Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : That Frit Girl - Flooding Aftermath

ThatFritGirl
2013-05-27, 7:53pm
Hey Everyone! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during the flooding down here in South Texas! My DH & I have been spending the last few days attempting to put the house, garage, studio & property to rights but still have a long way to go.

We needed rain, but not all at once! At least we are not in Oklakoma (God bless them!) It has taken four rounds of mopping the floors to get most of the mud out of the house, the pool looks like the Guadalupe river on a bad day (it was three inches over the top of the pavers), we lost two huge trees to water flow in the creek, our back road is now in our back yard, our back yard is now in my studio, the house & the garage, our front yard was in the creek and is now God knows where... you get the idea](*,)...

To top it off we lost power, then phone/internet. We finally got the power back but the phone/net took quite a while.

All orders are finally on their way out and any that got delayed have vouchers for free shipping included for the next order!

Thank you all for hanging in there with me, and just as an aside, I ditched the web email and subbed back in my own so there shouldn't be any more bounce-backs:-D

Box E Creations
2013-05-28, 5:24am
Glad you are back up and running. I know we got a lot of rain; it just didn't seem like that much. But then I was fortunate that I did not have to leave the house during the storm.

misty
2013-05-28, 2:04pm
Welcome back :)

allicat
2013-05-28, 5:23pm
Holy crud. Looks like here after Sandy. Glad you guys made it thru ok!

And I like your not so little new friend - he's cute :)

Alli

BeckyNoe
2013-05-28, 6:07pm
glad you all are ok and back up and running. I for one will NOT be using that free shipping voucher if received. You have to take care of you before anyone else and well if others don't get that..then shame on them!!

Hope things are back to normal for you soon.

Becky

ThatFritGirl
2013-05-28, 8:59pm
Aw Guys! Thank you! I'm definitely feeling the love here!

We're slowly beginning to dry out, fighting mosquitos (*fun*), shoveling base * dirt/mud... The pool is now a murky blue-green (BE-Blue-Green Algae???) but getting better. The power, phone & internet came back on & we grilled a ton of ribs that had thawed in the freezer.

I still haven't tackled the studio floor (will take pics later) but it's dried out enough so I can get in and move around!

Hugs & love to all of you & many, many thanks for your prayers & warm thoughts!!:happy:

queenofsheba52
2013-05-28, 9:35pm
Could you send me the turtle along with my frit? He's so cute.

Seriously, glad you are getting things cleaned up. It has got to be a monumental job!

--Helene

angelique_redhead
2013-05-31, 12:23am
I'm glad you're both ok. I want to see the before pictures (before the rain) and the after pictures (after clean up). I don't envy you the clean up but I do envy you the rain. We're still 8" low for the year. :love: Angelique

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-01, 5:17am
We just discovered that when the water went OVER the top of the dam in front of our house it knocked over our huge pecan tree and a rather large oak... *sigh* Those were gorgeous trees... And huge! At least they didn't hit the house.

FourTailsLampwork
2013-06-02, 10:27am
OVER THE DAM??? Sheesh, not even in 2007 did the water get that high. Peeps, for the record, most of the time that creek has very little water in it and the dam is nearly empty.

Oy.

Cute turtle, though!

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-03, 7:59am
Nope - it took out a huge oak & that really big pecan tree in front of the lower deck by the "waterfall." We've been working all weekend on cutting the pecan so it doesn't snap the oaks that are holding it up - the low ones that form the roof of that deck. It's pretty scary cutting, and we just got more rain night before last - the tank is full again & the ground is soaked. That pecan tipped a bit more...

We need the rain, just not all at once.

At least it's just alot of water and not tornados... I keep thinking of the people living in Oklahoma & it puts things in perspective.

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-09, 8:07pm
Here are some pictures of the tree cleanup...

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-09, 8:08pm
And the rest of the tree pictures...

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-23, 4:09am
Well, the post-traumatic flood disorder is almost over. The studio is dank, but not soaked. I've noticed that some of my "singles" - I kept some single 1/2 oz frit packets in a little basket - are now part of nture somewhere... Have to track down exactly which ones they were.

The floor of the studio/shop area just has a fine coating of the last remaining coating of the stubborn Texas mud - it just won't completely dry yet... I'd love to keep the doors open but as we seem to live in the middle of the animal planet I'm hesitant to do so. I've tried fans, but with the doors closed it's not a pretty sight.

Ugh! Poor building - it shifted a wee bit so I haven't been able to open the windows for years . Sooo.. I just keep sweeping (in & around cleanup around the rest of the land ) My, that was a lot of water this last rain!

Starting to be able to breathe again though... Hope that everyone is well and healthy.

In the meantime I must send an apology to anyone who received a spam email from my "Ironmountain" email address - my email and bank account got hacked into last week. Everyone on my "contacts" list got some sort of a spam email - I've seen advertisements for those programs to do that (grrrr). So far the bank account looks fine. (I thought that I had security before... you should see it now! Bwaahaaahaaa!!!)

Have a wonderful weekend filled with family, health, love & glass!!!

Leslie

queenofsheba52
2013-06-23, 1:51pm
(((Leslie)))

It just never stops, does it? Glad you are in better condition now regarding cleanup

BTW I *love* my frit, must order more. So much fun for a little price.

Best regards,
Helene

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-23, 7:41pm
Thanks Helene!!!:love:

krisdaka
2013-06-25, 8:30am
Leslie, this made me think of you, it's been in our news this week. How crazy are these people?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-25, 7:21pm
OMG! That's why we made sure that Jet had the run of the property (unfenced) once he got strong enough. He's got his own herd and is fully integrated now. We miss him but it's better for him. He does stop by every once in awhile :)