Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : revamped website, critiques needed please!

rachelle
2006-06-21, 11:46pm
I've finally re-done my site, after it's been sitting stagnating for 2 years! I used yahoo sitebuikder, as I'm a computer idiot, and this is relativley easy.
I'd appreciate any feedback! I'm working on a laptop, and don't know how it appears on a regular computer.
so, is it easy to navigate? too many/too few pictures? ( DH and I disagree here!) is it interesting? etc... etc...

thanks for looking!
Rachelle.

www.rg-glass.com

Holaday
2006-06-22, 7:47am
Hi Rachelle,
I think it looks fresh and original. I like the white background for setting off the colors of the glass. It navigates easily except for the fact that the navigation buttons on the "splash" page are "below the fold" and I have to scroll down in order to use them. From what I read about site design, this is not something you want to have to do on the first page. I am working on a 19" monitor, but perhaps resolution settings have some influence on this. I know it may not look the same on every monitor, even those of the same size. Perhaps you can vary the size of type a bit more on the first page, make some of it smaller. This might make it easier to focus on what is most important and help to bring the navigation buttons up a bit.

I too fell in love with glass when watching an artist make glass animals. That was at the county faire and the swans were my favorites. Nearly 50 years later and I am finally working with hot glass, beads not animals, but what a thrill!

I really like your jewelry made with the leaves and flower shapes. The design and color are perfect. Leaves are the one sculptural item I hope to master eventually, and yours are an inspiration.

Carol

www.carolholaday.com

rachelle
2006-06-22, 10:08am
Hi Carol! thanks so much for the feedback! I'll try and change the first page so that you don't have to scroll down.
I just looked at your site...it's lovely! do you update your "what's new"page often? I'm thinking of something similar, to keep people interested. (hopefully!!)
I love your metal sculpture, and your cv. is very impressive!
thanks again, Rachelle