Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Nortel Mid-Range

Venessa
2006-06-15, 6:38pm
Does any one have any experience with this torch? Can it be run on one oxycon? I don't know the PSI it puts out, but it is a Puritan Bennett Companion 492a, 5 LPM. How is this torch compared to a mini cc?

Cosmo
2006-06-16, 5:51am
I have one. No, it won't run well on a single 5LPM concentrator. I ran mine okay on two AirSep Newlife (5LPM) concentrators, but it was probably 50-60% of the flame I could get on oxygen. That torch is about 3-4 times the size of a Mini CC. If you get the MidRange Plus (which I have) it has a Minor top flame, which is roughly the same size as a Mini CC. You can use the top flame and bottom flame at the same time, or independently of each other.

It depends on what you are making, however. I didn't have a problem getting the flame hot, but it was difficult to get a large, neutral flame. There just wasn't enough oxygen there unless I turned the flame down. The Minor part ran very well on the two concentrators, however...

Snowfirebeads
2006-06-16, 6:03am
I have one. No, it won't run well on a single 5LPM concentrator. I ran mine okay on two AirSep Newlife (5LPM) concentrators, but it was probably 50-60% of the flame I could get on oxygen. That torch is about 3-4 times the size of a Mini CC. If you get the MidRange Plus (which I have) it has a Minor top flame, which is roughly the same size as a Mini CC. You can use the top flame and bottom flame at the same time, or independently of each other.

It depends on what you are making, however. I didn't have a problem getting the flame hot, but it was difficult to get a large, neutral flame. There just wasn't enough oxygen there unless I turned the flame down. The Minor part ran very well on the two concentrators, however...

Sending you a PM,
Chris

lainee733
2006-06-16, 6:54am
i pm'd ya

Venessa
2006-06-16, 5:22pm
Thanks, Cosmo and lainee733! I am gonna go ahead and get the torch, and will probably get a tank to run it on.