Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Question about Propane lines

cherylsart
2006-06-09, 9:01pm
Ok, when my Dad built his house he put a propane line in the garage for me. He has one like it out on the patio for the bbq so he doesn't have to buy a tank since the house runs on propane. So if I use the line in the garage, I'll hook up a hose that will run to my Hot Head. Will I need a shut off valve at the line where it comes out of the wall? The line is plumbed in metal pipe just like any other line in the house. I can take a picture of it if you need to see it.

Thanks!

Cheryl

MikeAurelius
2006-06-10, 6:43am
It won't work for your hot head, sorry. For the hot head, you need full tank pressure of 100 to 125 PSI, the pressure in the line is more like 1/4 to 1/3 PSI.

There is a regulator on the house prior to the line entry that drops the pressure for the household appliances that use gas.

cherylsart
2006-06-10, 7:12am
Ok, I get it. So the bbq must need much less gas pressure to run properly. A minor or other oxy-propane torch would work though?

Dale M.
2006-06-10, 8:47am
Ok, I get it. So the bbq must need much less gas pressure to run properly. A minor or other oxy-propane torch would work though?

Yes any "small" torch like a Minor or Bobcat or National 8M with MS7 tip or the new Betta....

Dale