Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Components needed for bulk tank single fuel set-up w/HH?

one-eared pig
2006-06-15, 9:26am
hello!

i am finally going tomorrow to get bulk fuel (!adios 1lb MAPP!). it will be one of those bbq tanks (20#? i forgot already what size they said it is) of chemtane (no propolyne or MAPP available in this area). What components do i need to hook it up to my HotHead? What kind of hose, connectors, etc?

This info is probably out there, but I am at work and cannot cruise around out here.

Thanks in advance!

:fireblob: :fireblob: :fireblob:

shawnette
2006-06-15, 10:58am
All you need is the hose. It's the type that you use to convert a campstove to the big tank. You can purchase them at Walmart, but they have started making the ends different, so you'll need an adapter for the hose -> tank end. Just take your HH and the hose with you and the welding shop people should be able to get you whatever you need.

Dale M.
2006-06-15, 2:28pm
hello!

i am finally going tomorrow to get bulk fuel (!adios 1lb MAPP!). it will be one of those bbq tanks (20#? i forgot already what size they said it is) of chemtane (no propolyne or MAPP available in this area). What components do i need to hook it up to my HotHead? What kind of hose, connectors, etc?

This info is probably out there, but I am at work and cannot cruise around out here.

Thanks in advance!

:fireblob: :fireblob: :fireblob:

Any hose that has a 1 inch by 20 thread male "throwaway" connector on one end (torch end) and POL (Put On Left) fitting on other end (tank end) will work... Most camping hoses are this style.....

You may want to find something that matches the specification of this part number...

Stock No. F273702

On this site...

http://www.mrheater.com/seriesdetail.asp?id=152

And yes the hose should be long enough that you can have torch indoors but bulk tank remains outside!

Dale

one-eared pig
2006-06-15, 5:17pm
Thanks, Shawnette!

thanks, Dale! and oh yeah, that tank is definitely outside, against the cement blocks!

one-eared pig
2006-06-17, 11:45am
I read somewhere in another thread about flashback arrestors. is this something i need for this?

Dale M.
2006-06-17, 4:24pm
You can not use a flash back arrestor with a Hot Head. Besides torch design makes almost impossible to have a flashback...

Dale

one-eared pig
2006-06-18, 8:56am
That's what i thought, but something about my brain needs to see it in black & white so i don't start second-guessing myself.

thanks again!