Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Cool eye protection

demcc2
2013-07-10, 8:31am
Everytime I get a pair of sunglasses I tend to like the blue or amber or red colored mirror lenses the best. I don't know...maybe it's something from my youth.

Does anyone make didys like this...with mirror finishes on the lens? I'd probably buy it if there was.

Duane

ArtcoInc
2013-07-12, 1:32pm
Current lampworking glasses use either a glass lens (such as the ACE 202 lens from Phillips) or a polycarbonate lens. I think that either could receive a mirror coating.

But, I think that these would have to be custom made, and most likely would not be cheap. For example, I sell a lexan faceshield that has a gold (yes, real gold!) coating on it to reflect the heat. You can imagine the cost of this!

Plus, I would be concerned about any optical distortion added to the lenses, especially in a one-of-a-kind application.

Malcolm

LarryC
2013-07-12, 9:22pm
Current lampworking glasses use either a glass lens (such as the ACE 202 lens from Phillips) or a polycarbonate lens. I think that either could receive a mirror coating.

But, I think that these would have to be custom made, and most likely would not be cheap. For example, I sell a lexan faceshield that has a gold (yes, real gold!) coating on it to reflect the heat. You can imagine the cost of this!

Plus, I would be concerned about any optical distortion added to the lenses, especially in a one-of-a-kind application.

Malcolm

Malcolm, please pm me the cost of that faceshield.

demcc2
2013-07-13, 5:34am
I called phillips directly and inquired. It will indeed be custom and cost $50 for the special coating. I'll pass but thanks for that info anyways, Malcolm!

Duane