

Tanner Studios
2006-06-10, 12:01am
Rachel, You have a weird color balance going on. What type of lights are you using? Also what is your camera set at. As far as focus you may what to back off. your pushing your len's usefull range.

Give me some more info. And I'll help if I can.
Much Love
Scott

Kevan
2006-06-10, 12:03am
They look a bit unfocused and the background looks a bit greenish.

rplace
2006-06-10, 7:08am
Scott I am using a sony cyber shot 3.2 mega pixel camera and I bought one of those smith vector set ups

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SMITH-VICTOR-IMAGEMAKER-Photo-TENT-cube-LIGHT-KIT_W0QQitemZ5644227600QQcategoryZ20924QQtcZphotoQ QcmdZViewItem

the bulbs it has are 26 watt daylight fluorescent 5000K Color Temperature

I am sure my camera is not as good as it should be for this type of work. I used the daylight setting with white balance and set my E.V. setting higher. I try not to use zoom that much because its only a 3 optical zoom. I think this is the first time I have even changed a setting on my camera so needless to say I am so lost.

And to be honest I could have also messed it up in photoshop I can post the un edited picture if that will help deterime what the problem is.

I have seen all the wonderfull posts about not needing to buy a set up but I tried and tried the other way with no avail the best photos I have taken were outside in day light but I work and can't be a slave to the sun.

Thanks for all your help.