Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : ThatFritGirl

Box E Creations
2013-06-02, 12:34pm
Magic Gold Fire Iron Mountain Faux Boro Blend. The most awesome Frit. It is a pretty, sparkly brown,gold, amber mix. It has some amazing color reactions with some of the ivory, amber and green glasses. This is my favorite frit. There are a lot of pretty Frit blends out there. This one never ceases to surprise me.

KJohn
2013-06-02, 4:14pm
Thanks for the recommendation - is that one of the 90s? Hey, pics?

ThatFritGirl
2013-06-03, 7:51am
Thank you Box E!:love: I haven't tried it with ivory - just as the faux boro - have to go do that when I come up for air :)

KJohn, here's an *old* pic of the Magic Gold Fire when used as a faux boro - swirl with a rod of Moretti transparent light brown (hanpulled works better) or straw yellow. Wind the gather over your mandrel, shape, and encase with clear.

Box E Creations
2013-06-03, 7:09pm
These 3 hearts were made with the Magic Gold Fire. I really thought I had a clear bead, but could not find it. The one of the left is a green transparent; it kept the gold colors. The two on the right are transparent amber. The frit turned a greenish turquoise color. I just used it like frit; rolled my hot gather in it and melted it in. They look better in real life. Photography is not my thing.

KJohn
2013-06-04, 7:50am
Thanks, those are gorgeous. I really like the ones with the frit over the amber.