Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Unlimited Oxygen Woes

Echobaby1
2013-06-20, 6:05am
Now that I am looking through these forums I guess my problem isn't so original. I ordered from Unlimited Oxygen on March 29th. I paid in full that day. I was told my order would take 60 days or less. We are now a week away from 90 days. At 60 days I emailed, contact us in a week was the response. A week later, I emailed again, contact us in a couple weeks. A couple weeks go by, another email, no answer, another email, no answer, another email, no answer. Finally I got an answer 2 days ago. I was told they are now running at 90 days for orders. That I should have called, "which is something I doubt you have done".

The point of this thread is not to air dirty laundry or point fingers or slam anyone. I just want to find out when I will get my machine. The last email I got from Jack left a very bad feeling in my stomach. I bought from them because I saw several times that its a very very good product, and I still believe that. But going way beyond the deadline without apology or letting me know what's going on at all is really a crappy way to treat me. I was made to feel like it was my fault for not calling, when in the beginning I asked can we do this all by email and I was told that was not a problem. I don't have easy access to a phone and prefer not to use it.

So now I'm again in this limbo, I asked will I have my machine next week since that's the 90 day anniversary and you are running at 90 days? So far, no answer. For me this is a huge purchase and I saved up for it. To have my money out there with no product really has me worried.

To those who have dealt with UO2, will I get my machine? Should I try to get my money back from Paypal? With no real date of delivery from UO2 I am really unsure of what my next move should be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

purpledragonfly
2013-06-20, 6:11am
you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frames.

doraspot
2013-06-20, 6:35am
I would get my money back ASAP. and look elsewhere for someone with some integrity and business ethics. Just sayin.

oxydoc
2013-06-20, 8:42am
[QUOTE=purpledragonfly;4345043]you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frame
This is old news. Anyone who has delt with me knows that we are slow, BUT we are good. We support our equipment for life. Compare LIFE with the wait. It is worth it. Jack

Echobaby1
2013-06-20, 8:53am
I understood that I would have to wait when I purchased and I am ok with waiting...its the waiting with no idea of when I will get the machine that has me concerned. I was told 60 days and that has come and gone. So the fact that there is a wait or that its a fine product isn't what I wanted to find out. I would love to find out how long my wait will now be. Which still hasn't been answered.

And I'm sorry, its not old news to me.

oxydoc
2013-06-20, 9:14am
I understood that I would have to wait when I purchased and I am ok with waiting...its the waiting with no idea of when I will get the machine that has me concerned. I was told 60 days and that has come and gone. So the fact that there is a wait or that its a fine product isn't what I wanted to find out. I would love to find out how long my wait will now be. Which still hasn't been answered.

The reason I have a bad rep is because I have made promises that I couldn't keep. I cannot always give a specific date of completion. I do have yours ready. Jack

oxydoc
2013-06-20, 9:15am

The reason I have a bad rep is because I have made promises that I couldn't keep. I cannot always give a specific date of completion. I do have yours ready. Jack

Jennefer
2013-06-20, 9:55am
It would help your reputation a great deal if you would stop putting "only a 30 day wait" in your sale threads and your pm's.

istandalone24/7
2013-06-20, 11:11am
yup.
update your website (or even keep an active thread here) regularly, and have it show the current wait times. be they 2 weeks or 6 months.

purpledragonfly
2013-06-20, 12:01pm
[QUOTE=purpledragonfly;4345043]you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frame
This is old news. Anyone who has delt with me knows that we are slow, BUT we are good. We support our equipment for life. Compare LIFE with the wait. It is worth it. Jack

Jack, I have dealt with you. I have no issues with you and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I have your concentrator and wouldn't buy anything else.......even with the wait time. You have been a great help to me over the phone more than once and always a pleasure to speak too.

KJohn
2013-06-20, 3:26pm
I will note that I had some difficulty getting responses to emails, also. I am hard of hearing, so I do not like using the telephone. I found a much better rate of response when using the PM system here on LE, in case anyone needs that.

Otherwise, I will say that when I did receive my machine, it was well-packaged, clean and ready to be used. It is a little workhorse, and I really like the warranty. I would probably buy from Jack just for that, but the price was so good I was extra pleased with my purchase.

I think you can pretty much count on a wait and having to stay on top of things. If the wait doesn't suit you, find another vendor by all means. But, I would make sure that you know what the warranty is. I think fixing these must be a real bear and shipping is expensive. Hope it all works out for you.

smpalmer85
2013-06-22, 6:39pm
Jack should be banned from this website. If someone didn't ship a garage sale item for MONTHS after delivery was paid for and promised I'm pretty sure they would get similar treatment. The fact that the admins look the other way from a self-admitted thief (that's what you are when you take someones money without payment of interest or goods) is ridiculous.

Until people start issuing charge backs on their credit card and he starts getting banned from forums he won't change his business practices.

uncle louie
2013-06-22, 10:08pm
just because he is slow on Shipping doesn't make him a thief.I have bought 2 units from him and like everybody else had to wait but in the end I got a great oxycon with great warranty.and by the way don't the administrators look down on personal attacks like yours?

mewsicmama
2013-06-23, 12:02am
I won an oxycon from him several years ago. Would you believe it is still safely stored as getting my studio set up has been fraught with difficulty. I am proud to say, however, that I now have a natural gas connection (actually two) that are completely run. THAT is a miracle!

I intend to empty out my metal tanker desk with return and use that for torching instead of the workbench I originally planned on. I am fairly short so even standing and torching if I want to it should be OK.

My sister gifted me with a beautiful oak computer desk and I will cut my current crap load and use it instead for computer work. Now that I no longer work outside my home there is probably a lot of stuff I can get rid of that I won't be using any more. Trying to get rid of the hoarding tendency, so may be posting some thing in the garage sale cheap if I think someone else can use it. Hate to throw away something good when someone else could possibly put it to use.

I am getting much closer than I ever thought I would to having a studio! Thank you Jack!

H1JACK3R
2013-06-23, 5:33pm
I've dealt with Jack, to get results, I'd call a lot and stay on top of it.

He provides a good product at a good price.

The customer issues are real, and I don't think banning him would do anyone any good, wouldn't you rather have posts here telling you about what you're getting into?

glaslight
2013-06-23, 7:47pm
I bought my M-10 from Jack and though he is sometimes slow on delivery the Item was well worth the wait. I am very happy with his product and when I'm ready to upgrade I will buy from him again!

Echobaby1
2013-06-24, 1:49pm
I'm wondering what now? Is the oxycon on the way or is there something more I need to do?

I think that everyone is right, I'm sure its a great machine and I will love it when I get it (I will miss the guys at the welding store...:rolleyes: ). But, besides getting my machine I would love to figure out a better system for you Jack. Its obvious from your supporters that you have a great product but everyone that I talk to has some sort of problems with customer service. Would you benefit from a better computer system? Automated emails with time frame notifications? Alarms for you to see when people have been waiting too long so nothing slips through? I'm sure with such a large community of people here there should be a way to help you out so your bad rep can be erased.

So yeah anyway....when am I getting my machine? :-P

dmmcnair
2013-06-24, 3:26pm
I don't believe that Jack needs to be banned. He's not fleecing anyone. Yes Jack needs to keep the community updated on wait times. I'm sure Jack has his own share of issues getting parts required. And it is difficult getting some medical parts. Most businesses that do custom work, will take payment in advance, especially smaller businesses. It's not like Jack has all these oxycons sitting in his place of business and he's sitting on them and just collecting money from people. He's actually refitting these items, waiting on specific parts, etc. He is providing a service to us and at a great cost even though the wait is long.

When I ordered from Jack, I made sure I ordered my unit well before I needed or wanted it. He specifically told me that it was a 90 day wait time. I ordered in October and asked that I have it in February. Well, guess what? I had it in February. I kept up a little communication with him, but didn't hound him. And I got it very quickly after he told me it shipped.

Jack I would suggest that you keep your estimated wait time at 4 to 6 months. At least everyone would be surprised when they get it earlier. Maybe an email to customers to keep them updated on their units would help alleviate the waiting pains.

oxydoc
2013-06-24, 5:09pm
I don't believe that Jack needs to be banned. He's not fleecing anyone. Yes Jack needs to keep the community updated on wait times. I'm sure Jack has his own share of issues getting parts required. And it is difficult getting some medical parts. Most businesses that do custom work, will take payment in advance, especially smaller businesses. It's not like Jack has all these oxycons sitting in his place of business and he's sitting on them and just collecting money from people. He's actually refitting these items, waiting on specific parts, etc. He is providing a service to us and at a great cost even though the wait is long.

When I ordered from Jack, I made sure I ordered my unit well before I needed or wanted it. He specifically told me that it was a 90 day wait time. I ordered in October and asked that I have it in February. Well, guess what? I had it in February. I kept up a little communication with him, but didn't hound him. And I got it very quickly after he told me it shipped.

Jack I would suggest that you keep your estimated wait time at 4 to 6 months. At least everyone would be surprised when they get it earlier. Maybe an email to customers to keep them updated on their units would help alleviate the waiting pains.

I hear you, All good suggestions.

Echobaby1
2013-06-25, 1:36pm
I'm wondering what now? Is the oxycon on the way or is there something more I need to do?

So yeah anyway....when am I getting my machine? :-P

Still wondering what I should do now?

oxydoc
2013-06-25, 3:07pm
Now that I am looking through these forums I guess my problem isn't so original. I ordered from Unlimited Oxygen on March 29th. I paid in full that day. I was told my order would take 60 days or less. We are now a week away from 90 days. At 60 days I emailed, contact us in a week was the response. A week later, I emailed again, contact us in a couple weeks. A couple weeks go by, another email, no answer, another email, no answer, another email, no answer. Finally I got an answer 2 days ago. I was told they are now running at 90 days for orders. That I should have called, "which is something I doubt you have done".

The point of this thread is not to air dirty laundry or point fingers or slam anyone. I just want to find out when I will get my machine. The last email I got from Jack left a very bad feeling in my stomach. I bought from them because I saw several times that its a very very good product, and I still believe that. But going way beyond the deadline without apology or letting me know what's going on at all is really a crappy way to treat me. I was made to feel like it was my fault for not calling, when in the beginning I asked can we do this all by email and I was told that was not a problem. I don't have easy access to a phone and prefer not to use it.

So now I'm again in this limbo, I asked will I have my machine next week since that's the 90 day anniversary and you are running at 90 days? So far, no answer. For me this is a huge purchase and I saved up for it. To have my money out there with no product really has me worried.

To those who have dealt with UO2, will I get my machine? Should I try to get my money back from Paypal? With no real date of delivery from UO2 I am really unsure of what my next move should be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Please call

AKDesigns
2013-06-25, 3:23pm
Please call

Did you not see that she/he doesn't have access to a phone? You quoted the post where they state that. Why can't you just give an answer here or by email? Why is that so difficult?

oxydoc
2013-06-25, 3:25pm
Did you not see that she/he doesn't have access to a phone? You quoted the post where they state that. Why can't you just give an answer here or by email? Why is that so difficult?

You are right. And I did respond via Email.

Echobaby1
2013-06-25, 4:26pm
Nope, I haven't received any email since before I first posted, so where do we go from here?

AKDesigns
2013-06-25, 4:55pm
You are right. And I did respond via Email.

Nope, I haven't received any email since before I first posted, so where do we go from here?

Maybe Jack can use the PM system here to update you instead.

Echobaby1
2013-06-25, 5:08pm
Maybe Jack can use the PM system here to update you instead.

I lurk here enough, that would probably be faster then email, LOL

AKDesigns
2013-06-25, 5:17pm

I have to tell you that you are extremely patient.

istandalone24/7
2013-06-26, 4:03am
i was saying he should keep an updated page either here, on facebook or wherever that states the current build/wait times.
update it once a week....keeps people in the loop.

i'll add my .02, Jack's products are top notch and worth the wait. if it keeps you from paying airgas/haun welding/wherever every week it's worth it.

oxydoc
2013-06-26, 5:55am

I am sending yours out today. I will email you the info

pamw@sacoriver.net
2013-06-26, 7:26am
I am sending yours out today. I will email you the info

Are you sending mine too?

oxydoc
2013-06-26, 1:11pm
Are you sending mine too?

Yes, yours too

oxydoc
2013-06-26, 1:24pm
Jack should be banned from this website. If someone didn't ship a garage sale item for MONTHS after delivery was paid for and promised I'm pretty sure they would get similar treatment. The fact that the admins look the other way from a self-admitted thief (that's what you are when you take someones money without payment of interest or goods) is ridiculous.

Until people start issuing charge backs on their credit card and he starts getting banned from forums he won't change his business practices.

Have you had an experience with UO2 that you would like to share?? OR are you one of these tailgaters who just want to throw gasoline on a fire. You want to call me a thief????? I give away more than you will ever know. I help small individual gatherings with free give aways. I only wish that some of these people would post on people like you, so you would understand what I actually do. By the way, I am not a self admitted Thief!! where the f--- do you get that????

pamw@sacoriver.net
2013-06-26, 1:25pm
Yes, yours too

SWEET!

Echobaby1
2013-06-26, 2:19pm
I did get the invoice for the shipping, was there a tracking number or anything like that so I can watch for it to get here?

oxydoc
2013-06-26, 4:23pm
I did get the invoice for the shipping, was there a tracking number or anything like that so I can watch for it to get here?

I will give you tracking as soon as I get it

loribeads
2013-06-26, 8:58pm
I am having a heck of a time remembering to call you as soon as I wake up, Jack. I'll try to remember first thing in the morning. I am hoping to get a fed ex return ship thing from you so I can return my M15 because it needs a new compressor. If you send me a paypal invoice for the shipping I will pay it right away - To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. - Lori Peterson

istandalone24/7
2013-06-27, 7:39am
jack is no thief....far from it. i've got three of his machines. one of them, i didn't pay for. not even shipping. it was a new product he wanted tested, and i only had to write a review in return.
and i'm not the only one who has been lucky enough to test out his new products when they come out.
he is up front now about the wait.....so idk why people still bitch. just do what he offers on the website, half up front and half when it ships.

this reminds me though, i'm going to update the review threads i made on that oxycon....it's been over 6 months now and it's still rocking out. i run them pretty hard too, dust humid environment.

Jennefer
2013-06-27, 9:01am
People still "bitch" about the wait because Jack has been placing ads on this forum stating “only 30 day wait” and he advised me in a PM that “The unit should ship in 30 days or less”.

Echobaby1
2013-06-27, 11:47am
I agree Jacks website has a very clearly stated wait time. I don't recall seeing the half up front half when its done when I ordered, but at the time I was emailing back and forth with Jack and didn't refer back to the webpage much and it wasn't something he offered in the emails. I trusted his recommendation and believed his deadline in the email so I didn't look again and ordered.

I don't believe what I'm doing is bitching. Yes it states you will need to wait. I was told specifically that *my* order would be done within 60 days. So theres the rub. Did I know I would have to wait yes, I certainly did and agreed to it, 60 days is what I agreed to. So is it bitching to be requesting a whats up with my machine a full month after I should have had it? No. Did I try to do this several times in private before coming here? Yes.

Jennefer is correct, if Jack is stating here and in PM form that its 30 days or less and on the site its up to 12 weeks and in my case 60 days, well folks are bound to be confused and yes a wee bit upset. If you want to call that bitching ok, I guess I don't see it that way.

My hope with this post was to bring light to the fact that there is a communication breakdown somewhere. I really would love to be able to help Jack out in some way with that process. I'm not trying to further the "bad rep" that he has, I think small family businesses are amazing and try to support them when I can.

Automated emails to people who have been waiting. A spreadsheet that flags people who have been waiting over their quoted wait time. Open the spreadsheet every day and find out who is nearing the deadline. Do you need a database that does this? Make all deadlines the same, not 30 for you 60 for you 90 for you, just a flat this is the wait take it or leave it. Don't hedge your bets hoping it will be done sooner. Because of your high number of praises for the machines themselves, I doubt you will lose much business because of the wait time.

Its also really hard to figure out someones tone in an email. I was actually a little taken aback by the email that I got a few weeks ago. I can feel for you, you probably have tons of emails and orders and deadlines and you probably get short tempered yourself sometimes, but for me, its my only oxycon and its a lot of money for me. Maybe remember to take a step back and realize every person isn't trying to be rude or demanding, that we just want an honest answer and maybe we are really concerned that we are getting screwed over and just need reassurance. In that regard, how about an email template that you can fill in the particulars for. Something like Hi <insert name here> Thank you for your patience while we custom build your oxycon. Your machine is on schedule to be delivered <insert time frame here>. I appreciate your business and will contact you with a tracking number the day it ships. Feel free to email or call with any questions or comments. Thanks again......maybe something like that?

Anyway...not bitching, just my opinion from my personal experiences so far.

Raimond
2013-06-27, 12:28pm
Jack does two things very well;
1. Provides a top of the line product with a great warranty,
2. Over-promises on delivery date.

That being said, although it's a tough wait, as the date keeps moving, it's worth the wait.

istandalone24/7
2013-06-27, 1:24pm
with jack being short handed, help-wise i think it's hard for him to do much of anything besides build and ship oxycons.
i do think he should find someone who can keep his website and maybe a thread here and on facebook updated with the current build times, updated weekly.

doing that would not take much of his (or someone else's) time or effort, but would probably go a long way towards making his disgruntled customers rest easier.

i'll not hesitate to buy from him again, but i will order months ahead of time if i can to avoid this issue.

Zeke
2013-06-28, 6:05am
I bought an M20 from Jack. I was given the impression I would have it within 60 days. It took longer, about another month. I traded emails with Jack about the delivery date and made clear my displeasure. I will admit I was getting frustrated with the wait and the vague communication we were having.

That said, once I received my oxycon, the frustration disappeared. It is what I ordered, it works great and the price was fantastic. If I have the need for another oxycon, I will buy from Jack in a second knowing full well it will take a few months to get my equipment. Jack is a standup guy who in an effort to provide a great service to his clients, gets in over his head and provides the opposite. He may compromise on delivery times but he doesn't compromise on the quality of the equipment he sells; it is top notch.

I can understand how people get upset that they aren't getting their equipment in a timely manner, from a customer perspective, they paid but they didn't get the equipment they paid for. To the customer it seems shady, but trust me and the other happy customers, it isn't. If you can wait some time, just give him a chance, you will be happy in the end. If you don't there are others who provide oxycons for glasswork, you will get your oxycon in a week or so and pay 2-3 times the price.

loribeads
2013-06-28, 12:50pm
My concentrator has had a knocking sound since I got it. I wish I had known it was caused by a bad compressor at the time. :(

ROC
2013-06-28, 7:08pm

How 'bout mine, Jack?? My first experience with you was great! However, for this machine, I've waited patiently . . . still waiting . . . patiently. (Let's just say I used to think of the new machine as a Christmas present.) Hope to see it soon! :smile:

Raimond
2013-06-28, 7:40pm
That's over 6 months.(I'm so bright my mama called me son).

If this is the entire story then this is approaching criminal too me. There is waiting and then there is Wrong. Jack, you seam to find quick solutions when things are looking bad for your delivery schedule, this is the time to work your magic and make it right.

istandalone24/7
2013-06-29, 4:41am
yup if dude's been waiting since xmas time, that is a tad much.

demcc2
2013-06-29, 5:22am
I bought an M20 from Jack. I was given the impression I would have it within 60 days. It took longer, about another month. I traded emails with Jack about the delivery date and made clear my displeasure. I will admit I was getting frustrated with the wait and the vague communication we were having.

That said, once I received my oxycon, the frustration disappeared. It is what I ordered, it works great and the price was fantastic. If I have the need for another oxycon, I will buy from Jack in a second knowing full well it will take a few months to get my equipment. Jack is a standup guy who in an effort to provide a great service to his clients, gets in over his head and provides the opposite. He may compromise on delivery times but he doesn't compromise on the quality of the equipment he sells; it is top notch.

I can understand how people get upset that they aren't getting their equipment in a timely manner, from a customer perspective, they paid but they didn't get the equipment they paid for. To the customer it seems shady, but trust me and the other happy customers, it isn't. If you can wait some time, just give him a chance, you will be happy in the end. If you don't there are others who provide oxycons for glasswork, you will get your oxycon in a week or so and pay 2-3 times the price.

There are other somewhat similar products out there but no, they're definitely not 2 x 3 times more expensive.

doraspot
2013-06-29, 6:31am
How 'bout mine, Jack?? My first experience with you was great! However, for this machine, I've waited patiently . . . still waiting . . . patiently. (Let's just say I used to think of the new machine as a Christmas present.) Hope to see it soon! :smile:

A Christmas order from
2012 ?? REALLY 2012

Since when do people have to accept this type of deceiptful behavior as the norm. why do we have to come here and post our bad experiences just to get attention. It is a last ditch effort to find out if and when anyone will help resolve the situation that we have been put in. WOW ! Hard to believe

ROC
2013-06-29, 6:40am
A Christmas order from
2012 ?? REALLY 2012

Sorry to say, yep. Which I really don't understand, because the one I ordered a couple of years ago arrived within the 90 day timeframe.

doraspot
2013-06-29, 7:49am
Sorry to say, yep. Which I really don't understand, because the one I ordered a couple of years ago arrived within the 90 day timeframe.

Here is the law by the Federal Trade Commisiom that regulates these types of
situations where customers are being Fleeced. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

menty666
2013-06-29, 8:15am
This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on and on...

ROC
2013-06-29, 2:34pm
Here is the law by the Federal Trade Commisiom that regulates these types of
situations where customers are being Fleeced. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ouch. Jack really should read this and rethink a few things.

LarryC
2013-06-29, 2:49pm
This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on and on...

Rinse....Repeat...Rinse....Repeat. Do a search its all been said hundreds of times already. If you dont like how he does business dont buy from him. These threads gets tiring.

Echobaby1
2013-06-29, 7:24pm
Rinse....Repeat...Rinse....Repeat. Do a search its all been said hundreds of times already. If you dont like how he does business dont buy from him. These threads gets tiring.

I'm a little flabbergasted by this attitude. If the problem is still there after tons of threads then maybe it should be addressed? Or should it be swept under the rug as, "Oh thats how he does business?" Excuses for bad behavior doesn't make the behavior acceptable.

No I didn't do a search on this business before I bought. I saw the ad in the sidebar and clicked it. These threads don't come up on his website. I trusted the fact that he was here on these forums and didn't think I would have the troubles that I have had.

I have tried through a few posts to ask how I could help the situation. I have seen others do the same. Thank you for your suggestion to not buy from Jack, I guess that is how you are helping these sorts of situations?

Raimond
2013-06-29, 7:53pm
When someone new comes to the site and learns about an product, then sees a banner advertising that product some trust must be given that the business is in good standing with the site.

It is after they place an order they learn about the repetitive/consistent problems with that company.

No one wants UA too go away, Jack produces a quality product. What people want is an honest delivery date when they place an order and that is what I/we have been asking Jack to address for many months. I too was caught up in this false delivery time practice. That does not change my opinion of the products UA manufactures...

Echobaby1
2013-06-29, 8:04pm
Thank you Raimond for your post, those are my feelings exactly, spoken much better then I could.

LarryC
2013-06-29, 9:47pm
I'm a little flabbergasted by this attitude. If the problem is still there after tons of threads then maybe it should be addressed? Or should it be swept under the rug as, "Oh thats how he does business?" Excuses for bad behavior doesn't make the behavior acceptable.

No I didn't do a search on this business before I bought. I saw the ad in the sidebar and clicked it. These threads don't come up on his website. I trusted the fact that he was here on these forums and didn't think I would have the troubles that I have had.

I have tried through a few posts to ask how I could help the situation. I have seen others do the same. Thank you for your suggestion to not buy from Jack, I guess that is how you are helping these sorts of situations?

Read the past threads. I am not excusing anything. His underquoting delivery estimates is not the only nor the most troubling issue. It is sensible to at least do some simple web searches and research on ANY new business you use. These threads pop up so regularly and have been going on for so long that it is clear that it will not change regardless of what you post. The only recourse consumers really have is to NOT buy.

Echobaby1
2013-06-30, 4:53am
Just so you know, if I were to have searched these forums for "unlimited oxygen", I would have come across on the first page of results mine and another that don't look very good for Jack. Both of which I wouldn't have seen at the time I ordered. Moving beyond that the next post is "Unlimited Oxygen makes the BEST concentrators". Well that would have scored a few points in my buy from column. Scanning quickly through the rest I see a maintenance video, "oh cool, lots of support from the company" So on that first page of hits, I would have seen a total of 1 post that is negative. On the 2nd page, 2 negative threads popped out at me, the 3rd page none. The 4th page a negative from 2009. Would the average person research longer? Not sure. Do the positives singing the praises for Unlimited Oxygen far out weigh the negatives? Casual glance says yes.

Are active up to date threads the very reason to have a forum? Yes. So while I am sorry you had to read the same thread type again and it was very tiring for you, I hope other people will see it and whatever resolution comes from this to help make their informed decision. I would also encourage all others to speak up and make threads as well. So that future generations of little lampworkers are saved the terrible fate of blowing on their flame to get it hotter when the oxycon still doesn't arrive. :neutral:

ROC
2013-06-30, 6:37am
Read the past threads. I am not excusing anything. His underquoting delivery estimates is not the only nor the most troubling issue. It is sensible to at least do some simple web searches and research on ANY new business you use. These threads pop up so regularly and have been going on for so long that it is clear that it will not change regardless of what you post. The only recourse consumers really have is to NOT buy.

I'm well aware of the problems here with Jack. However, I had a GREAT first experience so I ordered again from him, knowing the history. I really didn't expect to still be waiting after six months.

Unfortunately, sometimes bringing things to light in a public way is the only way to get results.

menty666
2013-06-30, 11:53am
The only person who can address it, really, is Jack. Folks keep buying from him despite problem after problem after problem and he's not getting his sh** together to fix the issues.

People shouldn't be surprised when their order goes pear shaped.

So when another month goes by and there's another set of threads on "where's my oxy con? I tried to do this privately but it's been 6 months" you just want to point at the poster and laugh at them for being so foolish as to do business with him in the first place. We need an "I told you so" emoticon.

LarryC
2013-06-30, 12:26pm
The only person who can address it, really, is Jack. Folks keep buying from him despite problem after problem after problem and he's not getting his sh** together to fix the issues.

People shouldn't be surprised when their order goes pear shaped.

So when another month goes by and there's another set of threads on "where's my oxy con? I tried to do this privately but it's been 6 months" you just want to point at the poster and laugh at them for being so foolish as to do business with him in the first place. We need an "I told you so" emoticon.

Right on point, Tom. As long as people keep buying, regardless of what is posted here, he has zero reason to change anything. I run tanked and I dont sell concentrators so I really dont have an interest beyond wondering why this continues.

Silver Moon Lampwork
2013-06-30, 2:47pm
He should probably stop taking orders until he gets caught up with the ones he already has. When you find yourself so deep in a hole that you can't get out, the first thing you should do is stop digging. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hand over any money to help fund this operation. Sooner or later the bottom will fall out.

tbone
2013-07-01, 10:06am
No one wants UA too go away, Jack produces a quality product. What people want is an honest delivery date when they place an order

That hits the nail on the head. Being on a strict budget in my quest to build my studio I really wanted to buy an M20 from jack since the price is right and based on all the reviews I've seen he makes a great product. This decision was made with the knowledge that I would have a long wait time. What deterred me was his response to my email asking for even a rough estimate of wait time as I thought that *maybe* a smaller unit like an M20 would have a lesser wait than say a hurricane or other large unit. Had he responded even saying 12+ weeks my order would have been placed last week. Instead my question was completely ignored and the response didn't even acknowledge that I asked the question.

This plus the responses from jack to customers having problems with his service was enough for me to change my mind and order from someone else. I run a service based business and wouldn't even think of saying these things to the same people ordering from me and keeping my business and my livelihood afloat.

You can take this reply as you wish but honestly my intent is not to beat a dead horse, but rather to give honest insight as to my experience as a potential customer. If every customer I've lost for whatever reason gave me a detailed reason why they chose not to do business with me I'd be a happy camper, so that's what I'm doing here.

Sbaddley
2013-07-01, 1:54pm
I just received 2 M15's this morning.

Was the price great? Yes
Did it take longer than I expected? Yes
Do they work well? Yes
Would I do it again? Yes

Raimond
2013-07-02, 12:43pm
Jack closed his sale ad, too many customer's inquiring about late shipments?
Or it could be the sale is over...

Either way, having a sale with undelivered/overdue "paid for" orders... Not how I would do business.

istandalone24/7
2013-07-02, 12:55pm
yes the last thing i'd do is to place an order (sale price or not) when there are people have been waiting 6 months or whatever.

suffice to say, i'm glad that i know where to get parts to rebuild my machines.

oxydoc
2013-07-02, 3:25pm
Jack closed his sale ad, too many customer's inquiring about late shipments?
Or it could be the sale is over...

Either way, having a sale with undelivered/overdue "paid for" orders... Not how I would do business.

The sale was for June. This is July. Besides that, the sales ad is not the place to voice your concerns. That is what the Customer Service Kiosk is for.

Echobaby1
2013-07-02, 3:49pm
Emailed you with no response. Where is my tracking number?

Raimond
2013-07-02, 6:07pm
The sale was for June. This is July. Besides that, the sales ad is not the place to voice your concerns. That is what the Customer Service Kiosk is for.

That is exactly what I said in my post. Having a sale (in a "protected thread") and promising the same time frames of delivery that you are not currently meeting is, to me, misleading new customers.
I am only pointing out what others are saying...
I suggested some changes in your business practices months ago, like "under promise and over deliver", you agreed and so far...

Here's what I'm saying Jack. You have the best product but you're not the only business in town, people should know what to expect when they place an order thus become your customer.

oxydoc
2013-07-03, 1:54pm
I've seen he makes a great product.

Raimond
2013-07-03, 2:06pm
Jack,
You used to debate better than this.
If you're going to quote other people then make sure you give them credit, it looks as if you're making these statements which I know is not the case.

No-one is questioning your products, it's the delivery times that people are concerned with.

Jack, Please just state 4-6 months, then people can plan accordingly and will be happy to get it early or at least on-time...

AKDesigns
2013-07-03, 2:15pm

Jack, did you give this person their tracking number?

debkauz
2013-07-03, 2:17pm
You won't get a great response from Jack. You won't get your oxycon when he promises you will. You WILL however get a great product when it arrives. I have 3 oxycons from them and wouldn't trade them for the world. Two of them were purchases and the 3rd was a donation that I won!!! Just be patient because you'll be quite happy when it gets there.

oxydoc
2013-07-03, 5:52pm
Jack,
You used to debate better than this.
If you're going to quote other people then make sure you give them credit, it looks as if you're making these statements which I know is not the case.

No-one is questioning your products, it's the delivery times that people are concerned with.

Jack, Please just state 4-6 months, then people can plan accordingly and will be happy to get it early or at least on-time...

I was simply making the quiet statement that every negative comment contains a positive and every positive comment contains a negative. I do not intend to debate this with you or anyone else. And I do not intend to post my turn around time at 4 to 6 months. I do intend, however, to improve my turnaround time drastically. I am working with a couple large glass and torch suppliers who will be able to place larger orders with me, giving me a lot more buying power. This will help me clear up older orders quickly. I have taken all the time in the past, trying to explain why and how these orders take time. I have explained that I combine all orders to place my own. Sometimes that means I have to save order payments for weeks before I have enough to make my orders. Some of vendors have 2000.00 minimums, some have less. If I have a slow week or 2 which we all do, It can be a month before I can buy equipment. Meanwhile, I have customers calling and wanting a date for completion of their order. Which is something I encourage. But, it is extremely difficult simply due to the nature of the orders coming in. So I get myself in trouble trying to guess a date or trying to tell the customer something to go on. The only real answer for this entire situation is to have more buying power, more man power and more equipment. My techs can build units daily. Imagine how quick I could catch up if I could double the output. Unfortunately, I cannot keep that much equipment coming into the shop. We have been doing this a lot of years and it works. It just depends completely on the timing. I swear I will fix it. Jack

menty666
2013-07-03, 9:02pm
That's the thing though, folks love your product...once they get it. And the once they get it end of things has been generating complaints for a very long time. You've promised time and time again to fix the issues but haven't.

Go back and look for threads started for your company on here, there have been a lot of them full of angry people looking for their product, dragging on for a couple of weeks before can finally get a product to them.

I get you have supply chain issues, that's a problem, but maybe you need to look for other vendors or something.

I could ring up my local Lindcare, ask if they have an off spec machine and bribe a tech to tweak the inner regulator and replace the beds in it faster than it would take to order from you. I know you do more than that to the machines which is why it drives me nuts to see these threads SO often. Like I said, you seem to deliver a good product, but you totally screw it up on the delivery end by overextending yourself.

AKDesigns
2013-07-03, 10:21pm

Jack, did you give this person their tracking number?

mewsicmama
2013-07-03, 10:28pm
<echo echo echo echo>

AKDesigns
2013-07-03, 10:29pm
<echo echo echo echo>

:)

oxydoc
2013-07-04, 5:15am
That's the thing though, folks love your product...once they get it. And the once they get it end of things has been generating complaints for a very long time. You've promised time and time again to fix the issues but haven't.

Go back and look for threads started for your company on here, there have been a lot of them full of angry people looking for their product, dragging on for a couple of weeks before can finally get a product to them.

I get you have supply chain issues, that's a problem, but maybe you need to look for other vendors or something.

I could ring up my local Lindcare, ask if they have an off spec machine and bribe a tech to tweak the inner regulator and replace the beds in it faster than it would take to order from you. I know you do more than that to the machines which is why it drives me nuts to see these threads SO often. Like I said, you seem to deliver a good product, but you totally screw it up on the delivery end by overextending yourself.

Well said and I agree. I am trying to fix it as you can see.

istandalone24/7
2013-07-04, 5:56am
why isn't it as simple as updateing your website, or a thread here, or on facebook....update it once a week with current wait/build times.

it should be as easy as that.

disneymama
2013-07-04, 6:56am
I like the new changes on the website and I hope that using distributors will help UOs supply chain problems. Personally, I can't wait to get my M20... Scratch that... I've waited patiently. My "30 day" wait is at 90 days currently. I hope to one day come back to this thread or similar threads and say that the long wait was worth it.

Raimond
2013-07-04, 10:32am
Here's the issue with the changes. When you add a distributor to the mix, prices go up. I hope this is not the case but companies need to make a profit too.

Tillie
2013-07-04, 11:55am
What about Roc's? He's been waiting since before Christmas of last year? If he was expecting it for a Christmas present, that means he obviously ordered it in Sept or Oct, 2012, according to your usual wait time. That's coming up on ONE YEAR. And no, I've never ordered from you, and probably won't.

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 7:05am
What about Roc's? He's been waiting since before Christmas of last year? If he was expecting it for a Christmas present, that means he obviously ordered it in Sept or Oct, 2012, according to your usual wait time. That's coming up on ONE YEAR. And no, I've never ordered from you, and probably won't.

She ordered hers on Dec 27. And yes, that is much to long. The order was misplace because of 3 different names on the order. Her husband's name was on the order. The check that was sent was in a completely different name and the girl who called and followed up was also a different name. We just lost the order, found the order and delivered. 6 months is far to long. I paid her shipping and delivered the item. Jack

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 7:07am
Here's the issue with the changes. When you add a distributor to the mix, prices go up. I hope this is not the case but companies need to make a profit too.

You are absolutely right. I knew the prices would go up if I involved distributors. Which is why I have tried to make it work without them. But, because of my lag time and impatient people, I have no choice but to get help. Jack

istandalone24/7
2013-07-05, 7:51am
imho, it's great that you're doing what you need to do. i think even if prices do go up a bit (hopefully not too terribly high), but delivery times are drastically shortened, it'll work out great for you, and i wish you nothing but the best of luck in this new endeavor.

one thing is certain, regardless of all the issues with delivery time, you have a huge base of loyal customers, me included. the product has always been top notch.

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 8:08am
imho, it's great that you're doing what you need to do. i think even if prices do go up a bit (hopefully not too terribly high), but delivery times are drastically shortened, it'll work out great for you, and i wish you nothing but the best of luck in this new endeavor.

one thing is certain, regardless of all the issues with delivery time, you have a huge base of loyal customers, me included. the product has always been top notch.

Thank you, so much. It means a lot to me. jack

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 8:17am
Did Arryn and Pam did their oxycons shipped out and receive their tracking numbers for shipment on 6/26 like you said....or not? Since you have just been ignoring my repeated questions I'm going to have to assume they did not get shipped out on 6/26.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 8:37am
What is it to you? Do you have some connection or you just want to keep stirring the UO2 pot? Call them and ask, if you are really that concerned.

Asking if you shipped orders out is stirring the pot? Either you did or you didn't. It looks like you didn't.

menty666
2013-07-05, 8:39am
Probably another of those "impatient people". Expecting to get an order within the timeline advertised, the fools!

pamw@sacoriver.net
2013-07-05, 9:02am
I got mine last week...So excited!

Pam

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 9:03am
I got mine last week...So excited!

Pam

Yea! That just leaves Arryn then.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-05, 9:04am
Jack, I did as you requested and emailed you my information.

I haven't received word back, or the refund.

Should I re-send it?

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 11:43am
Did Arryn and Pam did their oxycons shipped out and receive their tracking numbers for shipment on 6/26 like you said....or not? Since you have just been ignoring my repeated questions I'm going to have to assume they did not get shipped out on 6/26.

I have not received an oxycon. I received a tracking number 2 days ago which as of two minutes ago when I checked showed that it still has not entered the ups system. Upon research I find out this is most likely because it has not been shipped and is still sitting at Jacks shop.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 11:54am
I have not received an oxycon. I received a tracking number 2 days ago which as of two minutes ago when I checked showed that it still has not entered the ups system. Upon research I find out this is most likely because it has not been shipped and is still sitting at Jacks shop.

So what is the date of the tracking you received? Was it created on 6/26 which is the day Jack said it would be shipped out?

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 12:06pm
From the UPS site the label was created on 7/3/13. The tracking says this

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

squid
2013-07-05, 1:09pm
What is your point?? Trouble making?? If you are really concerned, why don't you contact them?? Why do it post it here on the open forum??? EVERYONE knows I am slow. Is this something new???? What is your motive?? Is it to help or HURT?????

She's a moderator - she's just trying to help your customer. And if someone keeps asking, maybe you'll stop lying. It's too bad really that you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 1:30pm
What is your point?? Trouble making?? If you are really concerned, why don't you contact them?? Why do it post it here on the open forum??? EVERYONE knows I am slow. Is this something new???? What is your motive?? Is it to help or HURT?????

At this point its not about being slow Jack, its about you flat out lied to me. You didn't hedge your bets you didn't have to wait on a part, you lied about putting a package in the mail.

I don't deserve to be lied to. You Jack are not the victim here, I am. Anywhere along this trip an apology would have been nice.

Sbaddley
2013-07-05, 1:32pm
Looks like it is the people slamming Jack--many of them not even his customers--that shot those of us willing to put up with the wait in the foot. Thanks for costing us a couple hundred dollars more per unit.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 1:34pm

Just getting clarification on her order. She posted this thread to get help on her order and I'm helping as best as I can. If I could ship it out for her myself I could.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 1:35pm
Looks like it is the people slamming Jack--many of them not even his customers--that shot those of us willing to put up with the wait in the foot. Thanks for costing us a couple hundred dollars more per unit.

Jack did that himself.

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 1:36pm

I was willing to put up with the wait, its the lies that I won't put up with.

Sbaddley
2013-07-05, 1:44pm
I don't have a problem with his customers airing dirty laundry--it is the self-confessed non -customers piling on that I object to.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 1:49pm
I don't have a problem with his customers airing dirty laundry--it is the self-confessed non -customers piling on that I object to.

Well that's what happens when you have thread after thread and post after post of unhappy customers that could have been satisfied with some simple communication. Don't blame anyone else for this except Jack. You're very new to our community so you probably don't know that we do tend to help each other out and watch each others backs and stick up for one another. It's always been that way and it always will be that way.

KJohn
2013-07-05, 1:56pm

This. Not getting on anyone who is trying to advocate. This is an open thread that has been airing out the difficulties some have faced. But, the same unit will now cost almost $200 more and still probably take four to six weeks. Yuck.

Sbaddley
2013-07-05, 2:03pm
I've been on long enough to appreciate the way everyone watches out for each other--although I have seen some pretty heated arguments. I hope that because I've only been on for four or five months that I'm still entitled to share my opinion (especially as a satisfied customer--not a shill) of UO. I was told most opinions were welcome unless they involved religion or politics.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 2:47pm
I've been on long enough to appreciate the way everyone watches out for each other--although I have seen some pretty heated arguments. I hope that because I've only been on for four or five months that I'm still entitled to share my opinion (especially as a satisfied customer--not a shill) of UO. I was told most opinions were welcome unless they involved religion or politics.

I never said your opinion wasn't welcome but you were basically telling me mine wasn't. :lol:

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 2:48pm
Since this thread is all about Arryn trying to get a delivery date, I'd like her to actually get an answer from Jack.

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 3:26pm
I was willing to put up with the wait, its the lies that I won't put up with.

I am more than willing to give you a refund. I have your unit ready, I have your shipping label paid for and printed. UPS did not pick up here today. Enough said. I only owe you and you alone an explaination. Just say what you want. THERE ARE NO LIES HERE

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 3:30pm
I never said your opinion wasn't welcome but you were basically telling me mine wasn't. :lol:

You really should have an experience with a vendor, before posting on that vendor. That should be a basic requirement for this forum. Otherwise your post is only opinion or conjecture. Neither one really helps anyone.

Reenie
2013-07-05, 3:50pm
I have experience with you jack. Would you like me to copy and paste my thread here? Its not only a time issue with you it is lies After lies After lies. You promise to ship, you say you already shipped, you say you gave refunds, and they were all lies! Do u have a great product? You are not the only one. Call me crazy but paying for a unit and not getting it for 6 months is just wrong!

I know a compamy with two to four week ship time, brass fittings not plastic....and never broken!!! Exvellent communication anf he doesn't treat the customer like the criminal!!!!

And Amy is a mod on this site. She has a right to question if you are a competent business person or to pull your Ad!!!!
You want to raise prices, do it. Other fish in the sea!!!!

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 4:00pm
jack is no thief....far from it. i've got three of his machines. one of them, i didn't pay for. not even shipping. it was a new product he wanted tested, and i only had to write a review in return.
and i'm not the only one who has been lucky enough to test out his new products when they come out.
he is up front now about the wait.....so idk why people still bitch. just do what he offers on the website, half up front and half when it ships.

this reminds me though, i'm going to update the review threads i made on that oxycon....it's been over 6 months now and it's still rocking out. i run them pretty hard too, dust humid environment.

Cool, we are waiting on your review

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 4:01pm
you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frames.

Truly said

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 4:03pm
There are no lies here? Really?

You stated in this forum that my machine was ready on the 20th, why didn't it get sent out then?

You stated you had tried to contact me via email. You had not.

You stated it would be shipped on the 26th, I paid for the shipping that morning as soon as you sent me a bill, I think it was 6am ish. Why wasn't it shipped that day?

You finally gave me a tracking number on the 3rd, why wasn't it shipped that day?

Today is the 5th, it is still not shipped.

Yes, you owe me an explanation. You owe me a few apologies, you owe me the common courtesy of treating me like a customer instead of an inconvenience. And yes you owe me what I bought and paid for 98 days ago, a M20.

I never asked for a refund, I am asking to be treated like someone who had been saving since January to make this purchase. This is my life that's being mucked up. I don't deserve the way you have treated me, with such casual disregard.

Please just take a step back from the computer and realize that I am a human being with a family to support, who just wanted to try and make a little extra money selling her glass.

Make this right. You are the only one who can.

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 4:03pm
[QUOTE=oxydoc;4345123]

Jack, I have dealt with you. I have no issues with you and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I have your concentrator and wouldn't buy anything else.......even with the wait time. You have been a great help to me over the phone more than once and always a pleasure to speak too.

Thank you

Surrealle
2013-07-05, 4:27pm
"You finally gave me a tracking number on the 3rd, why wasn't it shipped that day?

Today is the 5th, it is still not shipped. "

Not to play devils advocate here but there's a big ole holiday between the 3rd and the 5th (which UPS observes) so it's not really unreasonable for there to be a shipping delay within that time frame..

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 4:32pm
Not to play devils advocate here but there's a big ole holiday between the 3rd and the 5th, so it's not really unreasonable for there to be a shipping delay within that time frame..

How about from the 26th (the day Jack said it was shipping) to the 5th?

Surrealle
2013-07-05, 4:37pm
I was speaking of between the third and the fifth. Hence the "within that time frame".

Echobaby1
2013-07-05, 4:39pm
I was speaking of between the third and the fifth. Hence the "within that time frame".

And I do understand that, so yes Jack could have shipped it any number of days and I don't hold it against him (or UPS) for not shipping it on the holiday. I wanted to clarify this has been going on much longer then just the 3rd to the 5th. O:)

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 4:44pm
And I do understand that, so yes Jack could have shipped it any number of days and I don't hold it against him (or UPS) for not shipping it on the holiday. I wanted to clarify this has been going on much longer then just the 3rd to the 5th. O:)

I will carry it to the UPS store tomorrow. You will be able to see their acceptance on the tracking.

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 4:57pm
There are no lies here? Really?

You stated in this forum that my machine was ready on the 20th, why didn't it get sent out then?

You stated you had tried to contact me via email. You had not.

You stated it would be shipped on the 26th, I paid for the shipping that morning as soon as you sent me a bill, I think it was 6am ish. Why wasn't it shipped that day?

You finally gave me a tracking number on the 3rd, why wasn't it shipped that day?

Today is the 5th, it is still not shipped.

Yes, you owe me an explanation. You owe me a few apologies, you owe me the common courtesy of treating me like a customer instead of an inconvenience. And yes you owe me what I bought and paid for 98 days ago, a M20.

I never asked for a refund, I am asking to be treated like someone who had been saving since January to make this purchase. This is my life that's being mucked up. I don't deserve the way you have treated me, with such casual disregard.

Please just take a step back from the computer and realize that I am a human being with a family to support, who just wanted to try and make a little extra money selling her glass.

Make this right. You are the only one who can.

I do owe you an apology for the wait and I am sorry. I do not mean to treat you or anyone else as an inconvenience. It usually takes 3 days from the time I send an invoice for shipping till the money is transferred into my UPS account. I don't know if this is what happened or not. You are right, I sometimes don't see the real individual behind the order. I hope it is not to late for you to get something good out of this bad transaction. I would like to give you the M20 free for your trouble. I would like to refund your money back after you receive it and love it. Maybe this will help you and your family. jack

Surrealle
2013-07-05, 5:06pm
Jack, I know you're busy and I'm sorry to ask this here, but could you respond to my last pm when you get a chance please? Even if it's just to say no.

Thanks

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 5:38pm
Jack, I know you're busy and I'm sorry to ask this here, but could you respond to my last pm when you get a chance please? Even if it's just to say no.

Thanks

Sorry, I will

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 5:40pm
Just getting clarification on her order. She posted this thread to get help on her order and I'm helping as best as I can. If I could ship it out for her myself I could.

I owe you an apology as well. I do realize you are just looking after a friend. I am sorry for questioning you on that.

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 5:42pm
I owe you an apology as well. I do realize you are just looking after a friend. I am sorry for questioning you on that.

Accepted. But I only got to know Arryn through this thread. Just looking out of a fellow lampworker.

Just to clarify ....I don't have the super powers to pull vendor ads.

Reenie
2013-07-05, 6:13pm
sorry doesn't mean anything for the people who waited. When a person says sorry they learn from that mistake they don't keep making the same mistake over and over again.That word means nothing when It's
not followed by action. It's a cop out to save face. Now to see you have to take the machine to UPS tomorrow proves that. UPS would not have missed up a pick up and if they did, once, but certainly not twice!

H1JACK3R
2013-07-05, 6:29pm
Jack, I did as you requested and emailed you my information.

I haven't received word back, or the refund.

Should I re-send it?

^^

ROC
2013-07-05, 6:32pm
Yes, I received the M-20 on Wednesday and unpacked it today. Jack, please resend your PM regarding the filters. I got a reply but it only had the old PM's quoted with nothing new. Thanks. Can't wait to get it hooked up!

Tillie
2013-07-05, 7:08pm

If this was directed at me for asking about Roc's oxycon, I was just wondering if it had been delivered. I was not "piling on" anyone. I asked about her's and Jack replied...no one got ugly about my post or his. Thank you for answering me, Jack.=D>

AKDesigns
2013-07-05, 7:20pm
Jack, can you take are of H1JACK3R now please?

menty666
2013-07-05, 7:49pm
I am more than willing to give you a refund. I have your unit ready, I have your shipping label paid for and printed. UPS did not pick up here today. Enough said. I only owe you and you alone an explaination. Just say what you want. THERE ARE NO LIES HERE

Really? There's this

Truly said

But earlier on Jack himself admits he isn't a one man show. (emphasis added)

I was simply making the quiet statement that every negative comment contains a positive and every positive comment contains a negative. I do not intend to debate this with you or anyone else. And I do not intend to post my turn around time at 4 to 6 months. I do intend, however, to improve my turnaround time drastically. I am working with a couple large glass and torch suppliers who will be able to place larger orders with me, giving me a lot more buying power. This will help me clear up older orders quickly. I have taken all the time in the past, trying to explain why and how these orders take time. I have explained that I combine all orders to place my own. Sometimes that means I have to save order payments for weeks before I have enough to make my orders. Some of vendors have 2000.00 minimums, some have less. If I have a slow week or 2 which we all do, It can be a month before I can buy equipment. Meanwhile, I have customers calling and wanting a date for completion of their order. Which is something I encourage. But, it is extremely difficult simply due to the nature of the orders coming in. So I get myself in trouble trying to guess a date or trying to tell the customer something to go on. The only real answer for this entire situation is to have more buying power, more man power and more equipment. My techs can build units daily. Imagine how quick I could catch up if I could double the output. Unfortunately, I cannot keep that much equipment coming into the shop. We have been doing this a lot of years and it works. It just depends completely on the timing. I swear I will fix it. Jack

oxydoc
2013-07-05, 8:20pm
Really? There's this

But earlier on Jack himself admits he isn't a one man show. (emphasis added)

I never said I didn't have helpers. Look at my website. I have pictures of my crew right on my site!!!. I call my company "a small family owned business." Not a One Man Business. One man show is just simply a descriptor for someone who has too much on his plate. Not a lie, just agreeing with someone else's statement. If you have ever called here you would have talked to my wife or my brother Dave, who both help me answer the phones. My Sister Jul does most of the paperwork. I have 3 part timers who come in when needed. Lie? no.

Surrealle
2013-07-05, 8:20pm
Menty, there are a lot of other parts of that statement he could have been agreeing with, not necessarily the one man show part. I think you're digging a little too deep on that one.

patienthand
2013-07-06, 5:41am
I dont have a dog in this fight. I am trying to be helpful, not bash.

perhaps, rather than have folks funds sit for long periods of time while you wait to make a large order... might it not be better to have a wait list, with a small down payment, and an understanding. each customer gets a consecutive order number when down payment is made. they could watch the web site and know how close their order number was to the top of the stack, and how fast orders are going out etc. Then about a week before they are expected to ship, an invoice can be sent for the remainder of the funds. They have like 3 days from notification to send the remaining funds, if not the next on the list gets it, and they go down a notch on the wait list.

I totally understand being a small biz, I have walked in those shoes. Economic times are tough and everyone is working on a tight margin. But it seems to me the customers payment in full is being used as working capital, to order supplies needed etc. The long wait is pissing people off, and hurting your biz. If its a 90 day cycle of cash float thats killing you, and the good will of your clients. perhaps a 90 day bank loan would solve a boat load of your problems. IN the past I have taken a letter if intent from a big contract to the bank and borrowed short term to buy serious supplies, like pallets of glass and cases and cases of electrodes. It allowed me to get supplies in bulk and save money, and it helped with the 30 days of most companies billing cycles.

Sure took boat loads of stress of of me until I could build up a cash reserve and didnt need the 90 day float any more

istandalone24/7
2013-07-06, 6:02am
it doesn't matter now...all this spec is useless because jack is now using distributors, which should solve both his and the customers issues.
now if only we knew how much of a price increase there is.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-06, 6:38am
Jack, can you take are of H1JACK3R now please?

Thank you.

And yes, please.

AKDesigns
2013-07-06, 8:03am
Thank you.

And yes, please.

What is the refund for? Is it for the shipping you paid for the M20 you were going to test and never got?

doraspot
2013-07-06, 8:25am
Time to STOP having a sale every 30 days where a delivery is promised just to get enough money to complete the stagnate 90+ day old orders. This is a ponzi scheme at best. When the operation bottoms out how much money will be lost and not retrieveable. Your business ethics speaks volumes.
People do come here to get information and buy supplies that help them.
Your actions leave a bad taste in everyones mouth on a otherwise reputable website.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-06, 10:15am
What is the refund for? Is it for the shipping you paid for the M20 you were going to test and never got?

Yes, I prepaid 52 dollars shipping for a tester mini-20.

Jack, you discontinued it without ever contacting me. When I attempted to contact you about it, you said you sold the tester units, and that you'd refund it and never did.

I then left several voice messages for you, which you never returned.

When I said something on this forum, you said not to do that, and to email you.

So I emailed you, kept it short and gave you my return PP info (although, all you really need to do is go into your transactions and hit the 'refund' button). You never replied.

Since then, you have promised a different tester unit to someone else.

It's not a lot of money, and it's honestly ridiculous that I've had to make this many attempts at contact.

I enjoy your product, but after all this, I don't think I'd be a customer in the future.

I wish this wasn't the case.

oxydoc
2013-07-06, 10:38am
Yes, I prepaid 52 dollars shipping for a tester mini-20.

Jack, you discontinued it without ever contacting me. When I attempted to contact you about it, you said you sold the tester units, and that you'd refund it and never did.

I then left several voice messages for you, which you never returned.

When I said something on this forum, you said not to do that, and to email you.

So I emailed you, kept it short and gave you my return PP info (although, all you really need to do is go into your transactions and hit the 'refund' button). You never replied.

Since then, you have promised a different tester unit to someone else.

It's not a lot of money, and it's honestly ridiculous that I've had to make this many attempts at contact.

I enjoy your product, but after all this, I don't think I'd be a customer in the future.

I wish this wasn't the case.

Your choice Dylan, And I respect that. You have to understand, when I have a unit for testing, the are certain aspects that I have to consider. And they are FREE. Even tho you did pay shipping on the unit, I did not require it. You volunteered it. The money in my PayPal account was transferred into my bank account. I have to transfer the money back into my PayPal account, before I can give you a refund. PLEASE have al little patience. You and I have always worked very well together. I gave you free shipping on the last unit you bought. You can go elsewhere and buy your units. Just give a chance to refund your shipping.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-06, 10:49am
Jack, you sold the tester units, which is questionable itself.

You since have offered out another tester, without fulfilling your previous promise to me.

This, I find to be the most deplorable.

Paypal requires you to have either a credit card, debit card, or bank account linked for transactions. If the money was transferred to you bank account, it could as easily, be transferred back.

I've been more than patient.

Reenie
2013-07-06, 3:13pm
for the love of God! So tired of excuses. Your customers should not have to be patient. You as a business owner should be doing what is required of all businesses.... Taking care of the customer!
transfer of funds only takes a few days at most. He should have had it long time ago....but then again you only act on things after they are
made public.

AKDesigns
2013-07-06, 3:16pm
Jack, there is no change at all in Arryn's tracking number. Nothing is recorded at all. Did you take her package to the UPS store today?

H1JACK3R
2013-07-07, 8:23am
I got my refund.

AKDesigns
2013-07-07, 9:31am
I got my refund.

Yea!

I still don't see any change in Arryn's tracking number.

Echobaby1
2013-07-07, 1:11pm
Day 100. Status on package never changed over this weekend. I'm hoping for an update here.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-08, 9:06am
I hope things get resolved for you soon.

Maybe it will finally ship today?

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 12:59pm
Jack, can you give Arryn an update please. There is still no change in the label you created.

oxydoc
2013-07-08, 1:42pm
Her update can be obtained after 5pm.

oxydoc
2013-07-08, 2:58pm
Hey Corri, please pull my ad and my membership. I will not have your moderators representing my customers and questioning my honesty. Any thing I may owe, please invoice me.

demcc2
2013-07-08, 3:36pm
I should have probably left the last message to Amy et al but I'd like to add the following:

Jack, don't you think it would have been more professional on your behalf if your approached Corri directly (in a message) rather than addressing her here, in front of everyone? Maybe this is my mistake and this is how you wanted to do it...I've been wrong before.

To everyone else, if me posting this was wrong and has caused any discord please accept my apologies.

Peace

Duane

oxydoc
2013-07-08, 4:05pm
I should have probably left the last message to Amy et al but I'd like to add the following:

Jack, don't you think it would have been more professional on your behalf if your approached Corri directly (in a message) rather than addressing her here, in front of everyone? Maybe this is my mistake and this is how you wanted to do it...I've been wrong before.

To everyone else, if me posting this was wrong and has caused any discord please accept my apologies.

Peace

Duane

Why not?? everyone else has done everything on this page. I would have preferred to handle most of this in private. Don't you think it would have been more professional for more than half of these post to be PM?? For you info, I did try to contact Corri PM, with no response. Jack

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 4:08pm
Yea! The tracking number just showed movement with a delivery date of 7/11. :)

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 4:18pm
Do You DO this for EVERY CUSTOMER ON THIS FORUM????????

Every customer that forks out a lot of money and is waiting 40 days past delivery date. So far it's only happened once and hopefully won't happen again.

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 4:27pm
Not good enough. I don't believe you. I have many customers. Hopefully you will support all of them. Hopefully you can represent every one who has waited for a product they have not yet received. Not just Unlimited Oxygen customers.

You're not making much sense right now. Or maybe I just need some wine. :lol:

Raimond
2013-07-08, 4:28pm
While some still wait for their orders, others are getting refunds on products they have received or at least the shipping they paid.

To revive the dog I had in this fight.
In Oct I ordered two M-20's & paid upfront. While I was waiting for them my mom took ill and passed away in late Nov(thank you again too everyone for the support offered). A few weeks later I asked for a cancellation of my order as I had unexpected bills to settle and my M-20 order was overdue. My request on the phone to a woman was denied. I then, a month or so later had to pay for the shipping of the two M-20's to my house in California. At this point I sold them UN-opened to LWE members not on any waiting list. So, two people got M-20's for the exact same price with zero wait time.

A simple problem with a complex outcome.
If my request had been granted by UO, order canceled and refunded, then two people on the overdue list would have been much happier to see their new machine and it would have been a feather in the UO cap to everyone that was following my situation. Now people will be paying more $ for the product due too Jack choosing to use a middle man and only time will tell if the delivery time frames improve.

A much simpler solution.
If it were my decision to make, I would have opted to change the delivery times promised and offered some compensation to those still waiting (maybe a free upgrade to the next higher model or free shipping). Customers would still be paying the same amount of money, getting the same quality product, waiting the same amount of time except they would not be frustrated about the delivery being two weeks to six months overdue.

And now UO cancels their membership to the finest forum for the hobby/industry. No-one wins here.

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 4:35pm
While some still wait for their orders, others are getting refunds on products they have received or at least the shipping they paid.

And now UO cancels their membership to the finest forum for the hobby/industry. No-one wins here.

I'm not sure which customers you are referring to but if it's H1JACK3R, they paid shipping for an oxycon they were going to test for Jack. They never got it because Jack decided not to sell that product so H1JACK3R was due his shipping refund.

I'm sorry if people have an issue with me stepping in. Actually I'm not sorry really. I'm pretty sure I would have done all of this had I not been a mod here.

gemsinbloom
2013-07-08, 4:35pm
oxydoc, I have never been a customer of yours but I have a good sense from reading the threads , what is really going on here. You just cannot overextend yourself and juggle monies and customers. It will kill a business fast. I feel bad for everyone involved,including yourself. Learn to say no. I must say no at least five times a week to customers who are ready to give me money when I know full well I cannot handle the load.

Just some advice from someone you do not know.

Raimond
2013-07-08, 4:41pm
I'm not sure which customers you are referring to but if it's H1JACK3R, they paid shipping for an oxycon they were going to test for Jack. They never got it because Jack decided not to sell that product so H1JACK3R was due his shipping refund.

I'm sorry if people have an issue with me stepping in. Actually I'm not sorry really. I'm pretty sure I would have done all of this had I not been a mod here.

This is not the only discussion thread..

oxydoc
2013-07-08, 4:41pm
oxydoc, I have never been a customer of yours but I have a good sense from reading the threads , what is really going on here. You just cannot overextend yourself and juggle monies and customers. It will kill a business fast. I feel bad for everyone involved,including yourself. Learn to say no. I must say no at least five times a week to customers who are ready to give me money when I know full well I cannot handle the load.

Just some advice from someone you do not know.

You are right. But I never learned to say no.

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 4:43pm
I am sorry, but I don't see you doing for anyone else. And I think these people can speak for themselves. Without your unnecessary input.

You're deflecting.

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 4:43pm
This is not the only discussion thread..

Don't I know it. :p

gemsinbloom
2013-07-08, 4:45pm
Why not? Look at all the stress it has cost you. In the long run, it costs you cash as well.

You are right. But I never learned to say no.

Raimond
2013-07-08, 4:49pm
Best of luck Jack, I hope to continue seeing your equipment be produced..

CorriDawn
2013-07-08, 5:08pm
Why not?? everyone else has done everything on this page. I would have preferred to handle most of this in private. Don't you think it would have been more professional for more than half of these post to be PM?? For you info, I did try to contact Corri PM, with no response. Jack

I apologize that I did not respond in the hour between when you sent the message and when you posted publicly to the threads. I was not available and did not have access to read or do anything about your PM. I have now done as you requested. Thank you

H1JACK3R
2013-07-08, 6:40pm
Jack,

I don't even know what to say anymore. You're only hurting yourself at this point, not helping.

Instead of quitting, why not stay, and show everyone how you can turn this around?

-

AK,

Thanks for piping up for me, I'm not sure how long that would've gone on if this hadn't happened.

AKDesigns
2013-07-08, 6:46pm
AK,

Thanks for piping up for me, I'm not sure how long that would've gone on if this hadn't happened.

You're very welcome. :)

demcc2
2013-07-08, 7:31pm
Jack I thought my earlier post was very polite and professional just as my last pm to you was.

This whole ordeal could have (SHOULD) have ended up with everyone involved being satisfied. I know you're a very small company as you've stated that numerous times in the past. I reallize manufacturer delays come up now and then. I understand that you have given away numerous oxycons in contests and the like. I believe all the happy customers that your product is very good and decent prices

HOWEVER

You need to revamp your website. It doesn't hurt at all to post on your front page that delivery estimates can be up to 12-16 weeks. Jack, guess what?! If the machine is finished sooner and delivered sooner everyone is happy and YOU look like hero...a superstar.

For every order that is placed the minute you receive receipt of the order personally acknowledge the customer and thank them (maybe you do this already, I don't know.

Keep your customers in the loop. Email them every week and let them know the status of their machine. Your customers will feel good and you'll feel relieved that no one is hassling you for information.

Most of all, be Courteous and professional! Just because a customer snaps at you try and keep your cool...don't stoop to their level

I don't know what else to say

Duane

Mitosis Glass
2013-07-08, 8:00pm
Alright, I've kept my nose out of this as long as I could, but now I must speak up on Amy's behalf.

I've been here on LE for 4 1/2 years, and in that time I've seen not only Amy, but others stand up for customers who are not receiving the goods they paid for. What you've seen here is nothing unusual whatsoever, and isn't aimed at you as a person but rather at the business of UO.

Money is hard to come by, and the glass community stands behind people who are losing money due to non-delivery. Amy is a very vocal supporter who will go to bat for customers, and there are a few others as well.

One forum member even drove to a person's house, when they had bought a bunch of glass and tools, then reversed the charges once they received them, thereby ripping off the vendor. This forum person drove to that customer's house and claimed all the tools and glass back, and sent them back to the vendor.

What you're seeing here is not unusual. I'm glad there are people who look out for each other here. If the shoe were on the other foot and you were the one being ripped off, you would receive support too.

Raimond
2013-07-08, 8:21pm
HOWEVER

You need to revamp your website. It doesn't hurt at all to post on your front page that delivery estimates can be up to 12-16 weeks. Jack, guess what?! If the machine is finished sooner and delivered sooner everyone is happy and YOU look like hero...a superstar.

For every order that is placed the minute you receive receipt of the order personally acknowledge the customer and thank them (maybe you do this already, I don't know.

Keep your customers in the loop. Email them every week and let them know the status of their machine. Your customers will feel good and you'll feel relieved that no one is hassling you for information.

Most of all, be Courteous and professional! Just because a customer snaps at you try and keep your cool...don't stoop to their level

I don't know what else to say

Duane

I told Jack the exact same thing more than once, he was not about to change his business practices. Every man decides his future, some build bridges to the end they choose. Jack has done this, he, his family, employees will have to live with it.

LarryC
2013-07-08, 8:23pm
I am signing off. It is your fault that I don't want to come back. Anyone who has a question or problem can call me at any time 866-955-0200.

Thats sad. For the most part I have been following this from the sidelines but AKs work to drive resolution for these folks has been a bright spot for most of us that deserves praise not disdain.

CorriDawn
2013-07-08, 11:16pm
Part of what Amy does as a moderator is making sure things run smoothly. This may at times include having to get involved with situations like this. Amy did nothing wrong in this situation. She was making sure that everything was straightened out and that the customers are satisfied.

With Jack having been a vendor as well, the business practices can reflect on LE since people find his business through this website.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-09, 4:28am
For the record, and any of the mods can see this,

AK and I have never exchanged a single PM, or any other communication.

She has no vested interest in me personally.

She's simply being a good moderator.

demcc2
2013-07-09, 5:33am
AMEN!

For the record, and any of the mods can see this,

AK and I have never exchanged a single PM, or any other communication.

She has no vested interest in me personally.

She's simply being a good moderator.

Echobaby1
2013-07-09, 6:31am
Originally Posted by oxydoc View Post
What is it to you? Do you have some connection or you just want to keep stirring the UO2 pot? Call them and ask, if you are really that concerned.

At Jacks suggestion (which he has since deleted) Amy contacted me. I was frustrated and scared that I wouldn't get a machine and had lost what amounts to a 2 week paycheck for me. I didn't want to be too vocal beyond what I had already posted for fear of not getting my machine at all or getting a machine that wasn't what I ordered or even a broken machine. The last two are still valid worries.

I don't know what will happen with my O2 situation. I do want to thank Amy for posting and trying to help me get my oxycon. She took time out of her life to try to help get mine straightened out and I appreciated it.

Thank you Amy.

AKDesigns
2013-07-09, 9:03am
You're welcome Arryn. And thanks everyone for the nice comments and support. :)

jhana
2013-07-10, 12:54am
Every customer that forks out a lot of money and is waiting 40 days past delivery date. So far it's only happened once and hopefully won't happen again.
Obviously you are forgetting COTM club :lol::flirt::hide:

Reenie
2013-07-10, 1:38am
Too bad the statement isn't true. It hasn't only happened once, but many, many times. We all need to look out for each other. That is what "communities" are supposed to do!

AKDesigns
2013-07-10, 8:58am
Obviously you are forgetting COTM club :lol::flirt::hide:

Yeah, after typing that I thought of a few instances and even forgot about the COTM. :lol: Good times. I did remember the Precision 104 bulk buy though.

H1JACK3R
2013-07-17, 12:22pm
"Im sorry, I thought you also had a Hurricane. Which, was sent back for up[dates and free shipping. My bad " -Oxydoc

I couldn't reply to this in the thread you posted this in, because it was closed.

You keep saying that I received free shipping but that simply was never the case.

You failed to ever keep any records (or so you told me) of our transactions, so even though I prepaid shipping, you kept thinking it was never paid. And there were shipping delays because of this.

My hurricane is a top notch unit, I'm glad to have it.

I hope taking on distributors means that the customer experience improves, a lot.

I'll give you a call whenever I need new filters.